Boycott the Britney Spears brand

senammoises

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Whatever makes you guys feel better about illegally streaming I guess :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

BTW, I respect those who actually boycott (those who do not listen at all to the new music), in my view if you still listen you're not boycotting properly.

Also I don't get why you'd listen to something you claim Britney has no knowledge of and doesn't support? That doesn't fit with your 'morality' arguments. It doesn't make sense to still listen if you claim Britney doesn't support it :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao: 

But you guys continue :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

But I'm not listening it :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:. I just checked how the song sounds :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud::shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

47 minutes ago, Slayer said:

If you've listened to any of the 'new' songs you are not boycotting the brand, that illegal download originates form a stream/payment.

It's just hypocritical :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

If you were truly boycotting the brand you would not have listened to any of the new music.

I'm going to continue streaming legally :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Pretty dumb to boycott when Britney's CHOICE of conservator is now involved who is overseeing the finances, so they'd assure NOTHING shady goes on. Also let's remember she'll barely get anything from streaming, artists get money from touring. Just remember also Britney also needs to pay for her lawyers.

Don't bother saying you're 'boycotting' if you're listening illegally or continue to bash people for legally streaming and supporting Britney's music because you're just a hypocrite quite frankly.

You do you boo, but don't come for people who see things differently from you. 

Britney wanted Bessemer as SOLE conservator of her estate. Did she get her request? No. Are you forgetting Jamie approached Bessemer without the knowledge of Britney and Sam Ingham, and before Bessemer were even appointed as co-conservator? I'm not claiming Bessemer will have any shady dealings with her estate, far from it, but Jamie's intentions are not sincere and that is something we can hopefully all agree on. 

To claim it's "pretty dumb" of people to continue their refusal to support the re-release because Bessemer are now involved is not a comment I agree with at all.  It's actually a pretty stupid comment to make, to be fair. Britney's wishes regarding her conservatorship are not being respected. That is a fact. There is still one main player involved, one who she is scared off, and because of the fact I will not support anything released during this horrible time in her life. 

With regards to money, I don't believe many people believe this will bring in a lot of money for any of the parties involved.... certainly not Britney who is on an allowance, and has to ask what funds are available to see if she can plan trips to Hawaii! 

For many, I feel, it's the principle of the matter. 

It's a grey area, I admit, but to be honest I think I've been fairly respectful to those who are supporting it, but at the same time there's some comments that I cannot let slide without responding to. 

Lastly, I've not heard either song in full - only the snippets posted on Instagram and from what I've heard, they're both ***** and tarnish Glory, which in my opinion was a pretty flawless album. 

19 minutes ago, senammoises said:

But I'm not listening it :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:. I just checked how the song sounds :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud::shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

Meaning you've listened to it, if you were TRULY boycotting you would not have listened. How is it morally okay to listen to something you claim Britney did not want out or did not give permission to be released? :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

isn’t she obligated to release this cuz of her contract with RCA?:idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous: i don’t think she’s held captive at gun point being forced to release music it’s just a part of her deal 

also i’m kinda confused on why the boycott would give jamie money , doesn’t britney get a higher % ? sorry i’m kinda clueless on the financial part of the c ship:jackk_alien:

20 minutes ago, MM0219 said:

You do you boo, but don't come for people who see things differently from you. 

Britney wanted Bessemer as SOLE conservator of her estate. Did she get her request? No. Are you forgetting Jamie approached Bessemer without the knowledge of Britney and Sam Ingham, and before Bessemer were even appointed as co-conservator? I'm not claiming Bessemer will have any shady dealings with her estate, far from it, but Jamie's intentions are not sincere and that is something we can hopefully all agree on. 

To claim it's "pretty dumb" of people to continue their refusal to support the re-release because Bessemer are now involved is not a comment I agree with at all.  It's actually a pretty stupid comment to make, to be fair. Britney's wishes regarding her conservatorship are not being respected. That is a fact. There is still one main player involved, one who she is scared off, and because of the fact I will not support anything released during this horrible time in her life. 

With regards to money, I don't believe many people believe this will bring in a lot of money for any of the parties involved.... certainly not Britney who is on an allowance, and has to ask what funds are available to see if she can plan trips to Hawaii! 

For many, I feel, it's the principle of the matter. 

It's a grey area, I admit, but to be honest I think I've been fairly respectful to those who are supporting it, but at the same time there's some comments that I cannot let slide without responding to. 

Lastly, I've not heard either song in full - only the snippets posted on Instagram and from what I've heard, they're both ***** and tarnish Glory, which in my opinion was a pretty flawless album. 

Thank you for your respectful response.

I also applaud you for not listening to either song in full and only the snippets.

We'll agree to disagree on this :) 

2 hours ago, andreafly1 said:

Nobody is forcing her to work at the moment and she's indeed inactive, all this "boycotting her brand" situation is getting out of control and some fans need to chill.

One thing is advocating for her rights and supporting her cause, which is great, but refusing to buy or stream her music makes zero sense to me. :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:

Im all for keeping brands active etc etc and of course Britneys brand has suffered dramatically in the last few years.. however, Britneys direct refusal to continue to line the pockets of the MEN (and some questionable females who are now out of the equation) has led to some fans not wanting to give over their money, while Britney fights her case. Its really that simple. 

95% of Britneys conservatorship comes down to the money. So i dont understand how some of yall can be against a boycott.. if some fans want to do that, why are they so wrong to do so? If it all comes down to the money, why is a boycott a wrong thing to do?? 

2 hours ago, Britneys*****8669 said:

all this boycotting Trash, that's just like saying Boycott Walmart coz you don't like the CEO but don't give a **** about the people that rely on that monthly pay packet. I'm not one for conspiracy theories, however interesting they are, but Britney still needs to pay for things, kids to pay for n s**t. what sense would boycotting Britney make. so we stop buying her stuff, she stops getting new money...if her funds really are being abused then that just means they're gunna run out quicker? Maybe YA'LL need to boycott the internet and go get yourself a basic education.

Is anyone willing to have an open conversation about this? I am one of the ones who haven't listened to the songs. I also think we have to make our own decision on it.

For me personally it isnt about the money its about respecting her wishes but I know for some people it is.

I know one of the main arguments is that she needs the money to keep fighting but then I see people saying its not really feeding team con because stream hardly makes them any money?  Which is is?

This is not an attack at this poster just thought it was an opportunity to address this because it something that has confused me lol

2 hours ago, Slayer said:

BTW, I respect those who actually boycott (those who do not listen at all to the new music), in my view if you still listen you're not boycotting properly.

Technically, if you click on the audio on YouTube and pause it, it doesn't count as a stream. If I'm not mistaken, you have to watch at least 30 seconds of a video for it to count as a stream. Then, you can just proceed to rip it via a YouTube to MP3 converter.

ezgif-2-e702ee3872ed.gif

this isnt her WORKING or being FORCED to do anything. All signs point to her being involved in this re-release. Shes always LOVED glory and i think she genuinely loves that the fans are still supporting the album so many years later. Also, the label re-releasing an album is far from her team cashing in. The amount of money Britney even makes off of album sales is miniscule. Any artist will tell you they make their money touring, performing, selling merchandise, etc. This isn't her team scrambling for money this is just a nice gift for fans to have.

Archived