Is Ariana Grande's "positions" underperforming?

12 hours ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

These comments ....:bichpls_telling_preaching_mad_fighting_pointing_touching: lololol

anyho the songs a grower but idk if it’s gonna b as successful as her previous eras.  As her personal life drama tbh fueled the success of sweetener/TUN.. her ex bf passing away and divorcing or breaking up with Pete Davidson. I feel like she thought she could pull a Beyoncé lol but idk if the hype is there. 

Anyho I  don’t mind her new face lol but she literally looks like Iggy and Kylie Jenner to me. Clonnneeesz

Mixed feelings :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

I completely agree

7 minutes ago, Phonography423 said:

None of her #1 singles deserved that position (no pun intended) except Thank U Next. Positions isnt anything we havent heard from her before and regardless of where it debuts and how long it stays there it wont have as much staying power like her other singles.

I feel like the only reason she's putting another album out is because she's bored and there's no competition right now. Most acts have pushed their albums to next year. If Adele still planned on releasing in November she wouldnt dare put an album out now.

Even Rihanna delayed Anti because Adele's 25 was coming. And lets be real. Rihanna cannot compete with Adele. Or Taylor for that matter.

Justin Bieber and one direction pushed their albums up earlier when Adele announced she was coming. 

Many people already forgot that purpose despite going #1, was Dragged for the numbers between him and Adele's 3.5 million opener. He had the #2 album but to sell 125,000 in it's second week it was pretty bad when billboard announced her historical first week, which Britney fans never used when it came to Taylor swift. They went off of the oops numbers. 

10 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I'm shook Little Mix are number 1 on iTunes in the UK and not Ari :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

But they have a better song and deserve it, Sweet Melodys SLAPS.

@Spicechinodiva do you think Ari is going to get the official number 1 in the UK just because she's Ari? The song does NOT deserve the official number 1 in my eyes.

Mid weeks mean nothing. Rebel Heart and Madame X were announced to debut at #1 midweeks. 

We all know how that Turned out. 

Sam smith took advantage of mother's day in the UK, and won that one. 

Bruce Springsteen did a whole week in the UK, while Madonna focused on the US market, look what happened Again. 

I can honestly see little mix also delivering Kylie Minogue the ultimate upset as well. As they returned to their pop sound that Glory Days was. 

1 hour ago, Phonography423 said:

I completely agree

Yeah I think ppl forget that the unfortunate bombing, untimely passing of her ex while she was engaged or married to another guy  and then divorcing the new guy or whatever is kinda what propelled her stardom. It kept her in the headlines back to back to back and with music to cope with this she released albums back to back during all this. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Phonography423 said:

None of her #1 singles deserved that position (no pun intended) except Thank U Next. Positions isnt anything we havent heard from her before and regardless of where it debuts and how long it stays there it wont have as much staying power like her other singles.

I feel like the only reason she's putting another album out is because she's bored and there's no competition right now. Most acts have pushed their albums to next year. If Adele still planned on releasing in November she wouldnt dare put an album out now.

Even Rihanna delayed Anti because Adele's 25 was coming. And lets be real. Rihanna cannot compete with Adele. Or Taylor for that matter.

Agreed. I also think it’s smart for her to release an album this year after having rain on me and performing at the vmas etc with gaga but idk if positions was the right single to lead with the momentum that’s expected from her at this point in her career kinda sorta..

Positions is cute but sounds like something that could have been on her last 3 albums tbh. I’m not mad at it. But as a lead idk gives me 3rd single vibes not main make me buy this album vibes. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, CripplerCrossface said:

I don't know the story behind your fight

You're right. You DON'T know the story and our history, so spare me your judgmental sermon. Again, you do not know the story, yet you feel entitled to give an opinion and preach TO ME and ONLY ME? 🤷‍♀️

This forum already had previously discussed Exhalers' ages and last time I checked everybody agreed to what @PokemonSpears said that we don't care about age in this forum. We're all the same here. We're all equals here. If you come here and talk / have a discussion / or argue with me like an adult, then I will treat you like one. I treat everybody the same regardless of age, color, gender, nationality, communication skills and lack thereof. It also applies to when you come for me acting like a bad biech unapologetic, then i'm gonna treat you just the same.

Being 14 does not give anybody the license to run their mouth unchecked.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, CripplerCrossface said:

I don't know the story behind your fight but as an adult you need to calm down, you are arguing with a 14 yo kid, it's not the same and I don't think it's right. I mean, you shouldn't like each other and you could not agree in anything but stop fight for nothing, both of you.

This place doesn't need this. Both, remember that one of Jordan's intentions is avoid this place came back to be Exhell. What we need to understand is not taking personal all the discussions here. I don't blame any of you, because I've been in conflicts like this one before and that's why I understand how heated a discussion could turn, so the best to do it's avoid insulting each other for nothing, like, we don't even know in real life... why we should create unnecesary rivalries? Maybe the best is you avoid each other when this things happens

That's just MY opinion.

Thx so much <3 

4 hours ago, alexxxx said:

It's an okay album. Definitely better than sweetener but theirs just NO replay value and I hate that.

But the thing is...Sweetener has so many amazing songs despite the swampy pharrel production mess it is. Raindrops...NTLTC...GIAW....Breathin...Pete Davidson and has like 6 highlights. This album has NOTHING and hardly any goods songs in fact unlike Sweetener which is still a good album at most, because hearing this album makes Positions sound amazing when it doesn't. Thats how bland the album is!

4 hours ago, alexxxx said:

Isn't it the 4th album curse:orangu_orangutan_ape:

Yeah but @Spicechinodiva said something about whether the 6th album will have only fans or also GP streaming or buying the album, something like that. And the only people i can see streaming this mess are her hardcore fans, because this is clearly not that great of an album to catch ears of a general Arianator fan or GP.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block