Britney's peak is In The Zone. Period.

zxcvb

5 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

Who the f even is Norah Jones :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

You dont know whom Norah Jones IS? :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Dont you live in Europe? She has shifted 14 million albums in Europe, i thought u would be familiar with her name:queenie_falling_dying_dead:

11 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

Americans and their basic boring taste in music never fail to disappoint

Omg m dead screaming at this :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

I honestly never knew she was so big tbh :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Super Mods
3 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

You dont know whom Norah Jones IS? :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Dont you live in Europe? She has shifted 14 million albums in Europe, i thought u would be familiar with her name:queenie_falling_dying_dead:

Omg m dead screaming at this :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

I honestly never knew she was so big tbh :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Nnnnn maybe I know some song of hers idk :gloriascary_scared_shocked_shook_wow_surprised:Β idk who that bitxh is :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Haha 1
Just now, BUWYGF said:

Ohhhhh I know this song.

She literally has 3 successful albums but only one memorable record :orangu_orangutan_ape:

I cant believe this album cover and song needs to be shown to someone to remember who she is :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

1 minute ago, BUWYGF said:

Ok she's super talented and has lovely music, but outselling itz? Howwwww

I dont know :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:Β Britney would have had the best selling female album of the 00s and 2nd highest-selling female album of the centuryΒ if it werent for Come Away With Me outselling OIDIA outta nowhere :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

She literally has 3 successful albums but only one memorable record :orangu_orangutan_ape:

I cant believe this album cover and song needs to be shown to someone to remember who she is :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

I dont know :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:Β Britney would have had the best selling female album of the 00s and 2nd highest-selling female album of the centuryΒ if it werent for Come Away With Me outselling OIDIA outta nowhere :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

I cant at forgetable Nora outselling a legend such as Britney. Its like if Heidi Montag outsold Madonna :orangu_orangutan_ape:Β Or if some ****ty gen z D lister outsold Billie Eyelash :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

I cant at forgetable Nora outselling a legend such as Britney. Its like if Heidi Montag outsold Madonna :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Its so weird but **** like that always happens :orangu_orangutan_ape:Β Like you could be the most biggest celebrity but still have some random artist outsell you :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:Β 

Β 

12 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

Or if some ****ty gen z D lister outsold Billie Eyelash :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

It pretty much was like Pop Smoke outselling Taylor last year :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

I love the itz album but that era no.Β 

yes she reigned pop queenΒ 99-04 yes.

buttttttt

her absolutely peak peak wasΒ 

Britney eraΒ 

-the snake the vmas iconic till this day.Β 
-Her own movie.
- her slave video still iconic. More iconic than toxic or mtam vid.

-Β Her wwΒ Pepsi commercial. Her aggressive album promo despite her radio ban.Β 
- her and Justin’s demin outfit. Iconic in fashion/pop culture and Britney’s not a fashion girl..even now 20 years later (the anniversary was the other day )

- Britney’s total request live centered episodeΒ 
- she hosted the amas with ll cool j.

- she was inΒ Austin powers 3

- she performed with Michael Jackson (pop royalty)

- her first cable live televised show on hbo.
- Her dream within a dream tour..Β 

And I’m prob missing more facts ..in the britney era she was literally everywhere ww full force like mj status.

i love itz and it could of been reallllyΒ great with the hype of the kiss and the success of toxicΒ ..and but it was cut very very short due to her knee injury on outrageous and the Britney machine was getting over it obv and it was the first time we didn’t get a vma performance based on an album single of that era ( supposedly there was a cleopatra themed idea for vma04 but that’s hearsayΒ )Β and then she gotΒ marriedΒ so in all it just doesn’t live Upto the Britney era.Β 

britney spears GIF

1 hour ago, Easy There said:

Britney era. She was already on a decline on every aspect (except music wise) in 2003

1 hour ago, BUWYGF said:

I mean I get why you think ITZ is her peak, I also think she looked her best and was definitely growing into her own and into a fierce woman, but her peak really was Britney.

She already stopped singing live during ITZ and was criticized for lypsinching too much. During Britney she still sang live very oftenΒ 

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

I think in terms of sales, that would be ...Baby

Then in terms of overall success and popularity, it was for sure Oops!

In terms of star power, the cake is taken by Britney

And finally in terms of media attention, tabloid bonanza and recognition..In The Zone would win

But regardless, all these 3 eras were beyond extremely successful :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

Β 

Her becoming an irrefutable songwriter during In The Zone puts it over the top and offsets the negative aspects (sales decline, tabloid crazyness etc...) (As an artist, In The Zone easily>>her previous three eras)

(1:50)

Β 

1 hour ago, BUWYGF said:

lthough ITZ choreos were ***ual and extremely pleasing to watch, her dance routines during Britney remain unmatched. She performed very demanding and complicated dance moves effortlessly, something ITZney sacrificed for ***ual moves (which I do adore). But yeah, Britney was definitely her peak, although ITZ is a very close second :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

Me Against the Music (and Toxic video) still matches Britney/Oops or Baby eras...

Β 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, zxcvb said:

Her becoming an irrefutable songwriter during In The Zone puts it over the top and offsets the negative aspects (sales decline, tabloid crazyness etc...) (As an artist, In The Zone easily>>her previous three eras)

(1:50)

Β 

Me Against the Music (and Toxic video) still matches Britney/Oops or Baby eras...

Β 

:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

In terms of being a performer...:brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

In terms of popularity...:nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

Britney started to decline in popularity right after Britney and she was the β€œbad girl” during ITZ. Yeah, she still sold because Britney still had a pretty big LOYAL fan base and I’d say a portionΒ of her β€œloyal” fan base left after CircusΒ :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

Anyway, Britney was her β€œpopularity” peak. She was EVERY WHEREΒ :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

Β 

Minus radio of courseΒ :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Britney started to decline in popularity right after Britney and she was the β€œbad girl” during ITZ.

Boo, she was as popular in the ITZ era as the Britney era if not more :orangu_orangutan_ape:Β There was not any cm of decline in that era, just that she started becoming more hated (which anyways was ignited in the Britney) era

3 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Boo, she was as popular in the ITZ era as the Britney era if not more :orangu_orangutan_ape:Β There was not any cm of decline in that era, just that she started becoming more hated (which anyways was ignited in the Britney) era

Not true lol.

You were born in 2006 lol.Β 

She had same amount of press coverage in 2003 but mostly in a negative way.

• Haha 1
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, Easy There said:

Not true lol.

You were born in 2006 lol.Β 

She had same amount of press coverage in 2003 but mostly in a negative way.

Britney earned the guiness world records for most watched performance in 2004 (300+ million viewers), was the most paid female celebrity of 2003,Β was even the most searched celebrity from 2003 to 2004, had released the most popular female song (toxic) of 2004, and had the 2nd highest-selling female album of 2004Β 

But i will have to agree about the press coverage thing

14 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I’m sorry honey but I was there. Britney wasn’t liked much by the GP hence why MATM β€œflopped” but Toxic salvaged ITZ. Ticket sales to Onyx Hotel were rumored to be less than stellar tooΒ :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

TBH the only people still interested in Britney by ITZ era was the LGBTQ community & their ally'sΒ 

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

In terms of being a performer...:brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

In terms of popularity...:nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

Britney started to decline in popularity right after Britney and she was the β€œbad girl” during ITZ. Yeah, she still sold because Britney still had a pretty big LOYAL fan base and I’d say a portionΒ of her β€œloyal” fan base left after CircusΒ :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

Anyway, Britney was her β€œpopularity” peak. She was EVERY WHEREΒ :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn:

Β 

Minus radio of courseΒ :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

ThisΒ 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I’m sorry honey but I was there. Britney wasn’t liked much by the GP hence why MATM β€œflopped

Omg what? MATM was #1 for 4 weeks in the International Charts :orangu_orangutan_ape:Β Did u live in America at the time?

7 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Ticket sales to Onyx Hotel were rumored to be less than stellar tooΒ :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

The tour literally grossed 47 million dollars :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Β