Would you rather Britney just announced her retirement?

jonloch1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who cares about b10? New music or an album or tour? We’re in a pandemic and Britney’s freedom is the most important! People need to stop already with new music ect! She’s not done yet and who would expect her to work under her current conditions! She made it clear we would see her perform again when Larry said we wouldn’t! Britney also said she won’t work if her father’s in control of her career! Brit worked almost her whole life layoff on the music albums and tours!

On 12/8/2020 at 12:44 PM, Danielle1987 said:

I really think Britney misses making art and performing, she just wants to do it on HER terms, WHEN she is ready. 

This. I never got the feeling that she actually wanted to retire, she’s just tired of being pushed and shoved into doing things other people want her to do (and making them money of course). I don’t think she wants to be a huge pop star anymore, sure, and clearly she doesn’t like doing a lot of promo (interviews and all of that) but I don’t think she wants to fully retire, just slow down. I believe she loves to dance, record music and sometimes film videos (when she can be creative and have fun with them). 

But who knows. She could always retire and then change her mind later, you know? But I’m OK with not knowing right now because my main focus is on her freedom and wellbeing. 

i think its a little foolish for us as fans to take this “retirement” thing seriously.... britney is SO young. even if she wanted to “retire” and was open about it...... she could wakeup at 53 years old and decide that she wants to make an album again. a hiatus is exactly what she is doing and there is really no mystery behind that. it’s an indefinite hiatus. It’s basically like saying- i don’t want to work right now so please don’t expect me to even give much thought into when i’ll be back. we have our answers. 

being a britney stan since 1998, i know that she will absolutely make music and perform again. i think it will take a lot if solid time away to feel the urge again, but im not expecting primeney levels of care and output. if i were to guess, she’ll do a couple more albums and shows in her 40s and 50s and it will all be very minimal and casual. i think she will use it as an opportunity to have fun like a little side project when she gets bored. i’m not expecting some autobiographical, complex album concept either- the fun and freedom that she will be able to have as an older artist WILL be the exact freedom and power she’s always wanted. knowing her she’ll make albums about cute boys forever 😂😂 and that’s ok! it’s our britney- who we love no matter what. 

On 12/8/2020 at 8:13 PM, Slayer said:

Honestly who cares? We just want her free right now.

She's probably not decided what she wants to do, she'll have better perspective when she's free.

She's made it clear she's on a hiatus, so I don't expect nor need a 'retirement' announcement, she's clearly going through a major transitional period in her life. Let's get her free and then she can decide what she wants and not make any rash decisions about 'retiring'.

She's on hiatus, I've accepted that so that's good enough for me - I personally do not see the need for an announcement of a 'retirement' when everything about her life is currently up in the air for her.

I'll support her whether she wants to retire one day or not, along as she's doing what she wants and is happy. Her career is the least important thing to her right now - as it should be.

Completely agree.. with her father in control the way he is it was inedible that she would finally put her foot down and we as fans can do nothing but support and respect her decisions..she deserves time to sort out the more legal personal issues right now..then we can look forward to the future when the time comes..she blessed us with lots of material whilst we wait :bedtime_britney_book_Reading::thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

Archived