Britney has not had a #1 single in her 30s

dritney

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Duff Man said:

im from the uk and as far as radio is concerned its an absolute joke!! According to radio..britney has 2 songs ..hit me baby and toxic...meanwhile someone as basic and unoriginal like olly murs or Jesse Glynn gets play after play.. I couldn't imagine radio 1 randomly playing radar or till the world ends.. it sucks but thats what radio has become now.. only playing songs you already know and have heard a hundred times before 

100% agree it’s ridiculous. I’ve only ever heard Baby or Toxic on the radio. I never heard Pretty Girls on the radio once or Make Me. They play Pink who’s music is so generic now. I used to love her older stuff but now everything she releases gets immediately picked up on and receives play after play.

Ehhh she had her biggest hit since BOMT/Womanizer when she was 31 I think. So its ight.

She had so much potential in her. She even became radios darling in early 10s. But her team fycked it up with BJ. And it was all downhill from there.

Most unnecessary project of her career. POM could have been promoted with WB as standalone single.

1 hour ago, Easy There said:

Ehhh she had her biggest hit since BOMT/Womanizer when she was 31 I think. So its ight.

She had so much potential in her. She even became radios darling in early 10s. But her team fycked it up with BJ. And it was all downhill from there.

Most unnecessary project of her career. POM could have been promoted with WB as standalone single.

Can’t understate this enough. She was getting such wide appeal on radio and she was getting the market that ended up going to Rihanna.

X-Factor was a bad move, Britney Jean was worse, Vegas wasn’t great, and Pretty Girls was the nail in her coffin.

They needed to work with Max Martin and put out something safe.

3 hours ago, One More Time said:

Yes Hiam is forgettable and was her last #1 solo hit :cheersney_britney_flames_pink_fire:

I like the song and video but it had no impact :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

HIAM had a lot more impact than you’re giving it credit. The impact may have been isolated to the time, but it helped steer the direction of music. Dubstep was in every song. The music video is one of her best, but it was a lot to digest for a casual viewer. Definitely normalized product placement.

Some of the most iconic songs to not hit #1 but still are iconic to the artist and the media in general.

Madonna 

Material Girl #2

Express yourself #2

Frozen #2

Erotica #3

Hung up #7

Ace of Base

All that she wants #2 

Beautiful Life #15..

Spice girls 

Spice up your Life #18

Stop #16

Kylie Minogue

Love at first sight #23

I should be so lucky #28

Taylor swift

I knew you were trouble #2

You need to calm down #2

Janet jackson

. feedback #19

TLC 

Baby Baby baby #2

I can continue. But some of the most belloved songs aren't #1 hits but are Still Iconic and have legacies or actually considered signature songs. And in some cases always included in the set list of any tour. 

5 hours ago, dritney said:

Streaming too tho..

12 hours ago, One More Time said:

Album ways ? I need a hit song from Britney that people can remember 10 years later

30-40m spotify, 40-50m youtube views, radio no needed, 120- 150k singles sales could make you go number 1 easily. BTS did this with a Korean song

Archived