Ariana Grande's new album "Positions" To Fall to #4 In Its Third Week In The US Selling 65k units...

Blackout2006

21 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

I disagree. Dangerous Woman Catapulted her to main pop-girl status.

Side to Side was top 5, Dangerous Woman was top 10 and Into You was top 20.

Not to mention she had some great performances, lots of promo, and it is a truly great album with great bops like Be Alright, Greedy and Touch It.

Sweetener seems like a dip for her sonically in my opinion, Sweetener was her Britney Jean where she didn’t really know where she wanted to go or what sound she wanted to encapsulate along with her image. She was trying to be more slow R&B but still released upbeat tracks. It was weird for me. Don’t get me wrong, I love the album and listen to it now and then, but it seems like she’s fighting her artistic desires.

Thank U Next was her best album. Period. It’s not my personal favourite, but it’s definitely her best album. 

Its definetly argument-worthy, but i mean, Sweetener was so much more successful than DW IMO :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams: Sweetener was the 16th highest-selling album of 2016, whereas DW was the 20th Best selling album of 20. Dangerous Woman had 3 hits, whereas the Sweetener era was a hit-packaged era. However yes, its pretty fair to say her prime started with Dangerous woman, just like how we can say Katy Perry's prime started the One of the boys so i can basically agree with you:heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams: So then maybe Positions is the 4th album curse for Ariana (IK its her 6th album but since its technically the 4th album released in Arianas peak) :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

You know why Folklore is so good? Cause Taylor knew people were getting tired of pop Taylor.

She knew that and switched things around something Ariana doesn't understand. Ariana proved with this record she isn't versatile in her music and went for the 3rd record in a row, for the same style of music. That's why Positions isn't as strong as her previous albums. It isn't a standout nor is it a gamechanger while Folklore literally is a standout in Taylor's music repertoire.

I love me some Ariana but Ari doesn't know squat about business marketing and that's Taylor's big plus: she knows what people want and she knows how to sell it.

The fact that Ariana tried to raise sales with different album covers like Taylor only just did, shows they have no marketing ideas and decided to jump on the bandwagon. Watch her sell some autographed CD's next.

Taylor continues to set the bar at marketing. I sweat if she wasn't a celebrity she would be a marketeer.

• Love 2
  • Like 5
13 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

You know why Folklore is so good? Cause Taylor knew people were getting tired of pop Taylor.

She knew that and switched things around something Ariana doesn't understand. Ariana proved with this record she isn't versatile in her music and went for the 3rd record in a row, for the same style of music. That's why Positions isn't as strong as her previous albums. It isn't a standout nor is it a gamechanger while Folklore literally is a standout in Taylor's music repertoire.

I love me some Ariana but Ari doesn't know squat about business marketing and that's Taylor's big plus: she knows what people want and she knows how to sell it.

The fact that Ariana tried to raise sales with different album covers like Taylor only just did, shows they have no marketing ideas and decided to jump on the bandwagon. Watch her sell some autographed CD's next.

Taylor continues to set the bar at marketing. I sweat if she wasn't a celebrity she would be a marketeer.

Katy was the first to sell CDs with different covers though:mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

She did sell some autographed CD's a few days ago, it was just a hand full

I like about half the album... or less. I think what I’ve come to dislike with a majority of this album are the lack of hooks or a chorus. It feels half baked and unfinished at some points. Also, the way she sings does not reflect the way she speaks... I don’t know how she is trying to be when she sings but I feel like Ariana has to mature a little bit with her lyrics and her expressions... they come off as very juvenile at times.

My personal ratings:

Shut Up 1/10

34+35 7/10 

Motive 5/10

Just Like Magic 6/10

Off The Table 6/10

Six Thirty 5/10

Safety Net 6/10

My Hair 7/10

Nasty 3/10

West Side 1/10

Love Language 6/10

Positions 4/10

Obvious 4/10

Pov 4/10

Overall: 5.5/10

I honestly cannot believe Pitchfork rated this a 7.4.... are they getting paid by Republic? Or just biased? 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Pbloem19 said:

Looks like a good number and a typical Ariana number. I don’t understand why people are disappointed. Never had she sold millions in the first week. :smokney2_smoke_britney_blackout_2007_sunglasses_red_cigarette_smoking:

Its a good number and yeah, obviously she is no Taylor or Britney but i mean it has always been normal for Arianas albums to outsell its predecessor in its first week and Positions was the first to fail to do so. Not to mention, there is a 36% dip in FW sales from Thank U, Next.

OMG! OMG!
Its underperforming :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

Omg, shes not even going to 220k? WHAAAAAATT!?

Shes...ARIANA GRANDE what the hell happened!?

195 freaking thousand only?!....

I mean she is one of Pops reigning girls, what on earth happened!?

How is she not selling atleast 240k? 

This is extremely shocking

And...bad :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

HOW!?

Wow, i was being thrown **** at for predicting its underperformance :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

Genuinely asking, how do u feel about this @King Sleezy Style and @alexxxx?

Gotta update the post.

2 hours ago, Godney'sSweetCheeks said:

It's too soon to call this album a commercial disappointment. Future singles could cause it to blow up, but this doesn't happen all that often. 

This era/album is too boring to people, it doesn't even interest anyone that much actually, even on YT music video has only 60M views after two weeks, Twitter isn't interested in it that much too, her flop era, people start to get so bored with her and if she doesn't change something - look, style of music, she will become huge flop like Katy 

• Love 4
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
13 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Not the Arianators blaming the albums underperformance on election-week :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

This is the problem @BUWYGF and @Bundy, stans of the new pop girls just like to deny everything its so annoying. 

Those delusional children can blame it on God Himself if they want, facts are facts. The ***** got lazy and halfassed the entire album. Did she think she would be the main pop girl with this mediocre BS? This is a slap in the face to all of the people who supported her through the Sweetner and TUN eras. We deserved better than this. 

Hopefully her lazy *** realizes she cant pull this off :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
Just now, BUWYGF said:

Those delusional children can blame it on God Himself if they want, facts are facts. The woman got lazy and halfassed the entire album.

YESSSSSS! I SWEARRRR. They will do anything to sugarcoat **** but in the end it is what it is no matter what happened.The main problem was that she got TOO comfortable . Ariana thought just because she was a streaming giant and has ridiculous and fact-denying fans, she can release a lackluster album and still pull huge sales :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

3 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

Did she think she would be the main pop girl with this mediocre BS? This is a slap in the face to all of the people who supported her through the Sweetner and TUN eras.

Hell nah! I felt like **** listening to Flopositions thinking i was going to expect an amazing, new and fresh re-invention and amazing follow-up from Thank U, Next. I was so shocked at how disappointing this record was. Everybody wanted her to stop doing trap-pop, but she did what nobody asked for :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack: 

5 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

We deserved better than this. 

Periodt. If Ariana wants to hold on to that 2010s fad, then she can but she better not expect the same success she held in 2016-2019 :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad: Heck even Britney who made teen-pop so freaking popular had to leave that genre at one point. :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

6 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

Hopefully her lazy butt realizes she cant pull this off :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Yes and i better expect something new and better from her

ONLY WHEN SHE TAKES A DAMN BREAK AND DECIDES A NEW DIRECTION :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Ariana should by now understand that nobody is here nomore for Trap-Pop by 2021 :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block