Britney Spears' self-titled third studio album 'BRITNEY' was released 20 years ago today!

Roxxy

This whole era was such a serve... She has uncountable iconic moments throughout her career but I think we can all agree that she reached her potential on all aspects during this time: she just did it all, and exceedingly well.

I'm not saying that this is her best because she's been amazing since the beginning up to now, but it's definitely a taste of EVERYTHING that she can do, and I would even venture to say that this era is her most representative.

And now in hindsight, taking into account all that she's been through, we can add to the whole record and lyrics and videos and interviews many more layers that make her even more complex and smart and powerful. Back then she was considered (by peasants and the ignorant and misogynistic and resentful media) just another teen popstar, but by the end of that cycle she proved yet again to be a unique artist, a heavy player, a trendsetter.

She'll be forever remembered as "THE Princess of Pop", but that's just out of respect for the elder and those who paved the way before her because she's cute and wholesome like that. But honestly? QUEEN BRITNEY!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

Man I cant believe this album is 20 YEARS OLD!

So its been 2 decades since Slave and Primeney?! 

That fascinates me yet makes me sad at the same time. 

Feel you 100% but hasn't the music held up remarkably well? Trying hard to take the fan goggles off, still seems like half the songs could be modern-day release. 

• Like 2

ONE OF MY FAVORITES !!, I just have a flash back of when I got my Original Copy when I was 9 years old. what a good memories. I'm Slave for you, Im not a girl not yet a woman, Overprotected, Boys, Lonely, I love rock and roll, Cinderella, Let me be. OOOOMG I LOOOOVED Let Me be Sooo HAAARD!!! Such a masterpice  album, and the booklet was so epic as the little fairies on the CD  as well. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad::kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad::kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad::kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Love 1
On 11/6/2021 at 2:56 AM, princessmimi said:

Man I cant believe this album is 20 YEARS OLD!

So its been 2 decades since Slave and Primeney?! 

That fascinates me yet makes me sad at the same time. 

Same. And it aged greatly and still sounds really good. She was at the best of best in that era. 

And i am ready to finally say this:

Britney and In The Zone>>Blackout 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Love this promo! It’s also fascinating timing-wise. This must be from almost mid-2002 to include footage from the I Love Rock n Roll music video. I remember promos for when albums are first released, hyping them first single. I didn’t know they did promos for albums that are nearly 6 months old.

Are TV promos for albums even a thing anymore? :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Super Mods
19 hours ago, sunny_liston said:

Feel you 100% but hasn't the music held up remarkably well? Trying hard to take the fan goggles off, still seems like half the songs could be modern-day release. 

Yes totally.

Alot of the songs are still fresh sounding and Slave could totally be released today.

Thats at least one thing you can count on from Britney: music that will sound and age well. 

(Ok well maybe with the exception of Femme Fatale and Britney Jean but still)

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block