The Weeknd: The Grammys are corrupt | Recording Academy responds

Jordan Miller

38 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

The Weeknd was faced with a tough choice -- perform the Grammys or the Super Bowl -- but hammering out a deal to do both could've cost him Grammy nominations. 

Sources familiar with the situation tell us The Weeknd's team was in talks for weeks with Grammy brass, who issued the ultimatum -- us or Super Bowl LV. We're told both sides eventually came to an agreement where Abel could do both, but not without negotiations getting very testy. 

Our sources say there's growing suspicion Abel's decision to perform at this year's Super Bowl cost him Grammy noms because the bitter back-and-forth talks pissed off Grammy honchos. 

It's unclear why the Grammys would play such hardball in trying to exclusively book him for their airwaves. It might be fear of duplicate performances, as CBS is airing the award show AND the game one week apart in February. Still, our sources tell us Abel and co. feel the dispute might have something to do with his exclusion.

:overit_leave_walk_away_catfish_get_up_bye_goodbye_out_done:

• Content Curators

happened with mariah, happened with britney, happened with the weeknd

and yes while yall are praising the weeknd but bashing nicki for speaking she did desrve best new artist bc who tf is bon iver

same thing with britney, she deserved best new artist no question about it 

they are rigged as **** and never award a song if it hasnt been payola'd no matter how big it is 

• Love 3

While I do feel something is off here if Yummy would get nominated over Blinding Lights...at the end of the day when artists get nominated they don’t say anything about corruption. When they don’t get nominated, they complain. If artists don’t believe in awards or think they’re a scam, maybe they shouldn’t submit their music for consideration then, or actually challenge the academy. Not trying to be controversial, I loved After Hours.

• Love 4

Weeknd deserve a win in a grammy not just a nom. That they wrote is complete bs. His music been all over the charts means ppl listened and liked. Very dissappointed. Grammy only gave Britney 1 award so for me they r not relevant at all. Probably paid award. Anyway he already got big win to perform on Super bowl

• Love 1

Back in 97 at the top of her career Toni Braxton was not allowed to perform at the Grammys because she performed at AMA few months before. She was not allowed to be part of the Waiting To Exhale medley either. She still won 2 award that night. But that’s Grammys, that’s how they work. They’ve always been corrupt. I wonder how many award Beyoncé bought herself this year?

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 6

i always thought the weeknd was two people for some reason lol like thry were a duo

anyway i remember when i was younger and sam smith won a grammy so me and my dad went to youtube to listen to his song and we were like.... welp that wasnt especially good and thats the day i discovered the grammys have no idea what theyre doing

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block