This Day in Pop: Britney Spears kicks off her Vegas residency 'Britney: Piece of Me' in 2013 (December 27)

I loved POM, got to see it in December 2015 and twice on tour in 2018, no matter what people may say it was a great show! :)

Her dancing was the best it had been in YEARS!

I remember the happiness of opening night when we found out Break The Ice was being performed and Gimme More!

• Love 3

I was waiting for a thread to celebrate POM! Happy 7th Birthday to Britney: Piece Of Me!!!! :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

Say what you will about this show but it was an overall great show! I saw it 4 times, once a year for each year she was there, and yes I did see her improve each year. This show really helped her get her performance confidence back for good! Also I think Vegas was really good for her personally to still be able to perform without the touring aspect. I wouldn’t mind if she did Vegas in the future. 

I also love how Britney really set a new trend by making Vegas a more current, cool place for artists to do residences. After her, literally everyone went there to do one. Mariah Carey, Paula Abdul, Janet Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, Backstreet Boys, etc. 

BTW, this is flawless, literally shows the ENTIRE POM setlist:

• Love 5

I wasnt crazy about her doing Vegas at first but there is no denying her improvement in overall dancing (minus the fixing her hair tics and awful wigs). It gave us the iconic "Isnt this theater beautiful?". Also, the incredible shrinking rug at the meet and greets.

I saw her in Atlantic City in July 2018 and I enjoyed every minute of the show because I hadnt seen her since the OHT in 2004.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Slayer said:

I loved POM, got to see it in December 2015 and twice on tour in 2018, no matter what people may say it was a great show! :)

Her dancing was the best it had been in YEARS!

I remember the happiness of opening night when we found out Break The Ice was being performed and Gimme More!

Completely agree. When people complain about it ans say FF or circus had better performing, I’m always shocked. Production may have been great in tours like Circus, but POMney was the best & most energetic we’ve seen her in years. 

totally remember opening night and being like zomg, I can’t believe she’s actually performing the full WB video choreo!! 

• Love 2
  • Super Mods

Wow I cant believe its been that long since the POM residency!

I actually went to it in Feb of 2014 and it was probably one of the BEST experiences of my life!
It was SO surreal and crazy seeing my childhood idol in person in concert!

I loved it so much, I went back on my 23rd bday in 2016

Whether or not the residency was supporting her or or her team, you gotta admit that POM was a great idea especially financially

• Love 3

I remember the hype for her Vegas residency. I miss her being on stage.

Even if the show was pretty disappointing for the most part. The POM 2.0 was defiantly better especially in 2016 but the wigs were atrocious, the dancing was atrocious. The fact we were promised some live vocals and we literally got her CD versions from the 90s. I mean come on it’s Britney Spears and it’s her Vegas Residency!!!