Is Ariana Grande's "positions" underperforming?

These comments ....:bichpls_telling_preaching_mad_fighting_pointing_touching: lololol

anyho the songs a grower but idk if it’s gonna b as successful as her previous eras.  As her personal life drama tbh fueled the success of sweetener/TUN.. her ex bf passing away and divorcing or breaking up with Pete Davidson. I feel like she thought she could pull a Beyoncé lol but idk if the hype is there. 

Anyho I  don’t mind her new face lol but she literally looks like Iggy and Kylie Jenner to me. Clonnneeesz

Mixed feelings :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

11 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I hope it doesn’t hit number one. Not another boring song getting number one. Not her getting another undeserved number one debut. Longevity matters more because who will remember Stuck with Payola one year from now? Hell people outside of Standom don’t even know that song exists. 

Stuck With U was a scheme to get Justin another number one single and they used Ari's success to their advantage:flop_britney_candies:

• Love 4
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Roxxy said:

It's not your fault. You weren't the one who tried to stir ish up. :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

Blackout2006 should take notes from you, on how to become an unproblematic member of this community. You've only been here how many months and you already have a better track record. When will Blackie. :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

Aw you're so sweet!:tysm_beyonce_thanks_wow_gratitude_love_you_ily: Exhale is a wonderful place full of messy and amazing people, such as yourself and I couldn't be more grateful for a forum like this where I can share my thoughts and communicate with fellow pop fanatics.:sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing: I don't like drama or involving myself in other people's problems (unless asked to) so I hope you guys work things out:hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 2

To quote today's Music industry. Now that folklore has sold a million pure in the US, and is the only album to do so in my Country after Lover.

20 years ago selling 10,000,000 was not only an achievement but still rare and should be celebrated. 

Now in 2020, whether a single or an album, selling a million pure, is like selling 10,000,000 today. It's not only rare,but it's extremely difficult and actually much harder to cross platinum pure than most people think. 

• Love 1

its getting more usual for artists to release first singles that doesnt sound deserving to be first singles. The song is good, I have it on repeat. But its not major, and its clear that its was released just to gather streams for the album's ceritification later on. 

Harry Styles and Gaga did it and Sam Smith is doing it, all 3 finding success in this strategy. And now Ariana is doing it as well. Its kinda what I wish Britney would do if she ever comes back to music. Katy Perry did the wrong way and floped hard :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Hungry Hun said:

its getting more usual for artists to release first singles that doesnt sound deserving to be first singles. The song is good, I have it on repeat. But its not major, and its clear that its was released just to gather streams for the album's ceritification later on. 

Harry Styles and Gaga did it and Sam Smith is doing it, all 3 finding success in this strategy. And now Ariana is doing it as well. Its kinda what I wish Britney would do if she ever comes back to music. Katy Perry did the wrong way and floped hard :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

THISSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is, their songs end up always flopping and falling off the charts. We need SINGLES singles, not album tracks made to promote the album. So many artists are trying to become album artists but it's just not gonna work.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I wasn't saying those things to be shady or to one up you or to be mean. I was describing you. Perfectly. Exactly what you are. DID I LIE? :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao:

When you instigate drama and then play the victim when you get dragged? Only fake cowards. I don't do that ish. And even if i'm a Moderator, i'm not gonna hold back on you for publicity. I've always been 100% on this forum. And I own up to being bad but I only do it to people who TRY IT with me. 🤷‍♀️

Didn't your friend learn that the hard way a few months ago and you two got dragged for it? And aren't YOU the one who simply CAN NOT resist participating in MY threads but also talk ish behind my back? Only Blackout2006. 🤷‍♀️

Like I said, I keep it real. I'm not afraid to call a spade a spade. So when I say, you are a troll - that's because you are. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I don't know the story behind your fight but as an adult you need to calm down, you are arguing with a 14 yo kid, it's not the same and I don't think it's right. I mean, you shouldn't like each other and you could not agree in anything but stop fight for nothing, both of you.

This place doesn't need this. Both, remember that one of Jordan's intentions is avoid this place came back to be Exhell. What we need to understand is not taking personal all the discussions here. I don't blame any of you, because I've been in conflicts like this one before and that's why I understand how heated a discussion could turn, so the best to do it's avoid insulting each other for nothing, like, we don't even know in real life... why we should create unnecesary rivalries? Maybe the best is you avoid each other when this things happens

That's just MY opinion.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, alexxxx said:

THISSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is, their songs end up always flopping and falling off the charts. We need SINGLES singles, not album tracks made to promote the album. So many artists are trying to become album artists but it's just not gonna work.

Right? They want record certifications as if they are selling album copies by not treating singles as they should be. It works if you have a great reach, like Harry, and therefore have the audience to suport that. Lets see how this strategy will perform for Ari.

What I want for Britney is to release at least 3 to 4 singles even before announcing an album and treat them as so like experimenting, get strategic featurings, making a video, perform, promote, push RCA to work on streaming and invest in radio play, be out there and focus on them to revitalize her brand to only then put them in a future album as bonus tracks. That's what Sam is doing, his "album to be" already has way more than 1 billion streams (Promises, Dancing With a Stranger, How do You Sleep, To Die For, the feat with Demi and now Diamonds) that will count for certification later on. And the great majority were singles SINGLES, hence the results. 

Ok,

I get it more. 

They are going by the record she set. 

Ariana had four consecutive #1 debuts.

Plus they are holding a lady Gaga track that featured her, not realizing Ariana never did dance music outside Her second album. 

@Roxxy

That's the problem, they are saying how the hell is gonna extend her Record of having the most #1 debuts. 

First of all Records like that are gonna constantly be broken. It took 23 years to break the records Mariah herself established during the pure sales era to be broken, so it's always going to be broken. Like the lambs said. 

It's cute and all but Mariah held the record for two straight decades, it took the streaming generation to achieve the impossible, like they said. It would have been more iconic if it was done before streaming, so nothing to see or celebrate honestly. 

They are holding achievements that can easily be taken away. That's the truth. I'm really sorry you're delusional fan base is holding achievements above the music. 

34 minutes ago, Hungry Hun said:

Right? They want record certifications as if they are selling album copies by not treating singles as they should be. It works if you have a great reach, like Harry, and therefore have the audience to suport that. Lets see how this strategy will perform for Ari.

What I want for Britney is to release at least 3 to 4 singles even before announcing an album and treat them as so like experimenting, get strategic featurings, making a video, perform, promote, push RCA to work on streaming and invest in radio play, be out there and focus on them to revitalize her brand to only then put them in a future album as bonus tracks. That's what Sam is doing, his "album to be" already has way more than 1 billion streams (Promises, Dancing With a Stranger, How do You Sleep, To Die For, the feat with Demi and now Diamonds) that will count for certification later on. And the great majority were singles SINGLES, hence the results. 

I don't want knee to go with that strategy because Sam's singles aren't performing well on the charts. I don't think anyone even knows them. 

What I THINK she should do is partner with streaming services and get RCA to push her with radio & live performances. Kinda like what Justin Bieber is doing right now. That way, she'll garner attention and announce the album (after the lead & second single).

1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Ok,

I get it more. 

They are going by the record she set. 

Ariana had four consecutive #1 debuts.

Plus they are holding a lady Gaga track that featured her, not realizing Ariana never did dance music outside Her second album. 

@Roxxy

That's the problem, they are saying how the hell is gonna extend her Record of having the most #1 debuts. 

First of all Records like that are gonna constantly be broken. It took 23 years to break the records Mariah herself established during the pure sales era to be broken, so it's always going to be broken. Like the lambs said. 

It's cute and all but Mariah held the record for two straight decades, it took the streaming generation to achieve the impossible, like they said. It would have been more iconic if it was done before streaming, so nothing to see or celebrate honestly. 

They are holding achievements that can easily be taken away. That's the truth. I'm really sorry you're delusional fan base is holding achievements above the music. 

:madonna_weird_alien_cuckoo_nuts:

• Haha 1

None of her #1 singles deserved that position (no pun intended) except Thank U Next. Positions isnt anything we havent heard from her before and regardless of where it debuts and how long it stays there it wont have as much staying power like her other singles.

I feel like the only reason she's putting another album out is because she's bored and there's no competition right now. Most acts have pushed their albums to next year. If Adele still planned on releasing in November she wouldnt dare put an album out now.

Even Rihanna delayed Anti because Adele's 25 was coming. And lets be real. Rihanna cannot compete with Adele. Or Taylor for that matter.

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block