Britney's peak is In The Zone. Period.

zxcvb

20 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

What's your fave album by her? :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

Personally for me her top 3 albums are Britney, Circus and Glory. I think there distinctive in their periods of release, and as bodies of works go, there structured well with Circus having some of the best "bonus" tracks (Quicksand, Phonography, Amnesia).

Glory gets overlooked alot by fans, but as a consistent body of work personally Glory is one of her best structured albums. There's something for every type of Britney fan, it has standout tracks such as Liar, Man on the Moon, Do You Want to Come Over, Mood Ring, Just Luv Me, etc.

britney spears hair flip GIFCircus Dancing GIF by Britney Spearsbritney spears GIF

• Love 1
On 1/11/2021 at 11:23 AM, ColdAsFire88 said:

Britney wasn’t liked much by the GP hence why MATM “flopped” but Toxic salvaged ITZ.

MATM "flopped" because the radio boycott had not ended yet.

EDIT: Madonna was also under an even more intense radio boycott at the time because of American Life, so that probably didn't help.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Where are you getting your info from. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

It was Concerts West who sponsored the Dream Within a Dream tour and the alleged radio ban being allegedly no longer valid would have been because Britney had ClearChannel Entertainment sponsor The Onyx Hotel Tour. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Okay i might have been inaccurate on that part but the point is still spread that ClearChannel was pressed about it and also Toxic was already released two-months prior to the Onyx Hotel Tour so that would not have happened yet :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Okay i might have been inaccurate on that part but the point is still spread that ClearChannel was pressed about it and also Toxic was already released two-months prior to the Onyx Hotel Tour so that would not have happened yet :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

You do realize the tour was announced in 2003? BEFORE Toxic. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

You're a very kind person but where do you get 99.999...% of your facts from? :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Please let me know if I offended you, by the way. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

oh no, no u didnt lol :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

5 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

You see my problem is this, my project on how Hawaii become a U.S. state even though I'm Canadian is due tomorrow and it's 9 PM. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Then what are you doing!? Wishing heroes truly exist and cry watching the days? get to work work :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

• Haha 1
On 1/11/2021 at 10:13 PM, nthenwkiss said:

britney's peak was the britney era - and i've said this before; if we have to single it out to a specific moment, this would be the absolute peak of her career.

giphy.gif

yes, we had AMAZING moments before and after, but even if by a tiny bit, this was her absolute peak, that brief moment when she turns around with the snake on her shoulders. that was it.

and that's written in the stars somewhere.

For me, my personal exact performance of Brit's peak was this! When she sang "I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman" during her HBO concert!

I-m-Not-a-Girl-Not-Yet-a-Woman-Live-From

• Like 2
On 1/12/2021 at 11:54 AM, FraFromThe90's said:

Why was the radio ban? I never understood it? It was for breakout with Justin? It was something official? And why Jive didn't do anything to solve the problem? I think it's always absurd to ban an artist for "ethic" reason, and in this case it was even more absurd.. And they are not even coherent, because you can listen on radio artists with all kind of problems, also racists artists.. 

'Radio banned her at the time. Clearchannel which owns most radio stations in the US were originally supposed to be the sponser for DWAD tour but then Britney dropped them and chose Pepsi instead because of her contract with them, so they blacklisted her songs. The ban was lifted after MATM was released.'

On 1/12/2021 at 11:44 PM, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Where are you getting your info from. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

It was Concerts West who sponsored the Dream Within a Dream tour and the alleged radio ban being allegedly no longer valid would have been because Britney had ClearChannel Entertainment sponsor The Onyx Hotel Tour. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

Exactly! Big radio didn't care if a song was popular. They could make it a flop if they wanted to, they had absolute power at the time. Today it's likely the same, but with Apple Music and Spotify. Toxic's popularity likely had some effect, but lets not be delusional and think pop music is influenced by consumers.

• Love 2

YES. All their peaks are spectacular, innovative and iconic, but ITZ transports me, so unique.. His voice, tone, nuances.. I can listen without getting tired "Breathe, Against, Outrageous, Touch, Early, Answer, Boom". For me, his best album, presentations, videos, maturity, choreography and tour (This last one surpassed by "Britney"), but overall everything was perfect.

Thank you Britney for giving us this special epoch in your career and it shows the effort and creativity that you was put into it. I LOVE YOU.

feat-britney-spears-matm-sans-madonna.jp

• Love 1