Britney's peak is In The Zone. Period.

zxcvb

What would you consider a peak? I believe every era felt like an infusion of enthusiasm and excitement for me. They were each different. This goes way beyond an album. 

BOMT - obviously she solicited herself as a pop legend. 

Oops - continued to reinforce her pop royalty. Controversial VMA performance.

Britney - Britney moving away from her teen persona. She was a lot edgier/***ier. We see her in a new light as an actress and host/presenter. Whole new sound phonically. Controversial VMA performance.

In The Zone - Collaborating with the Queen of Pop, aka Madonna. Controversial VMA performance. Toxic gave her a new resurgence in pop. Amazing performances/concert. 

Blackout - One of the best Pop albums of all time after the height of her break-up with Justin and controversy revolving her erratic behaviour. Everything else sucked of course, but it was offset with one of the best albums put out to date. 

Circus - Womanizer was released, iconic! Her "comeback" and the anticipation to her rise to fame was enticing. Documentary revolving her mysterious behaviour over the past year, accompanied by her VMA win, and her amazing tour was everything! The album was decent. She put out some bangers in terms of bonus tracks however. 3 was amazing.

Femme Fatale - HIAM, once again, brought back another resurgence in pop history. Yet again, she put out the best album to date (and arguably the 2nd or 3rd best album she's ever released). Her performances were a bit shaky at the beginning, but her tour was amazing! The singles were incredible! We went in 4 singles deep and I loved every minute of it. We got Scream and Shout and some off tracks here and there, like Pretty Girls which was decent. Loved the performance. Love Iggy! So once again, she has an ear for music.

Britney Jean - Half the album was a mess, but Work *****, ICONIC! Once again, another resurgence in Pop History. We got the AMAZING residency! Once of my favourite concerts of all time. And it was in VEGAS! She did some off tracks here and there. She genuinely looked hot throughout this era. 

Glory - Puts out the best Pop album probably to come out in the last 5 years! So much so, we have received several re-releases. Tons of bonus tracks and remixes. She had some of the best performances we've seen in a long time. Make Me was incredible to see performed. Sadly this era died after two singles, but otherwise, Slumber Party music video was ICONIC! The song, ear candy and revolutionary. It's like Break The Ice meets Get Naked, 2.0. 

So its hard to say when she has "peaked" because ... some eras she has had amazing performances and presence, but the album as a cohesive project fair subpar compared to some eras where the presence was a dud, but the album was flawless. Glory still peaks in my eyes tbh. 

Now get an era that has the elements of Oops/Britney era with Glory album-level to accompany it, DAMN ... that would be lit!! 

Either way, Britney has created what's called a ceiling effect. You can't get much lower or higher than this tbh. If you disagree, well enjoy Shawn Mendes running around a stage with a guitar for 2 hours (albeit singing passionately) to a few hit songs he's made and enjoy his arms then I guess. 

2 hours ago, ***yLove said:

ITZ is when I feel like Britney was finally an "artist." She became the baddest chick in the business and her style was the coolest. 

This is my point when talking about her peak, because of writing and composing 'Everytime', In The Zone is the only era comes closet to checking all the boxes. 

She doesn't have to be at her most popular for In The Zone to be her peak.

17 hours ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

her slave video still iconic. More iconic than toxic or mtam vid

Boo, i live for some of your post but please :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

Just like how Toxic "salvaged" the ITZ era, so did the 2001 VMAs basically made Slave 4 U much bigger otherwise it would have just been a hit of "its time" :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

The S4U video and music does not come nowhere near close to Toxic :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

The song was sooo good that radios decided to lift the radio ban against Britney :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

The S4U single and MV are obviously iconic but compared to the acclaim, awards, recognition, views, streams, trends and etc of Toxic, it belows S4U out of the water :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

• Love 1

britney's peak was the britney era - and i've said this before; if we have to single it out to a specific moment, this would be the absolute peak of her career.

giphy.gif

yes, we had AMAZING moments before and after, but even if by a tiny bit, this was her absolute peak, that brief moment when she turns around with the snake on her shoulders. that was it.

and that's written in the stars somewhere.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Boo, i live for some of your post but please :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

Just like how Toxic "salvaged" the ITZ era, so did the 2001 VMAs basically made Slave 4 U much bigger otherwise it would have just been a hit of "its time" :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

The S4U video and music does not come nowhere near close to Toxic :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

The song was sooo good that radios decided to lift the radio ban against Britney :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

The S4U single and MV are obviously iconic but compared to the acclaim, awards, recognition, views, streams, trends and etc of Toxic, it belows S4U out of the water :spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

Aww ty 💕💕💕

but that’s my point when u think of is4u u think vma+vid. And to me yes this makes absolutely no sense at all lol n it’s kinda not the same as comparing only vid to vid but that’s how iconic that era was to me. 

( I wrote it on a diff post )

I think is4u vma+vid > toxic vid. Bc when ppl think is4u they think snake iconic which leads to the video. n the toxic vid only gives us the iconic scene of the crystals that’s it to me ...which now jlo stays wearing on her tours lol.. As great as the song toxic is it didn’t give us any recognizable iconic choreography that dancers are still doing today. Is4u did that. Bc of the vid/vma performance routine. 

still sticking to my point lol which again makes no sense kinda but the topic was overall era. All opinions are subjective but idk I just feel that is4u was more iconic than toxic purely from the legs of the amazing vma performance. Bc toxic had no big type performance. N yes we’re comparing vids. yes toxic has it accolades but to me It’s not the beast the is4u overall was Atleast to me...N by beast I mean everything. a better argument/debate would which is the better song imo. 

but this older thread I found was better conversation of this new thread n actually created by you 

so kudos. But I’m sticking to my guns!!!

gun GIF
kaley cuoco im a slave 4 u GIF by Mashable

Iconic! 😝

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

I think is4u vma+vid > toxic vid. Bc when ppl think is4u they think snake iconic which leads to the video. n the toxic vid only gives us the iconic scene of the crystals that’s it to me ...which now jlo stays wearing on her tours lol.. As great as the song toxic is it didn’t give us any recognizable iconic choreography that dancers are still doing today. Is4u did that. Bc of the vid/vma performance routine

Ummm...chile...we just arent going to forget that simply iconic aeroplane hostess dress? the spy leather clothing? doing red hair before Rihanna popularized it? The Toxic MV is peak 2000s MTV/TRL. I know its your opinion, but its for sure a fact that when talk about Toxic, people instantly remember the scandalous MV, whereas when you talk of S4U it is the banana snake performance that first comes in mind, THEN the music video like you said. However if you ask me, if someone needs the VMA performance of S4U in order to THEN remember the music video, its kinda tragic. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Ummm...chile...we just arent going to forget that simply iconic aeroplane hostess dress? the spy leather clothing? doing red hair before Rihanna popularized it? The Toxic MV is peak 2000s MTV/TRL. I know its your opinion, but its for sure a fact that when talk about Toxic, people instantly remember the scandalous MV, whereas when you talk of S4U it is the banana snake performance that first comes in mind, THEN the music video like you said. However if you ask me, if someone needs the VMA performance of S4U in order to THEN remember the music video, its kinda tragic. 

To me it’s like how music video make a song more popular vs the song alone... which is better example I forgot the mention.

idk I just feel more entertained by watching s4u vs toxic. Besides the crystal look it’s doesn’t compare to me as slave did.  Bc we got choreography n toxic we didn’t. We got a snake n sweaty bodies  club orgggggiezzz and iconic vma performance which was rated number 1 vma performance untill Beyoncé 2016 lemonade showcase. 

it was her s e x u a l  awakening. 

I think overall s4u era was bigger as her itz era If she didn’t bust her knee n things turned off differently Mayb I’d be swayed but I’m not! 😭

rihanna wink GIF by AnimatedText

Anyho im currently watching the circus tour on YouTube the feeels 🤗🤗

I live for these outfits ! 

• Love 1

15 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I think in terms of sales, that would be ...Baby

Then in terms of overall success and popularity, it was for sure Oops!

In terms of star power, the cake is taken by Britney

And finally in terms of media attention, tabloid bonanza and recognition..In The Zone would win

But regardless, all these 3 eras were beyond extremely successful :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

Wow, I never thought of it that way before! :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

The real answer is B. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

Yes n no and hear me out I see what u mean but this is where I’m coming from...When ever I think of ima slave 4 ..I automatically think (vma performance + the music video as one package ) despite it being 2 diff things obv .. but it was a truly an iconic time In Her career , toxic as good as the song was to me just doesn’t compare .. n yes I’m also cheating bc I automatically put vmas performance with slave vid... but how many celebrities over the years talk about how that was such a moment for them. Yes they talk about toxic too.. but that knee injury really killed the era for all of us...Yes my logic prob doesn’t make sense at all as there diff entities a music video and a performance but I’m talking about overall impact. Call me crazy but
As pretty as the crystals covering her body is in toxic that’s really all the video stands out to me... there’s no iconic choreography 😞

in slave she gave us party orrgiyyy. She gave us choreography. She gave us sweaty bodies she is everything and more....she finally shed her girl next door image.

N This is with a radio ban. imagine how bigger slave would of been with the proper radio play ..We even have a signature dance move from slave and how big is that now in selling songs with signature dance moves to appeal on tik tok. 

Toxic is just a really great song prob her best song but I’m talking about Britney’s overall peak. 

Let me start saying that even tho Toxic is a great song, Im not even crazy about it bc its so overplayed I cant even enjoy that much anymore. Anyway Im only talking about the videos impact, not the eras, not the performances and I talked from what Ive seen from gp and casual fans. I also didnt want to discuss what which video gave us or why one is better than the other bc in the end this is also a matter of opinion. And I didnt mention the songs' chart peaks bc I know about her 'Britney' songs being boycotted on radios bc of Pepsi sponsering her tour.

I only talked about their long lasting impact on pop culture and people's minds after all these years. Ive been in parties where Slave is played and many gay men dont even bother to dance, but Toxic is sang everytime at karaokes. I dont see people and celebs dressing and mentioning her looks on the Slave video, but Ive seen people and gp dressing as the flight attendant a lot. Its still remembered a lot even 17 years later. Slave's video was overshadowed by the performance, even more in the following years. The video has 137m views, while toxic has 492m. There are 10 other Britneys videos that have more views than Slave. Besides the performance, sadly I dont see Slave as a song or video being that talked about by casual fans or gp. Toxic has 501m streams on Spotify, Slave has 91. 

and I remember Slave being really talked about when it was out bc Britney was 19 and the video was really ***ual, there were stories about her mom and bf not liking the video, smt Britney had to talk about it. That was a shocker to many people, but Toxic had straight guys talking about and loving it, it was only played after 10pm or smt on some networks, the video made such a big impact right after it was out and it still has to this day, with many people saying its by far her best video ever. 

10 minutes ago, Bundy said:

I only talked about their long lasting impact on pop culture and people's minds after all these years. Ive been in parties where Slave is played and many gay men dont even bother to dance, but Toxic is sang everytime at karaokes. I dont see people and celebs dressing and mentioning her looks on the Slave video, but Ive seen people and gp dressing as the flight attendant a lot. Its still remembered a lot even 17 years later. Slave's video was overshadowed by the performance, even more in the following years. The video has 137m views, while toxic has 492m. There are 10 other Britneys videos that have more views than Slave. Besides the performance, sadly I dont see Slave as a song or video being that talked about by casual fans or gp. Toxic has 501m streams on Spotify, Slave has 91. 

and I remember Slave being really talked about when it was out bc Britney was 19 and the video was really ***ual, there were stories about her mom and bf not liking the video, smt Britney had to talk about it. That was a shocker to many people, but Toxic had straight guys talking about and loving it, it was only played after 10pm or smt on some networks, the video made such a big impact right after it was out and it still has to this day, with many people saying its by far her best video ever. 

OMG YES THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS IS IT :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

I sent u points for this masterPIECE of a post and these two paragraphs alone close the case on which is more iconic :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: 

Theres your answer @Soysaucechicken08 :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

rated number 1 vma performance untill Beyoncé 2016 lemonade showcase.

Bey's at it again. There was no moment in her performance that could come close to the level of iconic-"ness" banana (the burmese python) gave but look at MTV and other sources claiming it as the "best" VMA performance :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

32 minutes ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

Anyho im currently watching the circus tour on YouTube the feeels 🤗🤗

I live for these outfits ! 

We been knew her best tour since Onyx :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

OMG YES THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS. THIS IS IT :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

I sent u points for this masterPIECE of a post and these two paragraphs alone close the case on which is more iconic :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: 

I had my answer bc I’m a sag like brinny n nicki have my own opinion 

“will not b forced in submission“ Karen from rho Potomac lololol 

if you kno u kno 

but it’s all luv girliessss 🥺<333

britney spears GIF by iHeartRadio

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Thanks! And thanks for the points too, even tho I dont know what to do with these :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

16 hours ago, Easy There said:

Britney era. She was already on a decline on every aspect (except music wise) in 2003

I kind of agree. Late Britney era, almost ITZ. Not a decline in the sense that she was not successful or still an amazing performer, but she constantly said she wanted a break, she wanted to disappear for a while and they would not let her. Actually, ever since 2002 things started to unravel in a strange way for her, like all the hate she got in México for her signal to the paparazzis and the cancellation of her oncert. Also, people started to say ITZ was not as big as her previous records. I mean, the normal cycle of hate a celebrity that huge gets. The thing is that, for her, things did not get better, but worse. In 2003 she got married in Vegas and suddenly, the attention switched completely to her personal life. Then she met Federline and just the perception was different. Then there was her knee getting injured, people saying it was an excuse to cancel concerts in Europe because "she was not selling tickets", blah, blah, blah. Slowly, but surely, the media was increasingly portraying her as a "mess."

So, maybe it wasn`t a real decline, but you could tell she was not the media darling anymore. Something she could have overcome without issues, if only she knew how to stop the leeches.

I think she was approaching a very interesting stage towards 2005 with Original Doll, Someday and so on. I think her voice, her musical curiosity and skills were just getting better and better. You can hear her eloquence in interviews, her clarity and insight about herself and her career. It was cool. That was a moment in which, probably, she could have transitioned from mega watt pop star to respected musical artist, but then the record label, Rudolph et.al dragged her and made her work in things she probably was not passionate about and I guess she had no idea how to say NO.

In a random comment also, why do people love the Slave VMA performance more than the Oops one? I think the Oops one was way more electrifying, shocking and amazing. Yes the snake was a serve, but I think the 2000 one was just wow. Am I alone in this?

15 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

You cant buy a hollywood walk of fame. That way, Taylor, Xtina and Beyonce should have had their own stars by now :gum_britney_chewing_chomping_2006_2007_Red:

Xtina has one since 2010 :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxXX6OpBnbfWVMziqzMuK

19 minutes ago, Bigno said:

In a random comment also, why do people love the Slave VMA performance more than the Oops one? I think the Oops one was way more electrifying, shocking and amazing. Yes the snake was a serve, but I think the 2000 one was just wow. Am I alone in this?

I feel the same way. I remember when everyone were talking about the oops performance. There was such a fuss regarding her "see thru" outfit, being too ****, the playback - even tho the latter even critics defended saying there was no way she could sing dancing like this. 

I feel like ever since the Slave and the kiss performance, the oops one ended up being kinda "forgetten" by media and gp. She shocked more people with the snake and the kiss, the striptease wasnt so much of a shocker anymore. 

What I love about the oops one is Britney didnt need anything else but herself. The stage production is minimal, there are like 8 dancers, there are no props like the Slave one. Theres even a moment she even shines dancing herself alone. It couldnt get better than that, and the intro with Satisfaction is so good. Perfection, its one of her best performances ever. Britney really outdid herself. Its also my fave vma performance of hers, but I think many people prefer the Slave one bc its even more iconic.