Do you think Britney has a ghost singer on Swimming In The Stars ?

FullyDattAndDatt3full

Jesus what is this thread? :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:

For the  people up there the background vocalist is Mathew Koma. He is also one of the songwriters and was reported to be working with Britney during the Glory era but none of his tracks made the cut. Check interviews from 2015/16.  He has a very distinct voice but since he was doing back vocals for Britney he sings similar to her tone as much as possible. If you know his voice and who he is, its kinda funny to hear him trying to sound like her.

Myah is long gone though, the woman was being witchunted by some crazy stans last week because of this. Leave her alone and stop this madness :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

It just sounds like the background singer is very prominent on the chorus. You can tell she’s present, the BGV are just loud. MOTM sounds similar IMO

MOTM has like one word that isn’t Britney... “moo-oo-oo-oo-oooon”

SITS sounds like less that half of it is Britney, based on that clip.

wait and see rita ora GIF by America's Next Top Model

43 minutes ago, Hungry Hun said:

Jesus what is this thread? :madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:

For the  people up there the background vocalist is Mathew Koma. He is also one of the songwriters and was reported to be working with Britney during the Glory era but none of his tracks made the cut. Check interviews from 2015/16.  He has a very distinct voice but since he was doing back vocals for Britney he sings similar to her tone as much as possible. If you know his voice and who he is, its kinda funny to hear him trying to sound like her.

Myah is long gone though, the woman was being witchunted by some crazy stans last week because of this. Leave her alone and stop this madness :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

Nah sis it’s a girl background singer that people are reacting to. All her songs have strong background vocals, only certain songs get accused of ghost vocals tho. We know who’s voice we’re fans of. It’s not necessarily Myah, but I wouldn’t rule it out bc it does sound like it could be her. It’s not 100% Britney tho.

3 hours ago, PrettyGorl said:

MOTM has like one word that isn’t Britney... “moo-oo-oo-oo-oooon”

SITS sounds like less that half of it is Britney, based on that clip.

wait and see rita ora GIF by America's Next Top Model

Actually, her voice is still quite prominent on that part, there's just heavy layering. I was surprised to find out when I heard the stems, because it did sound at first like it was all background vocalists.

/Edit Added examples. Her higher vocal layer in the second clip has some distortion (could be either from the microphone or her vocal chords) in it which I guess kinda made it not sound like her. But we can clearly hear it's her.

7 hours ago, floopy22 said:

Actually, her voice is still quite prominent on that part, there's just heavy layering. I was surprised to find out when I heard the stems, because it did sound at first like it was all background vocalists.

/Edit Added examples. Her higher vocal layer in the second clip has some distortion (could be either from the microphone or her vocal chords) in it which I guess kinda made it not sound like her. But we can clearly hear it's her.

Thank you for these! MOTM is a great example of Britney experimenting with her vocals. I loved hearing all her takes in that song. She sounds so different, yet so distinctly Britney. SWITS sounds like a similar story

5 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

SERIOUSLY?? :imacat_cat_hiss_meme_white_kitty_mad:

Why the heck does everyone always say she has someone else sing her songs??
Just cause the ONE time she did it was for ONE album!

Im sorry for getting a lil riled up but its just BS imo 

I think that every major artist has background singers and it is up to the producers how much to layer the lead artist's vocals with that of the background singers. 

Whether or not her background singers overpower her, Britney's voice is unmistakably there. Maybe Britney Jean used more of Myah Marie than Glory did, but Britney still put in the work to make these songs. All she can do is record the music and hope that whatever producer she's forced to working with includes as much of her vocals as possible. :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

Archived