This Day in Pop: Britney Spears kicks off her Vegas residency 'Britney: Piece of Me' in 2013 (December 27)

6 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I remember the hype for her Vegas residency. I miss her being on stage.

Even if the show was pretty disappointing for the most part. The POM 2.0 was defiantly better especially in 2016 but the wigs were atrocious, the dancing was atrocious. The fact we were promised some live vocals and we literally got her CD versions from the 90s. I mean come on it’s Britney Spears and it’s her Vegas Residency!!!

I loved the show! Just saying

• 11 months later...

Before all the disastrous money saving cuts this show was decent. There's a few videos on YouTube filmed from further back in the theatre, and when you see the full stage set-up with the lights and projections, and how it was initially intended, it's actually really good. 

However, by the time it reached Europe she might as well have been performing on cardboard boxes.  

5 hours ago, femmefataledoll said:

those wigs disappeared fast :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

not fast enough though, they were still throughout most of 2014 :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

4 hours ago, rennen2.0 said:

Before all the disastrous money saving cuts this show was decent. There's a few videos on YouTube filmed from further back in the theatre, and when you see the full stage set-up with the lights and projections, and how it was initially intended, it's actually really good. 

However, by the time it reached Europe she might as well have been performing on cardboard boxes.  

everything started to get cut when Jennifer Lopez started her residency in the same venue. They removed the WB cage, the rain, but yeah the outfits budget got decreased too.

The thing is, the show was not intended to be on the road. Many of the elements were built for the particular stage of Las Vegas, so even if there was no conservatorship, I don't think anyone would've done the huge expense of not only the transportation of all the props, but having to adapt the stage elements to every venue they visited. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know: They would've had to make the investment and planning as they did other tours, but if that was the case they might as well produce an entire new show altogether, but the purpose was to just take advantage of what they already had with little to no investment, in terms of money and rehearsals time.