Britney's peak is In The Zone. Period.

zxcvb

14 minutes ago, ElenaB said:

Her peak goes from 99 to 04 imo. I can’t decide which year/era was better or more successful. ITZney was great but she got a lot of hate from the media and the album sales weren’t as big as Oops or Baby. And i think her star power was at its highest during Britney era. So why do we have to choose? Our girl ruled the business for 6 years straight!

Agreed!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

I love the itz album but that era no. 

yes she reigned pop queen 99-04 yes.

buttttttt

her absolutely peak peak was 

Britney era 

-the snake the vmas iconic till this day. 
-Her own movie.
- her slave video still iconic. More iconic than toxic or mtam vid.

- Her ww Pepsi commercial. Her aggressive album promo despite her radio ban. 
- her and Justin’s demin outfit. Iconic in fashion/pop culture and Britney’s not a fashion girl..even now 20 years later (the anniversary was the other day )

- Britney’s total request live centered episode 
- she hosted the amas with ll cool j.

- she was in Austin powers 3

- she performed with Michael Jackson (pop royalty)

- her first cable live televised show on hbo.
- Her dream within a dream tour.. 

And I’m prob missing more facts ..in the britney era she was literally everywhere ww full force like mj status.

i love itz and it could of been realllly great with the hype of the kiss and the success of toxic ..and but it was cut very very short due to her knee injury on outrageous and the Britney machine was getting over it obv and it was the first time we didn’t get a vma performance based on an album single of that era ( supposedly there was a cleopatra themed idea for vma04 but that’s hearsay ) and then she got married so in all it just doesn’t live Upto the Britney era. 

britney spears GIF

This is also what i think, amen. Britney era was her peak:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

I mean I get why you think ITZ is her peak, I also think she looked her best and was definitely growing into her own and into a fierce woman, but her peak really was Britney.

She already stopped singing live during ITZ and was criticized for lypsinching too much. During Britney she still sang live very often :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: Although ITZ choreos were ***ual and extremely pleasing to watch, her dance routines during Britney remain unmatched. She performed very demanding and complicated dance moves effortlessly, something ITZney sacrificed for ***ual moves (which I do adore). But yeah, Britney was definitely her peak, although ITZ is a very close second :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

• Love 6

I think in terms of sales, that would be ...Baby

Then in terms of overall success and popularity, it was for sure Oops!

In terms of star power, the cake is taken by Britney

And finally in terms of media attention, tabloid bonanza and recognition..In The Zone would win

But regardless, all these 3 eras were beyond extremely successful :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

• Love 1
  • Like 5
5 hours ago, ElenaB said:

ITZney was great but she got a lot of hate from the media and the album sales weren’t as big as Oops or Baby.

I mean who was selling 30.6 million copies in 2004? I'm not saying the 2003 market was weak (because it wasnt), but In The Zone sales were monumental and one of the highest for that year, and is the second best-selling female album from 2003  :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
9 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I mean who was selling 30.6 million copies in 2004? I'm not saying the 2003 market was weak (because it wasnt), but In The Zone sales were monumental and one of the highest for that year, and is the third best-selling female album from 2003  :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

Who were the first two? I cant even imagine someone outselling Britney in her prime tbh :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

• Love 2
  • Super Mods
Just now, Blackout2006 said:

Sorry i meant second highest-selling. album of 2004 #1 was "Feels Like Home" by Norah Jones :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Who the f even is Norah Jones :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: I swear to God fucjing Americans and their basic boring taste in music never fail to disappoint

• Haha 3
20 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I mean who was selling 30.6 million copies in 2004? I'm not saying the 2003 market was weak (because it wasnt), but In The Zone sales were monumental and one of the highest for that year, and is the second best-selling female album from 2003  :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

second best is not good enough for peakney :bwink_britney_pepsi_wink_black_and_white_bw_flirt: but i agree the era was very successful, that’s why i can’t decide which was the strongest between 99 to 04

• Love 1