Demi Lovato says Gender Reveal parties are Transphobic

Marcanthony

Not transphobic, but they do put an unecessary and retrograde emphasis on gender, in a time I feel we should be advancing as society to raising children with less gender roles and more gender fluidity. In my opinion both women rights and the LGBTQ+ community wins with less gender assigned roles in society. 

Girls are pink and boys are blue, come on. This isnt just about birth atributtied ***, but also about the roles society put on men and women.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

PLEASE STOP

CAN WE FOCUS ON REAL TRANSPHOBIA?!

Btw this JK Rowling b tch isn't transphobic, people are too sensitive. People that actually AREN'T trans are offended. 

I invite you to watch this video:

I thought the backlash was another case of overly sensitive keyboard warriors too, but it’s really not.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

I used to love Blaire—and still do, but it’s very clear to me that the quality of her videos has deteriorated in the last year or so.

Her opinion is just as valid as contrapoints, but notice how contrapoints spends like 30 minutes explaining why one tweet was offensive? Blaire’s really just taking it at face value.

• Like 1

Wow this thread blew up :akii_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

I think parents just want to celebrate that they're having a kid. Gender is not important to them and they just need a reason to celebrate and hence made it a gender reveal party.

Also this is a repost from the same person who i think once said if you won't date a trans person you're transphobic

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Circuit said:

I used to love Blaire—and still do, but it’s very clear to me that the quality of her videos has deteriorated in the last year or so.

Her opinion is just as valid as contrapoints, but notice how contrapoints spends like 30 minutes explaining why one tweet was offensive? Blaire’s really just taking it at face value.

Blaire is pathetic though. She literally does no research and has had to apologize for spreading false information more than once, except she knowingly does so and only apologizes (sort of) when she is exposed.

I use to like her but she goes out of her way to constantly dunk on trans people who have difficulty "passing" or who are not trans the way she wants them to be. :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

Contrapoints is on a whole other level. She's actually intelligent, articulate, well-researched, poised, entertaining, funny, ect I could go on and on. There is no comparison.:kesha_sunglasses_pink_talking_telling:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Circuit said:

I know she's a b tch and a liar but I agree with her on that 

• 2 weeks later...

So it’s not unnecessary to be bashing traditional gender reveal parties? Many keep saying let people do what they want, but gash folks that do a not or girl gender reveal!

News flash when you’re mom is carrying  you you’re either a boy or a girl now when you’re born and if you as an individual feel as though that’s not your gender is fine but it’s not healthy to press and push this stuff on kids! 

Nor is it okay to bash folks for celebrating traditionally and it’s not okay to bash non traditional! 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block