Britney Spears officially releases "Swimming In The Stars" to coincide with her 39th birthday

30 minutes ago, Dreamer26 said:

I understand why they cut swimming in the stars from Glory. It doesn't fit the rest of the album. And it seems like unfinished. I felt like Britney only singing chorus. Who recorded the rest of the song in this case? Myah is back? What do u think guys? Cuz I can't be the only one who felt like that way. Its so obvious. She didn't record full song and they used someone else vocals. 

I feel the same, it's bugging me a lot. It does sound at some parts like it was a song from Britney Jean, I don't know. Some vocals reminded me Myah Marie, but, at the same time, it feels like it's not her as well. 

1 minute ago, RebelMe said:

I feel the same, it's bugging me a lot. It does sound at some parts like it was a song from Britney Jean, I don't know. Get me Myah Marie vibes in some parts but, at the same time, it feels like it's not Myah too. 

someone that could be better, myah was not a good singer tbh

3 minutes ago, anakinskywalker said:

I'm not gonna lie, I hear some Britney Jean-ish vocals here and there, but I can't say for sure. I swear, if Myah made a comeback... Britney fans on her social media will be like:cWizozW.gif

I really don’t think they’d do that after all the backlash BJ got... as well as all the backlash Myah received. But yjnke Britney’s team are stupid af sooo who knows.

But Britney’s vocals have changed over the years and she’s way more high pitched now :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: so who knowzzz

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, anakinskywalker said:

I'm not gonna lie, I hear some Britney Jean-ish vocals here and there, but I can't say for sure. I swear, if Myah made a comeback... Britney fans on her social media will be like:cWizozW.gif

But she didn’t work with Myah at all during the Glory sessions.  The production on her vocal is my only issue with the song...similar to MOTM.  Both are beautiful songs that would’ve worked much better with a more natural, less produced vocal, but it’s not too bad.  I think this one is a little more all over the place because it was obviously a song left on the cutting room floor that they dug out and polished up for this re-release.

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
Just now, MWLJ said:

Definitely NO Myah. There’s a background vocalist to flesh out her sound, and she supports here and there, but it’s NOT a Bloated Jingles situation! No duping (in my opinion)! 

Great song! So lush. Should have been on the standard version of Glory! 

'drown' gives me Passenger tea. That's the part where I get thrown off.

• Love 1