Britney's raw vocals on "Swimming In The Stars!"

13 minutes ago, IoI said:

As simple as using a background vocalist's take for what you call the third part. We've heard her belt or sing with deeper voice before, that's not the problem, it just doesn't sound like her.

Maybe her take for this part wasn't considered good or commercial enough, this song is a reject so it wasn't finalized.

Third part is  clearly britney. It's the second part in the final track that's the issue, thats where they upped the backing vocals instead of her lead.

The pronunciation, drawl and vibrato towards the end of the note are characteristics of her voice that are never imitated correctly.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

I doubt it. I'm not sure what the terminology is here but she's singing in falsetto and then just switches to a deeper voice (chest voice?). Also, we don't really know what her voice is capable of because we don't really know it due to the lack of live singing, so it's very likely that we're not giving her enough credit for her vocal techniques. 

She doesn't even really need to be able to hit these notes consistently (not that im saying she cant) she records each line repeatedly, varying between her range, her falsetto, belts etc and they just take the best recordings and splice it all together.

im firmly in the camp that this is britney, we dont hear britney belt often so the beginning of drown is abit jarring but she finishes the word in a very classic britney way 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Love 4
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, D_Britfan said:

She doesn't even really need to be able to hit these notes consistently (not that im saying she cant) she records each line repeatedly, varying between her range, her falsetto, belts etc and they just take the best recordings and splice it all together.

im firmly in the camp that this is britney, we dont hear britney belt often so the beginning of drown is abit jarring but she finishes the word in a very classic britney way 🤷🏼‍♂️

:clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer: I see what you mean and you're right!

• Love 1

It was unusual to hear she went so high in the chorus-after head first. I am still not sure also bc in the end of the song there r too many voices layered idk if it back vocals or hers. And i think if she wasn't battling her father publicly saying she refuses to work-i would better believe it is her. But she didn't even wrote about releasing the song. It is confusing also bc of BJ having too much Maya.  

• Love 1

Guys...u still think Britney’s the only singer in Tik Tok Boom especially in the final adlibs. Some takes from SITS lead are mixed with someone else’s voice. PERIODT.

Britney’s belting voice is more like Liar adlibs or Perfume. And we know that when she belts her voice sounds kinda off like in Liar.

This is someone trying to sound like her for sure. The final “swimming in the stars” line totally sounds like some vocals from Britney Jean.

• Like 1

Listen I love the song and the vocals but it’s still obviously not all Britney.:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

after listening to this vocal stem it’s clear they processed the heck out of her voice for some notes, but some still sound fairly natural. But then some of the notes that sound especially good are just not Britney. Sorry. It’s whoever the background singer is. It’s a different tone.

it’s no diss to Britney bc obviously she wasn’t involved in this release so she wasnt gonna go back in the studio and do more vocal takes so they had to sub in vocals in weak spots :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, PrettyGorl said:

Listen I love the song and the vocals but it’s still obviously not all Britney.:yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

after listening to this vocal stem it’s clear they processed the heck out of her voice for some notes, but some still sound fairly natural. But then some of the notes that sound especially good are just not Britney. Sorry. It’s whoever the background singer is. It’s a different tone.

it’s no diss to Britney bc obviously she wasn’t involved in this release so she wasnt gonna go back in the studio and do more vocal takes so they had to sub in vocals in weak spots :holduplisten_hold_up_listen_preach_telling_wisdom_wise:

:pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard: :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012: :groovin_dance_clap_alien_monster_party_costume_Halloween_spooky_scary:

11 hours ago, D_Britfan said:

Its the end of the the ‘Drown’ that you can tell its her voice!! .. the pronunciation and growl towards the end. Its signature Brit, she sounds excellent on the track! 

• Like 1