Ariana Grande's new album "Positions" To Fall to #4 In Its Third Week In The US Selling 65k units...

Blackout2006

3 minutes ago, Invitation said:

safety net is the best collab she's done in a while, but pov:yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: she destroyed me with that song:yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

I agree, she served with this album. POV is like the step sister of GHOSTIN. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

I also love West Side so much, the whole album is so ******** relatable to anyone right now. :forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food:

• Love 2
  • Content Curators
1 minute ago, King Sleezy Style said:

I agree, she served with this album. POV is like the step sister of GHOSTIN. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

I also love West Side so much, the whole album is so ******** relatable to anyone right now. :forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food:

Not my favorite album from her, but I don't mind because the amazing songs are what matter to men e.g. my hair phew. Can never complain for 7 more great songs since we can always ditch the ones we don't like.

I cannot get into west side yet. I've streamed the album for the past few days. It's still not my favorite.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

It will still go platinum, plus her website sells 3 different CD covers. .. it's not bad. 

I do think close to the holiday season, everybody thought she was gonna do a Christmas album, not this. 

She did say she wanted to do a full length version. 

And this is her final Album under her six album deal with Republic records. 

I'm sure they would renew it with her as she's one of their biggest acts. 

Lol, Platinum?...

If Thank U, Next couldnt go Platinum, in wha circumstance do you Positions will go platinum? :clown_meme__makeup_green:

12 minutes ago, Invitation said:

Not my favorite album from her, but I don't mind because the amazing songs are what matter to men e.g. my hair phew. Can never complain for 7 more great songs since we can always ditch the ones we don't like.

I cannot get into west side yet. I've streamed the album for the past few days. It's still not my favorite.

I love Obvious so much. 💕 

My favorite Ari album is Dangerous Woman, too. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Invitation said:

Mine too :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer: Into You was the best pop song that year :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

Seriously some of her album tracks in the past albums are masterpieces :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad: Honeymoon Avenue :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

LETS NOT FORGET ABOUT GREEDY. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

i kinda miss those days because im a pop fan first, i love pop songs. Lets blame Beyonce for this trend that the album must be cohesive. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

This thread is such a downer, and full of past comparisons, it's exhausting to be in that state of mind. I think "Positions" is a good album, super vibey, she sounds confident and s exy. Forget bangers and give it a try. There are some seriously good songs in it. If you guys can't see that then maybe YOU are over-exposed to music and information. Take a step back, dedicate this record a few spins with your full attention, and there's no way you won't feel inspired... As long as you like Ariana, of course. If you don't, then what are we even discussing? And trust me, she'll still be bathing in champagne, she recorded whatever the eff she wanted artistically, now she can move on to the next album, life goes on.

• Love 6
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, alexxxx said:

People need to realize thank u next was her peak. She's not gonna do huge numbers like before, positions was trending all over twitter on friday and it's receiving favorable reviews both from critics and the general public. She's doing way better than sweetener and it's predecessors. 
Besides, bundles no longer count towards the charts which plummeted a lot of album sales. It's why JB's changes sold well in its first week (tour bundles) and T-Swift's boring folklore.

Hide contents

Great post though:queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

Folklore had had 8 weeks at number one and became the highest selling album since Lover.

Changes flopped.

No comparison.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

These threads are tiresome.

• Artists don’t make get 250k in first week sales easily nowadays. I mean, there have been #1 albums that only sold around 100k copies. It seems really ignorant to claim 250k in sales to be disappointing, especially when the album was only announced like 2 weeks ago.
  • According to that chart, it still looks like this is her second highest album in first week sales ever.
  • Like others have said, thank u, next was her peak. I’m so tired of artists doing so well that anything less than what they did before is considered flopping and that they’re done for. Ariana had a sh!!!!t personal life in 2019, and the combination of her addressing all of those personal issues with solid pop music really set her up to be more successful than she ever has before. She even said it’s weird how the worst time in her life is when she’s been the most successful. There’s not that personal life drama in positions to get people interested, and she already released 2 albums in one year just last year.
  • A 71 rating on Metacritic is considered favorable by critics

I’m not even a big Ariana fan and I literally said in the streaming party thread that positions is well done, but it’s not for me. I’m just so tired of these threads practically rooting for artists to fail and be declared flops. 

• Love 3
  • Like 3

Thank U, Next is double platinum in the US.

@King Sleezy Stylefavorite artist pushed the RIAA to include streams towards album certs as Nicki saw, her albums was under certified due to the RIAA only recognizing singles and not albums

Why do you think when Chance won all the Awards after being taken seriously as the first digital/Streaming artist to benefit from Nicki's forcing the RIAA to change the rules.

Cos without Nicki everybody who did sell pure would be under certified..

That means only Taylor Swift would be RIAA's top album artist. 

Thank u, Next is double platinum cos the amount of streams equaled to two Million albums sold. 

Oddly, this is the same industry that tried to stop Napster from happening 20 years ago, they finally recovered financially cos the industry realized the internet isn't going away or a Trend or fad that many thought it was. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block