The Weeknd: The Grammys are corrupt | Recording Academy responds

Jordan Miller

Didnt Eminem also call Grammys out a few years ago and said hed never go to the grammys again? :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

It makes no sense that his songs that were so successful and good didnt make the cut, but Beyonces that many people didnt even heard about It before (including myself) got so many noms. 

38 minutes ago, Bundy said:

Didnt Eminem also call Grammys out a few years ago and said hed never go to the grammys again? :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

It makes no sense that his songs that were so successful and good didnt make the cut, but Beyonces that many people didnt even heard about It before (including myself) got so many noms. 

DDD I just quoted it in my post above and then I saw your post :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Edited by Isla
22 hours ago, PuertoRicosFinest said:

Cardi B made a killing at the Grammys because her label payed for the win. It’s not racism, it’s payola.

Cardi is OBVIOUSLY a rap artist though. 

Just because the Weekend is a blend between R&B and pop, and leans on the pop side, meant that he couldn’t be nominated in either category. However, he should have been nominated in the pop category let’s be real 

Abel's newest comment makes him seem entitled. Also I don't understand why he thinks that being invited to perform automatically guaranteed him Grammy nominations? Is that how it works? Because Gaga performed in 2017 despite not being nominated for anything, so I would imagine that the same applies to Abel. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Where was this energy for Nicki Minaj?:watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

But yeah we been knew these awards are rigged, the veneer of prestige around them is only strinking with time, and they are not an indication of an artist's success or  influence. I normally just watch for the performances, and even those have been pretty meh(especially at the grammys) for a long time.

3 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

Cardi is OBVIOUSLY a rap artist though. 

Just because the Weekend is a blend between R&B and pop, and leans on the pop side, meant that he couldn’t be nominated in either category. However, he should have been nominated in the pop category let’s be real 

The categories mean nothing.  Beiber’s r&b album was nominated for pop.  And Jordan just posted a quote about performance negotiations between the Grammys and Weeknd about exclusivity.  Who in their right mind would choose performing at the dead Grammy awards over the Super Bowl. Unless Grammy award wins are part of the deal, which is what Kanye exposed Beyoncé for, so it all makes sense.  

Lauryn hill deserved the album of the year over Ray of light by Madonna, some Madonna fans said m deserved it. We're like. 

Listen to lauryn's album than come back. Ray of light got the ones she deserved..

Grammys lost it's creditability when macklemore won best rap album in 2014 over Kendrick.

Then it went downhill after that.

Several reports just STARTED posting The academy don't know rap or hip hop and it shows. 

2 hours ago, 1stopBopshop said:

Where was this energy for Nicki Minaj?:watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

But yeah we been knew these awards are rigged, the veneer of prestige around them is only strinking with time, and they are not an indication of an artist's success or  influence. I normally just watch for the performances, and even those have been pretty meh(especially at the grammys) for a long time.

She's a female. 

It's a double standard. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block