Britney's raw vocals on "Swimming In The Stars!"

I still dont' understand why the producers layer Britney's voice over and over again when her real, raw vocals are great.

Being a singer is not about having powerhouse vocals anymore. Take a look at Taylor's Folklore and the long pond studio sessions. Sure, she's not Xtina or Ariana but her voice has matured beautifully. 

The same could apply to Britney if they let her real voice be, stripped from all the production. She is a trained singer after all

• Love 1
6 hours ago, IoI said:

She sings it all but the word "drown", that sounds like a cut & paste of someone else :gunriah_mariah_carey:

Listening to this clip, it's definitely her. Maybe another take? But the producers drowned her voice out with those filters and effects... It's a hate crime TBH :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

6 hours ago, Watch Me Work It said:

Parks And Recreation Gimme GIF

I would give ANYTHING to have Paul Rudd beg me like that to give IT to him. :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

28 minutes ago, Roger said:

At 00:24 you can hear a glitch when they mix B's vocals/high note with the background vocalist 

I doubt it. I'm not sure what the terminology is here but she's singing in falsetto and then just switches to a deeper voice (chest voice?). Also, we don't really know what her voice is capable of because we don't really know it due to the lack of live singing, so it's very likely that we're not giving her enough credit for her vocal techniques. 

Why are people saying she doesnt sing the word "Drown". Its quite simple.

Britney recorded each line several times, individually. The vocal producer went back, took the best takes and edited them together, then cleaned them up as necessary.

That line were hearing is clearly three different takes. 

The first part is her singing in her normal register, singing in the middle of her range. The second part is her singing in a falsetto. The third part, which starts at "drown", is a belted take.

I understand that the backing vocals are heavy on the final track, but you can still hear this.

• Love 1
  • Like 1