Were these remixes official?

Lonely2001

Hi, so I'm starting to download some cool remixes and I wanted to know if these were officially released, or leaked, or myb just fanmade. So what do you guys think?

1. Break The Ice (Urban Cyborg Remix) ft. Fabolous

2. Gimme More (Remix) ft. TI

3. Scream & Shout (Trap Remix) ft. Pitbull

4. Till The World Ends (Remix) ft. R.Ke**y

5. Piece Of Me (Extended Cut) ft. Robyn

I couldn't find any of them on Discogs, but myb they were released online or something like that. What do you guys think? 

PS. Tell me if you know some other cool remixes that feature other artists. 🙂

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not sure whether or not any of these are official! But I quite like the one with Robyn and the Scream & Shout remix :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

Don’t quote me on this but I believe there’s a Gimme More remix with Lil Kim and then another one with Lil Wayne and they MAY be official at least on the features side, definitely not Britney’s though. 

Break the Ice was the planned single version, though I don’t believe it was ever released officially

Genuinely don’t know about Gimme More feat TI. Funnily enough I think in 2018(?) TI said he’s always dreamed of working with Britney. It seems he doesn’t even know about Tik Tik Boom

i believe Scream & Shout and TTWE are real too, but again I’m not sure if they were ever “officially released” or just leaked on the web. 

these tracks all genuinely confuse me and I never knew where they came from. If I’m not mistaken they came from random radio airplay  

someone mentioned the gimme more remix with lil kim which IS official. You can find it on Britney’s page on streaming platforms as well as iTunes. The official release version is censored quite a bit but there’s a leaked version online that’s uncensored

7 hours ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

Till the world ends remix is real.  Fabulous one is real too, not sure about the other ones.  There also is a official HIAM remix featuring Flo Rida.  

On Wikipedia page in my country it says that the fabolous one is official. 

It also says that TTWE one was just upload online by R. Ke**y. 

Not sure about that HIAM remix.

31 minutes ago, CenterOfTheRing98 said:

Break the Ice is real (was supposed to be the original single release), Gimme More is a fan mad remix using TI’s “Bring Em Out” verses and TTWE was a real but leaked remix. The others are all fanmade. 

So the Break The Ice was really released? Was it just uploaded online or in some else format? And is the Hold It Against Me feat. Flo Rida remix officially released? 🙂

16 hours ago, femmefatoole said:

I’m not sure whether or not any of these are official! But I quite like the one with Robyn and the Scream & Shout remix :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

Don’t quote me on this but I believe there’s a Gimme More remix with Lil Kim and then another one with Lil Wayne and they MAY be official at least on the features side, definitely not Britney’s though. 

The Remix with Lil Kim is real,you can find him on the MCD for Piece Of Me

14 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

What makes a remix official? Like does it have to be officially released or endorsed by Britney to be counted?

Well I consider a remix official if it has some kind of release. There are a few remixes that feature other artists on some remixes CD's by Britney. You know, I don't consider it official if it is just leaked or uploaded by the featured artist without Britneys permission.

A few that are 100% official are:

- Someday (Gota Remix) ft. MCU

- Boys (The Co-Ed Remix) ft. Pharrell

- Till The World Ends (The FF Remix) ft. Nicki & Ke$ha

- Gimme More (The Kimme More Remix) ft. Lil' Kim

- Slumber Party (The Remix) ft. Tinashe

- Make Me... (The VMA Eazy Remix) ft. G-Eazy

- I Wanna Go (The Desi Hits! Remix) ft. Sonu Nigam

- Me Against The Music (Bloodshy & Avant Chix Mix) ft. Penelope Magnet

- Piece Of Me (Sly & Robbie Reggae Remix) ft. Cherine Andersen

- Gimme More (Ely Escobar & Doug Grayson Remix) ft. Amanda Blank

10 hours ago, Lonely2001 said:

On Wikipedia page in my country it says that the fabolous one is official. 

It also says that TTWE one was just upload online by R. Ke**y. 

Not sure about that HIAM remix.

I thought R Kelly was only on a I Wanna Go remix? I didn't know he did a TTWE one (that was real).

On 1/18/2021 at 1:27 PM, Isla said:

I thought R Kelly was only on a I Wanna Go remix? I didn't know he did a TTWE one (that was real).

Not sure where you found an IWG remix with R Kelly, but he never did one so it’s most likely fanmade.

The Flo Rida HIAM remix is also official, but in the same vein as the R Kelly TTWE mix - both were officially recorded and mixed, but released online by the rappers themselves. It was not commissioned by the label or physically released. 

3 hours ago, CenterOfTheRing98 said:

Not sure where you found an IWG remix with R Kelly, but he never did one so it’s most likely fanmade.

The Flo Rida HIAM remix is also official, but in the same vein as the R Kelly TTWE mix - both were officially recorded and mixed, but released online by the rappers themselves. It was not commissioned by the label or physically released. 

Oh ddd maybe I was getting the songs mixed up? I know there's also a Bollywood/Desi Hits remix of I Wanna Go as well. Also wasn't the Kimme More remix of Gimme More only released by Lil Kim through one of her mixtapes?

3 hours ago, Isla said:

Oh ddd maybe I was getting the songs mixed up? I know there's also a Bollywood/Desi Hits remix of I Wanna Go as well. Also wasn't the Kimme More remix of Gimme More only released by Lil Kim through one of her mixtapes?

Nope, it was released on Piece of me single on some editions.

Archived