Would you rather Britney just announced her retirement?

jonloch1

I obviously don’t want her to retire because I love her as an artist, and it would be so weird and sad to me to think I’ll never live another Britney era as a stan.

But at the same time after everything that has happened it would be understandable if she wanted to retire. I mean fame and money kind of messed up her life in many ways. 

And ofc I will support her decision whatever it is. At the end I only want her to be free and happy as she deserves:crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think she'll just quit music, in fact, I could see her doing the opposite and jumping right into a new project once her father is removed, just to prove she never needed him to be successful, and really prove herself as the icon she's always been but that being said, I do see her taking a stepback after that, I mean she's had to pay too big a price for everything and will want to heal.

Yes, but partly because the hype for B10 is too much. It'll be her tenth album and I know her record label would want her to release crap instead of music that she wants to make. I hope her label will let her have complete control from now on but I doubt that considering that they released a couple unreleased tracks to make profit. I like the direction she went with Man On The Moon, but her label wouldn't be on board with an album like that so it's probably best that she calls it quit

She’s only just turned 39, why should she announce her retirement. Right now, she doesn’t want to work and she’s got her reasons for that, it doesn’t mean she won’t ever again. Everything has its time. Right now she needs to take care of something’s and find the happiness and freedom she craves. 

There were too many hints from her that suggest she is just tired being the Britney Spears.

I think she just wants to live her life at this point, maybe having another kid and regain what she never had the chance to live without any pressure. I would fully understand and I want her to be happy. 

She may want to release a song once in a while, but honestly I don't see any big project coming, expecially when it comes to touring.

I don’t know why some fans said she lost in court last session.. IT IS FALSE for **** sake.

She wanted Bessemer to be the Conservator so she got it! The whole suspension thing was an Ingham attempt to see if that would stick to the Judge until the removal is ready.

stop saying she lost because actually she didn’t . It would be a loss if she wasn’t getting Bessemer even as co conservator 

**** yeah just do it. If shes gonna be lazy and not perform and just do it for the income than yes. Really it's almost like shes an apple product. People love it because of the high reputation but once it starts sucking you move on over to Microsoft. Britney doesnt have any excuse. I was thinking about this the other day when people argue shes forced to perform shes forced to do this and that. I get its wrong but my opinion is she still had fans paying to be there and she knows that and some people are only ever going to get that chance once maybe so to just go out and not give a **** is wrong. Idk I love old Britney but new Britney is not my cup of tea. 

1 hour ago, CarelessDiva said:

**** yeah just do it. If shes gonna be lazy and not perform and just do it for the income than yes. Really it's almost like shes an apple product. People love it because of the high reputation but once it starts sucking you move on over to Microsoft. Britney doesnt have any excuse. I was thinking about this the other day when people argue shes forced to perform shes forced to do this and that. I get its wrong but my opinion is she still had fans paying to be there and she knows that and some people are only ever going to get that chance once maybe so to just go out and not give a **** is wrong. Idk I love old Britney but new Britney is not my cup of tea. 

Why am I unable to downvote this?

If she wants to be successful as a pop artist again, yes. It worked for Jay Z. He announced his retirement then came back and was successful, then he announced it again and he came back and was successful. I think he was releasing albums as his "last" those times. 

But if she doesn't want to perform then leave it. Live your life, be healthy and soul search, be happy and sell perfumes.

No, she should not retire and I HIGHLY doubt she wants to.  She wouldn't be recording her dance videos at home if she did.  

She loves performing, she's done it ever since she was a little girl. She just wants to do it on her OWN terms.

Honestly, at this point in her life she's already achieved icon status, so she doesn't need sales or views or any of that anymore.  And thanks to streaming services, it's super easy for anyone to upload music to Spotify, Apple Music, etc. and music videos to YouTube. She doesn't need her label anymore. I honestly feel she just needs to go independent or start her own label. Let her have her own creative control and freedom, let her assemble a team of people she actually feels comfortable with to manage the business and marketing sides, and producers and choreographers she actually enjoys or wants to work with.  I don't think she even wants that spotlight anymore after everything she's been through, and instead rather just focus on the art and blessing her fans.

I’ve always wondered, why is retirement even on the table already? Presuming Britney overcomes her legal struggles and is in a good place, would she really not want to work altogether? :ehidk_britney_um_eek: 

Personally, I’d love for Britney to go for the EGOT. :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving: But lets say music is off the table, there are plenty of other realms she could dive into. Perhaps she could try film again, or Broadway.:orly_oh_britney_surprised_wow_excited: Even if she’s done performing completely, she could finally direct or be a producer. Britney is capable of acquiring new skills, music doesn’t have to be her only work. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

8 hours ago, Slayer said:

Honestly who cares? We just want her free right now.

She's probably not decided what she wants to do, she'll have better perspective when she's free.

She's made it clear she's on a hiatus, so I don't expect nor need a 'retirement' announcement, she's clearly going through a major transitional period in her life. Let's get her free and then she can decide what she wants and not make any rash decisions about 'retiring'.

She's on hiatus, I've accepted that so that's good enough for me - I personally do not see the need for an announcement of a 'retirement' when everything about her life is currently up in the air for her.

I'll support her whether she wants to retire one day or not, along as she's doing what she wants and is happy. Her career is the least important thing to her right now - as it should be.

Moira Rose Thank You GIF by Schitt's Creek

14 hours ago, Arianna said:

I think my heart would selfishly shatter but I don’t want her working if her heart isn’t in it so whatever will make her happy will make me happy.

Dont get me wrong it would break my heart too but at least we'd know exactly what is happening and what she wants and it would be closure for her fans. i just hate the whole indefinite hiatus that we dont know when/if itll ever end  

I think it's hard for her to stop making music forever because what she does! 

I think she should stop performing/touring and all that stuff and become a studio artist like The Beatles did in 1966. With that, they busted their criativity and relased their masterpieces like White Album and Sgt Peppers. 

The pressure of always being on top, and skinny and performing and so on is not for her anymore. 

But I only wish the best for her.

Archived