People who can't separate the art from the artist are tiring

Prince was never gay, he wore feminine fashions and created a female alter ego, but he was androgynous, but he still took the girl home, trust me..

Nothing gay about him, he was just a ***ual person and wasn't afraid to Express himself between both worlds..

Listen to his 1981 Song "controversy"

He asks you. 

"Am I straight or gay?"

There was rumors, but he was just poking fun at the rumors, nothing wrong with that.. he laughed it off, he didn't do it like most males do, he just played along with it, which was genius, especially at the most conservative decade. For ***ual expression and freedom, the 1980s..

On 4/25/2021 at 10:41 PM, Dreams said:

So tired of these people saying someone is problematic1!!111!!! or whatever

A painting or a song stands on it's own.
A very nice person might produce crap art, just listen to ARTPOP

Once a piece of art is born, it has a life of its own.
in the end, the art is not the artist. they are separable to me.
Times change, norms change, and people change, too.
if we threw out all art whose creators didn't fit current political standards or whose creators were problematic, we would have precious little left,

if you are going to listen to music with this mindset, you aren't going to listen to much things.cancelled.jpg.e5a3f07d3a65455609867ef9d55f5a54.jpg

Sorry, but I’m not agree 100%. Not when someone make art based in a protest or movement just trying to sell more copies of their music, or even worst, an abuser or a rap***. Just no...

But I’m agree when we talk about people that made a not so big mistake and the world wants them to pay their whole life. They should look at themselves first and get a life also...

45 minutes ago, Lizardface said:

Why would a grown *** men want to be in bed with children unsupervised.

Use your brain sweetie. 

Yeah that's creepy as hell but Michael was a weirdo , but it still doesn't mean he did something ***ual to the children .... Like , still I'm not advocating for what he did , but calling him a pe** is just disrespectful .

I just think peoples reasons for canceling people are stupid. Like yeahhhh azealia banks has a lot of trash opinions on things and somehow that makes it so she can't have a music career even though her music is incredible but somehow chris brown is still racking up top ten hits after what he did to rihanna? Make it make sense 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
On 4/25/2021 at 2:41 PM, Dreams said:

So tired of these people saying someone is problematic1!!111!!! or whatever

A painting or a song stands on it's own.
A very nice person might produce crap art, just listen to ARTPOP

Once a piece of art is born, it has a life of its own.
in the end, the art is not the artist. they are separable to me.
Times change, norms change, and people change, too.
if we threw out all art whose creators didn't fit current political standards or whose creators were problematic, we would have precious little left,

if you are going to listen to music with this mindset, you aren't going to listen to much things.cancelled.jpg.e5a3f07d3a65455609867ef9d55f5a54.jpg

I can agree to an extent. If the artist just says ignorant, obnoxious **** (Kanye, for example) are one thing but evil, vile predators that used their influence, money, and power (R. Kelly, obviously) to r@pe, torture, and enslave young Black girls should be completely cancelled. Every streaming sight and store should remove any media by him and release a statement announcing said removal along with a very stern and clear denouncement of the monster as a whole. Anyone wondering why this hasn’t been done yet, especially those that don’t live in the U.S., our Constitution considers any defendant innocent until proven guilty so, until R. Kelly changes his plea to guilty or is found guilty in a court of law, the big companies that stream and sell his media (e.g. YouTube, Spotify, Shazam, Tidal, Apple Music, etc.) it is more than likely due to this Constitutional clause but will more than like likely play out as explained above. 

PS - A serious and heartfelt thank you to anyone that actually read this entire comment. I have ADHD but write important legal documents many days in my profession so, while I am good at putting my thoughts down in a relatively chronological order, I can’t just write a short paragraph and call it a day, lol. Anyhow, I know people hate long replies so, if  you took any of your precious time to read all of this I genuinely appreciate you and you made my day 💜

• Love 2

I listened to Broke With Expensive taste today for the first time in a while and I was like :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

I still follow her and enjoy her so-called problematic persona sue me.

But I get what you're saying and it is very exhausting everyone policing each other over everything all the time. The Lana mask and question for culture thing got taken way out of context....

artists used to be the ones that broke  the rules and shook up the culture, now everyone has to play it so safe. :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block