Britney's raw vocals on "Swimming In The Stars!"

26 minutes ago, Musicandsoul said:

Its the end of the the ‘Drown’ that you can tell its her voice!! .. the pronunciation and growl towards the end. Its signature Brit, she sounds excellent on the track! 

Exactly! The note descends into her more comfortable range and thats where its easiest to tell!

• Love 2
15 hours ago, FiercePop said:

Drown is so Myah Marie in Britney Jean parts where there's no belts.

There is no Myah on this track! Myah over compensates when she’s trying to sound like Britney and the vocals on this track are not dramatic and over the top enough! 95% of the song is Britney her voice has just been layered and processed to death! She’s also singing this track in a different tone than we are used to. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, FiercePop said:

Guys...u still think Britney’s the only singer in Tik Tok Boom especially in the final adlibs. Some takes from SITS lead are mixed with someone else’s voice. PERIODT.

Britney’s belting voice is more like Liar adlibs or Perfume. And we know that when she belts her voice sounds kinda off like in Liar.

This is someone trying to sound like her for sure. The final “swimming in the stars” line totally sounds like some vocals from Britney Jean.

What because britney is completely incapable of varying her voice like every other singer in the world so her belts can ONLY sound like the adlibs in liar? A song that is infinitely more aggressive in tone and therefore delivery? And i cant even recall ANY strong belts in perfume where britney is really belting to compare it too? I cant 100% say its all britney tho i lean towards that it is, but your reasoning for why it isnt is tenuous at best. This is a woman who has sang in an unnatural register for most of her career, implying she cant vary her voice or hit notes she wouldnt usually try when shes safe in a studio to record lines as much as needed is a great disservice to her.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Wish I could be more supportive of her and this song but it's quite noticeable that some parts in the track are not Britneys. I wouldn't mind if they used the added vocals bits on the backing track but instead they decided to cut out Britney and replace her voice. That is the ultimate deception from an artist and truly, they've been doing this since Femme Fatale when they used a body double for some parts in TTWE. Then, they went a lil bit further replacing her voice almost completely in Britney Jean. We got Glory which is an exceptional album but now they release this overproduced demo-ish song with other singer doing Britneys parts. I can't really. Not proud of this at all. Wonder if Britney is actually ok with this song since she didn't acknowledge the release on social media. Anyhow, glad some of u are enjoying the song. Not trying to ruin it for you guys just sharing some thoughts. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

It's funny how everyone is listening "Britney Jean vocals" like suggesting this is Myah, when Myah is nowhere to be found in this track. The backup singer is Klara Elias, which has been said many times already. So if it sounds like Britney Jean to y'all, maybe you should start accepting she sings more than what you give her credit for on that album. :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

yeah just filtered vocals. The beginning sounds like Britney, but throughout it started to sound someone else mimicking her. Maybe it is Britney and they overused the melodyne or some heavy editing thing, but it's sounds weird.

I don't think it's Myah tho, I heard some tracks from the backing vocalist Klara Elias and probably it's her.

1 minute ago, Buffybot said:

yeah just filtered vocals. The beginning sounds like Britney, but throughout it started to sound someone else mimicking her. Maybe it is Britney and they overused melodyne or some heavy editing thing, but it's sounds weird.

I don't think it's Myah tho, I heard some tracks from the backing vocalist Klara Elias and probably it's her.

sorry I quote myself, I don't know what happened lol

4 hours ago, Lex993 said:

The highest note she sung was C#5 and the drown note is a Bb4. Do some of you really think she can’t hit that note?!

C#5 live? 🙄 actually 

No one sais she cant hit that note.

According to the intention and the color of voice she’s using probably that note doesn’t sounds good as it should. C#5 could be easier to hit for her in the baby voice and not with her real tone. It’s about different stuff. 

On 12/2/2020 at 1:21 PM, IoI said:

She sings it all but the word "drown", that sounds like a cut & paste of someone else :gunriah_mariah_carey:

On 12/2/2020 at 1:21 PM, GaSt said:

Mmm..  the "drown" part

Yeah, like I'm not one of those vocal deniers with her, but if anything it's still heavily edited there. I appreciate that Glory largely leaves out heavy vocal manipulation/editing all that stuff and allows her natural voice to shine. 

Either way, her voice sounds great on the song!

3 minutes ago, ZoneGirl said:

Yeah, like I'm not one of those vocal deniers with her, but if anything it's still heavily edited there. I appreciate that Glory largely leaves out heavy vocal manipulation/editing all that stuff and allows her natural voice to shine. 

Either way, her voice sounds great on the song!

Maybe that's why the song got rejected in 2016 ? They wanted more "raw" vocals and this one is very edited ? 

But I think the heavily edited vocals fits swimming in the stars and she sounds great on it ! 

• Like 1