Britney's raw vocals on "Swimming In The Stars!"

46 minutes ago, FiercePop said:

C#5 live? 🙄 actually 

No one sais she cant hit that note.

According to the intention and the color of voice she’s using probably that note doesn’t sounds good as it should. C#5 could be easier to hit for her in the baby voice and not with her real tone. It’s about different stuff. 

What?! What are you talking about. The highest note in the song is a C#5 which is mixed head-dominated note. Also it’s not even that high of a note. 

• Love 1

I still love the actual song, but THESE vocals would have sounded so much better on top of the instrumental.  I don't get why they feel the need to edit her voice, her voice is naturally versatile that they don't need the excessive editing.  

So beautiful.  I wish they included an acoustic version on the re-release instead of 3 mood ring remixes.

Sad Pauly D GIF by A Double Shot At Love With DJ Pauly D and Vinny

• Like 2

i get tired of this isn't fully britney etc. even gaga has backup singers in her songs so has ariana and more. get over that aspect it's nothing new in the industry. myah hasn't been involved since the glory project took off 98% is britney in the whole glory era. 

• Love 1
  • Like 6
19 hours ago, FiercePop said:

Guys...u still think Britney’s the only singer in Tik Tok Boom especially in the final adlibs. Some takes from SITS lead are mixed with someone else’s voice. PERIODT.

Britney’s belting voice is more like Liar adlibs or Perfume. And we know that when she belts her voice sounds kinda off like in Liar.

This is someone trying to sound like her for sure. The final “swimming in the stars” line totally sounds like some vocals from Britney Jean.

The final 'swimming in the stars' line is what really got me worried lol I was so looking forward to this song and right after finishing that line I immediately thought of BJ.

I'm so so glad this song got rejected in 2016, it would've stained such an amazing album, one which was 100% Britney's vocals.

can we stop underestimating britney's vocals please. glory had some of the strongest vocal moments of Britney's career. i agree britney jean wasn't her & that's a wii.i.am creative decision to replace her stems or fill in unrecorded portions with Myah Marie & I agree that it created a stain in her catalogue, that whole album seemed very rushed to coincide with her vegas residency & britney didn't seem very involved or bothered. but she more than redeemed herself with the effort and enthusiasm she put into glory. you can tell by the intricate vocals on the album and the way she talks about it in interviews. Also check out Matthew Koma's interviews about working with Britney in the studio. He goes into detail about being wowed by her voice in the studio during those sessions, and that included Swimming with the Stars. Every singer has backing vocalists on their songs, and this overprocessed lead vocal with duplicated pitched harmony layers is a popular effect in trance and even in pop at the moment. just listen to sam smith's new album or shawn mendes' new one or ariana grande. but let's just be clear, Britney is definitely the lead here.   <3

• Love 4

All right i get that she sang this, recorded it and her voice is used as a lead the whole song....

YET I CANT FIND HER VOICE in the final version.

I dont care if its because they leyered her voice with 7 other girls or if its autotuned, doubled, pitched, or whatever.

I just cant find the voice i fell in love with. Im not pretending to listen to her voice  sound as it did in "sometimes" but at least ala heaven on earth. I hear it in this acapella version butnNOT IN THE FINAL version of the song.

Add that britney doesnt want to work, there is no reason to listen to this wasted song.

I like the song but im a britney fan, not a fan of a girl from my neighborhood that could have recorded this because this sounds like any random girl but brit.

Sorry, next

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, BritneyLover said:

All right i get that she sang this, recorded it and her voice is used as a lead the whole song....

YET I CANT FIND HER VOICE in the final version.

I dont care if its because they leyered her voice with 7 other girls or if its autotuned, doubled, pitched, or whatever.

I just cant find the voice i fell in love with. Im not pretending to listen to her voice  sound as it did in "sometimes" but at least ala heaven on earth. I hear it in this acapella version butnNOT IN THE FINAL version of the song.

Add that britney doesnt want to work, there is no reason to listen to this wasted song.

I like the song but im a britney fan, not a fan of a girl from my neighborhood that could have recorded this because this sounds like any random girl but brit.

Sorry, next

I couldn’t agree more. I don’t understand why they ****** her vocals so often in the more recent songs. I want to hear more vocals like in Baby, Crazy, BTMYH, hell even Oops. It’s really disappointing her voice isn’t recognisable. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1