Meghan Trainor covered Britney Spears' "My Only Wish" on her new Christmas album

16 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

First of all check the songwriters boo.

If isn't the Britney version, then it's something else 

Hers was written by Brian K and Josh something. 

I know her fans want it to be as huge as Mariah's Christmas song. 

But I've never seen it in a holiday playlist by any streaming service. That's bad. Cos who's checking Britney's Christmas Spotify playlist other than her followers. 

as far as I understand, My Only Wish is one of the most streamed Britney songs on Spotify, despite not being a single, not having a videoclip and apparently not being in playlists.

Here in Mexico, of all places, they play My Only Wish at every store during holidays season, and I'm surprised every time that it happens because I don't understand either lol but apparently it is more famous than we think. 

It will never compete against Mariah's classic, but had it had proper promotion and release, it would definitely be a classic today. I actually believe it is a classic, just that a lot of people don't realize it's Britney / that Britney has a Christmas song, because there's no image/video attached to it. 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

as far as I understand, My Only Wish is one of the most streamed Britney songs on Spotify, despite not being a single, not having a videoclip and apparently not being in playlists.

Here in Mexico, of all places, they play My Only Wish at every store during holidays season, and I'm surprised every time that it happens because I don't understand either lol but apparently it is more famous than we think. 

It will never compete against Mariah's classic, but had it had proper promotion and release, it would definitely be a classic today. I actually believe it is a classic, just that a lot of people don't realize it's Britney / that Britney has a Christmas song, because there's no image/video attached to it. 

The same thing happened with Santa Baby by MADONNA, it's actually huge on radio, but all my friends said. 

How funny, this is the most played on radio, most streamed and it took a madonna fan to reveal, the Madonna version is the one that's been the well known version since 1987. Radio stations need to announce the artists especially when they know it's the most popular version of a well known Christmas song. 

• Like 2
On 10/27/2020 at 1:10 AM, Buffybot said:

Sadly Lou's Instagram is private now. Meghan is one of her main clients, she posts a lot about her.

Meghan thanked Lou and Robin on her album. If you look at the likes for almost every Meghan post, you'll find Lou there, kinda creepy.

But Brit likes Meghan, danced to her songs? Did she not said she is a fan and want to sing with her?:ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare: What is this?:wtfdidusay_wth_what_huh_again_who_confused_looking_around:

On 10/26/2020 at 10:40 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

word is they are buying her master recordings to make sure they still make money somehow.

Wait. Where this is coming from? They can only buy Britney's masters if RCA is willing to sell them. And I doubt RCA would sell one of, if not so, the most valuable catalogue they own and that is still going to give them profit for years to come. 

The Taylor X Scooter battle happened because Big Machine Records was up for sale. Since then people talk (specially on Twitter ) about people buying masters from artists as if it can happen anytime and for whatever reason. RCA would only sell her masters if they have more bills to pay than money coming in and thats a strech.

• Like 3