This Day in Pop: Britney Spears releases Stronger single in 2000 (November 13)

strongers.jpg.2a8efb1d055805dbec7d00945d6dbd28.jpgStronger.jpg

On November 13, 2000, Britney Spears released Stronger, the third single off her second studio album Oops!... I Did It Again. Written and produced by Max Martin and Rami Yacoub, the teen-pop song serves as a self-empowerment anthem that talks about a girl leaving behind her cheating boyfriend. The song alludes to ...Baby One More Time, Britney's debut single, (another Max Martin song) in its chorus: my loneliness ain't killing me no more.

Acclaimed by the music critics as arguably the best song on the album, Stronger peaked at #11 on the BBH100 and #17 at the Top 40 Mainstream chart, while being Top 10 in many European lists. It is Britney's third best sold physical single in the US.

R-953577-1252847250.jpeg.jpg

Walk on By, a song that didn't make the final album tracklist, was released with Stronger as a "B-side".

Stronger was performed at the Oops!... I Did It Again World Tour, the Dream Within a Dream Tour and Britney: Piece of Me Las Vegas residency (as well as the tours that derived from it). It was also performed on several TV shows to promote the single, including the American Music Awards, an it was even part of the festival sets Britney did in 2016 to promote her album Glory.

Several remixes of the song were released, including an EP.

The music video for the song was released days earlier.

• Love 8

Song is amazing, Video is amazing, Britney looks amazing, Vocals are great, Lyrics are good, AMA performance is amazing.. I love everything related to this single <3

p.s. OIDIA had the best singles imo + perfect teen album.

p.s.s. does stronger video broke a record on trl or it was another video (I read it somewhere that it was taken down forced or smth i don't really know how trl worked)?

• Love 4
  • 11 months later...
On 11/13/2020 at 1:26 AM, FrenchToast said:

This remains one of my favorite song from Britney, this used to be like my anthem when I was younger :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

I also love the video. The end, when she parades throught the bridge with her hair in the wind! :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

I'm still feeling the same everytime I play it on my earpods  :comingthru_miss_ny_new_york_pollard_tiffany_walk_runway_hair:
giphy.gif

The amount of times I "performed" this part on my living room as a kid back then :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

• Haha 2