Britney's peak is In The Zone. Period.

zxcvb

Glory could be her new peak after in the zone. But they messed it all up with video and pics. She was performing a lot and her dancing became better. I remember the circus era she was still fierce and her dancing were sharp. I guess bc she wanted her life back yet they continued to **** her and femme fatale was just really anything close to her circus performances. 

In glory she seemed starting to enjoy performing even if her moves were not always on top. 

It is funny how cship and her father praised for her career being back and her fortune but never blaimed for ruining her image as best performer. She was trendsetter then and even if she is still making millions without knowing -her reputation as pop music artist def suffered. And yes we do not know if she ever performed if she wasnt obliged to by cship  but i believe it would be way better bc she would be in charge of her work not other ppl signing contracts for her.

2 hours ago, zxcvb said:

Her becoming an irrefutable songwriter during In The Zone puts it over the top and offsets the negative aspects (sales decline, tabloid crazyness etc...) (As an artist, In The Zone easily>>her previous three eras)

I don’t think her songwriting abilities or accomplishments or growth as an artist equal her peak....  if the thread/conversation or argument was Britney’s artistry peak and growth as an artist was itz etc etc then that’s different story n then I agree Bc it was her most personal album to date even now. but it’s not her peak as an overall pop star. 

Her peak is when party city and the rest of world dressed as Britney with the snake for Halloween year after year and to this day.... lololololol 

mtv performance GIF

That’s fffk’nnnn simply iconic that transcended not only pop American culture but ww globally music culture.it became engraved in many people’s memories forever. What time to be alive honestly. Britney was a pop culture phenomenon moment during Britney .. that’s what you call a peak her most popular era/state.

besides the kiss which is the only arguably iconic thing of that era ..  how can u really argue itz tops Britney era in terms of peak/icon/legendary status...

bc I just don’t see it.

9 hours ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

I love the itz album but that era no. 

yes she reigned pop queen 99-04 yes.

buttttttt

her absolutely peak peak was 

Britney era 

-the snake the vmas iconic till this day. 
-Her own movie.
- her slave video still iconic. More iconic than toxic or mtam vid.

- Her ww Pepsi commercial. Her aggressive album promo despite her radio ban. 
- her and Justin’s demin outfit. Iconic in fashion/pop culture and Britney’s not a fashion girl..even now 20 years later (the anniversary was the other day )

- Britney’s total request live centered episode 
- she hosted the amas with ll cool j.

- she was in Austin powers 3

- she performed with Michael Jackson (pop royalty)

- her first cable live televised show on hbo.
- Her dream within a dream tour.. 

And I’m prob missing more facts ..in the britney era she was literally everywhere ww full force like mj status.

i love itz and it could of been realllly great with the hype of the kiss and the success of toxic ..and but it was cut very very short due to her knee injury on outrageous and the Britney machine was getting over it obv and it was the first time we didn’t get a vma performance based on an album single of that era ( supposedly there was a cleopatra themed idea for vma04 but that’s hearsay ) and then she got married so in all it just doesn’t live Upto the Britney era. 

britney spears GIF

This all day. Case closed.

case closed eddie GIF

I feel like we all had this conversation recently and I tried pointing to all the promo and endorsements she had during the Britney era. If ITZ had a true full era, I think we could put that in the top spot but since it was cut short we have to give the crown to the Britney era. You could not blink without seeing Britney during those years. 

• Love 2

Artistically, I would agree with ITZ. That album was pretty creative and she co-wrote most of the tracks. She had awesome videos, awesome choreography, awesome performances. The tour was great.

"Britney" also had all of that but the album was not as creative in my opinion. To me, this "Britney" was her best and biggest era. And it was her peak in the media's eyes and her physical appearance. But again, ITZ was her peak as an artist.

5 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Who the f even is Norah Jones :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: I swear to God fucjing Americans and their basic boring taste in music never fail to disappoint

Some years ago on an interview Eminem was dragging the grammys, he talked about losing a Grammy to her, but Norah's album had really positive reviews and it sold more than 20m I think. She is talented. 

13 hours ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

I love the itz album but that era no. 

yes she reigned pop queen 99-04 yes.

buttttttt

her absolutely peak peak was 

Britney era 

-the snake the vmas iconic till this day. 
-Her own movie.
- her slave video still iconic. More iconic than toxic or mtam vid.

- Her ww Pepsi commercial. Her aggressive album promo despite her radio ban. 
- her and Justin’s demin outfit. Iconic in fashion/pop culture and Britney’s not a fashion girl..even now 20 years later (the anniversary was the other day )

- Britney’s total request live centered episode 
- she hosted the amas with ll cool j.

- she was in Austin powers 3

- she performed with Michael Jackson (pop royalty)

- her first cable live televised show on hbo.
- Her dream within a dream tour.. 

And I’m prob missing more facts ..in the britney era she was literally everywhere ww full force like mj status.

i love itz and it could of been realllly great with the hype of the kiss and the success of toxic ..and but it was cut very very short due to her knee injury on outrageous and the Britney machine was getting over it obv and it was the first time we didn’t get a vma performance based on an album single of that era ( supposedly there was a cleopatra themed idea for vma04 but that’s hearsay ) and then she got married so in all it just doesn’t live Upto the Britney era. 

britney spears GIF

I dont think the Slave video is more iconic than Toxic at all, just look at the views on YouTube and halloween costumes. The VMA performance is one of the most iconic moments on TV and pop culture but the song/video isnt so remembered by gp nowaday. The song/video isnt one of the most streamed of hers nowadays or overall. U dont see a lot of people dressing as Britney on the video as well. 

8 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Omg what? MATM was #1 for 4 weeks in the International Charts :orangu_orangutan_ape: Did u live in America at the time?

The tour literally grossed 47 million dollars :orangu_orangutan_ape:

ok, i like you, but you really need some Britney education.:bcut_britney_clapboard:

Britney was more popular during the Britney era, PERIODT. She still was on top of the world. She and Justin were one of the most powerfull couples. Just take what we say, cause you know, we actually lived at that time and you did not. Lol

Also, dont forget Britney and Justin’s break up in 2002. That was HUGE, and people blamed Britney. Xtina released her biggest album Stripped and started touring with freaking Justin Timberlake, almost like they both turned their back against her. Justin spilled some tea and People found out Britney’s virgin image was all a lie, she got a lot of hate and bad press after that break up. People really turned against her. Even when she took a short break from the industry, her private life got exposed in a negative way, she lost a bit starpower after that. It was a messy time for Britney.

After a few succesful era’s from 1999 till 2002 -and after bad press about her private life- Britney didnt had a succesful hitsong in 2 years while Xtina became bigger and bigger because of Stripped. Britney finally released MATM, it became a ‘cute’ little hit at that time, but nothing special at all. Nothing memorable about it, while her biggest competition Xtina was releasing bop after bop. MATM is a freaking Madonna featuring song and still people seem to have forgotten about the song these days. Even tho Britney was still big at that time; Toxic really REALLY saved the ITZ era. But then after the Everytime release and Britney started earning back that starpower, she got her famous knee injury and the era suddenly was rushed ended. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Bundy said:

I dont think the Slave video is more iconic than Toxic at all, just look at the views on YouTube and halloween costumes. The VMA performance is one of the most iconic moments on TV and pop culture but the song/video isnt so remembered by gp nowaday. The song/video isnt one of the most streamed of hers nowadays or overall. U dont see a lot of people dressing as Britney on the video as well. 

Yes n no and hear me out I see what u mean but this is where I’m coming from...When ever I think of ima slave 4 ..I automatically think (vma performance + the music video as one package ) despite it being 2 diff things obv .. but it was a truly an iconic time In Her career , toxic as good as the song was to me just doesn’t compare .. n yes I’m also cheating bc I automatically put vmas performance with slave vid... but how many celebrities over the years talk about how that was such a moment for them. Yes they talk about toxic too.. but that knee injury really killed the era for all of us...Yes my logic prob doesn’t make sense at all as there diff entities a music video and a performance but I’m talking about overall impact. Call me crazy but
As pretty as the crystals covering her body is in toxic that’s really all the video stands out to me... there’s no iconic choreography 😞

in slave she gave us party orrgiyyy. She gave us choreography. She gave us sweaty bodies she is everything and more....she finally shed her girl next door image.

N This is with a radio ban. imagine how bigger slave would of been with the proper radio play ..We even have a signature dance move from slave and how big is that now in selling songs with signature dance moves to appeal on tik tok. 

Toxic is just a really great song prob her best song but I’m talking about Britney’s overall peak. 

• Like 2