Britney Spears' self-titled third studio album 'BRITNEY' was released 20 years ago today!

Roxxy

I remember rushing to my High School library to check out the new Slave video. I was like, I'm going to get into so much trouble watching ****. Also, I was trying to hide the fact that I was into "Britney Spears", because it somehow "uncool" for a guy to love Britney. Good times. 

Then one naive night, I wanted to convince my mom (after I got into the track after awhile) that Britney was so talented so I played the "Britney" album for her through our Plasma tv speakers, when Britney started to pant really heavy, my mom was like :disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses: "My son is lost in this society". 

I was obsessed with this album for a good while. I think I shed my innocence and found my inner ****** side playing this album repetitively. Sigh, so many club moments. Slave really brought our my Middle Eastern genes.

tenor.gif?itemid=8554691

MaleInsignificantFurseal-max-1mb.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I remember rushing to my High School library to check out the new Slave video. I was like, I'm going to get into so much trouble watching ****. Also, I was trying to hide the fact that I was into "Britney Spears", because it somehow "uncool" for a guy to love Britney. Good times. 

Then one naive night, I wanted to convince my mom (after I got into the track after awhile) that Britney was so talented so I played the "Britney" album for her through our Plasma tv speakers, when Britney started to pant really heavy, my mom was like :disappointed_thinking_oh_okay_glasses: "My son is lost in this society". 

I was obsessed with this album for a good while. I think I shed my innocence and found my inner ****** side playing this album repetitively. Sigh, so many club moments. Slave really brought our my Middle Eastern genes.

tenor.gif?itemid=8554691

MaleInsignificantFurseal-max-1mb.gif

lmaoo! I was 11 and showing to my parents how awesome masterpiece baby one more time is.

Their faces :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: 

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

EEEK! I felt that. :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

Same. I know I was a stan during Oops! but this album really, like you know...

PointedFlawlessAsiaticlesserfreshwatercl

... did it for me. Like, I opened my heart and really said "ok, i'm gonna love her forever now." :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

Same :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad: I’m ride or die for her now. I will always defend and support... and all because of an album :boredashell_pink_britney_hmm_blink_well_umm: When will the other fan bases :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Love 1

This was the first Britney album that I had heard in full. My childhood best friend had this album and she brought it to a school disco we had one Friday night and she had the dj play it. She had left it behind when she went home, so I kept it for her over the weekend. I could not stop listening to it.       I was 7 years old at the time. Oh the memories.🥰

• Love 2

For me, this era is one of the best female eras in the history of the industry.

For me, this era will always be in my heart.

I'm always going to be left with the desire to have seen a tango between Britney and Leo.

I always wish that Wade instead of putting contemporary in an interlude had put a tango between Britney and Leo, something like that (I also thought it with the Dramatic track).

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block