Britney has not had a #1 single in her 30s

dritney

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spoiler

Not happening when we have the perfect people of Team Boycott ready to pounce on anybody who supports her music.

Are we talking about the US Billboard Hot 100? If so, then I agree. But if we're just talking about numbers, she's had a few #1s like Work ***** and Make Me hitting #1 on the US iTunes charts. I know for a fact people think hitting #1 on that chart is a big deal. I even got attacked for saying that chart is irrelevant cause it's just a store. :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

Mood Ring also hit #1 on the iTunes "Pop" charts.

12 minutes ago, Roxxy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Not happening when we have the perfect people of Team Boycott ready to pounce on anybody who supports her music.

Are we talking about the US Billboard Hot 100? If so, then I agree. But if we're just talking about numbers, she's had a few #1s like Work ***** and Make Me hitting #1 on the US iTunes charts. i for a fact people think hitting #1 on that chart is a big deal. I even got attacked for saying that chart is irrelevant cause it's just a store. :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

@Roxxy are they forgetting the Billboard dance club Charts. Aka the Gay bar charts

She's had #1's this decade since pretty girls. 

As sad as it is, the music industry is becoming more and more ageist by the decade. The oldest solo artist to chart on the Top 20 of the Year End Hot 100 for 2019 was Gaga at 33 with a total average age of 25.6 years. 

20 years ago, the oldest person to chart on the Top 20 of the Year End Hot 100 for 2000 was Madonna at 42. The total average age was 28.4.

Seems as if it's less common for artists to top the charts past the age of 30 these days, especially women. 

33 minutes ago, AGUILEGEND IS A QUEEN said:

As sad as it is, the music industry is becoming more and more ageist by the decade. The oldest solo artist to chart on the Top 20 of the Year End Hot 100 for 2019 was Gaga at 33 with a total average age of 25.6 years. 

20 years ago, the oldest person to chart on the Top 20 of the Year End Hot 100 for 2000 was Madonna at 42. The total average age was 28.4.

Seems as if it's less common for artists to top the charts past the age of 30 these days, especially women. 

Ugh, great perspective. Do you have a source? 28.4 to 25.6 is a decent change but wonder what other analysis is given.

This also speaks a lot to how we consume music and how charts are formulated. Billboard never really captured what were the hottest songs, but since their most recent change in chart methodology, the representation is even worse. It just doesn't make sense that a song like Stuck With U hits number 1.

None of this is to say that Britney can't release something that slaps and smashes... and get that number 1.

She'll be joining Madonna at 62, Cher at 74 and others older than radio acts.

Topping the Billboard hot Dance club chart but that's it. 

Why this happens it's one of a few charts that aren't controlled by the public but a select criteria (15) of in house club DJs (Mostly New York, Chicago and Miami where dance music was born)..

5 hours ago, Roxxy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Are we talking about the US Billboard Hot 100? If so, then I agree. But if we're just talking about numbers, she's had a few #1s like Work ***** and Make Me hitting #1 on the US iTunes charts. I know for a fact people think hitting #1 on that chart is a big deal. I even got attacked for saying that chart is irrelevant cause it's just a store. :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

I also dont see that as a relevant chart. :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

7 hours ago, AGUILEGEND IS A QUEEN said:

It’s true the ageism and ***ism on the radio is ridiculous. In the UK they’ll happily play Ed Sheeran, JT, Maroon 5, Little Mix. They’ll even throw in Pink to argue they aren’t ageist.

They haven’t got behind any or Britney’s singles within the last decade. The completely ignored the original Sugababes reunion on radio too. Being in their 30s means the radio won’t play them it’s disgusting.

1 hour ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

It’s true the ageism and ***ism on the radio is ridiculous. In the UK they’ll happily play Ed Sheeran, JT, Maroon 5, Little Mix. They’ll even throw in Pink to argue they aren’t ageist.

They haven’t got behind any or Britney’s singles within the last decade. The completely ignored the original Sugababes reunion on radio too. Being in their 30s means the radio won’t play them it’s disgusting.

im from the uk and as far as radio is concerned its an absolute joke!! According to radio..britney has 2 songs ..hit me baby and toxic...meanwhile someone as basic and unoriginal like olly murs or Jesse Glynn gets play after play.. I couldn't imagine radio 1 randomly playing radar or till the world ends.. it sucks but thats what radio has become now.. only playing songs you already know and have heard a hundred times before 

Archived