Is Ariana Grande's "positions" underperforming?

Yes it's underperforming. Complaining about "unfair" comparisons because her other songs raised the expectations for Ariana's lead single's chart performance is the most played out and overused stan excuse; every stanbase says the same thing when their fave starts to underperform or outright flop, but it doesn't change the fact that not as many people are buying Ariana's new single this time around. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Trentals said:

Who cares really?

The charts are trash these days and are no longer a true representation of a song’s performance.

Robyn's Dancing on my own never charted on the hot 100, and she went Platinum based off of word of mouth and a dedicated fan base. 

Plus to sell out Madison square garden with Only a few dance Hits and two top ten singles from the 90s that actually doesn't represent you at all. Respect. 

• Love 3

I think there’s just not much buzz about it. The video is fun, but I don’t think it has the replay value like Thank U Next. I think it will do ok, but probably won’t be a huge hit. Maybe it will hit number 1? But probably fall... not really sure, it seems like it would just be a top ten hit. I feel like she over did it a little with the collabs and then put out a snoozer of a song. They definitely tried though, with releasing it only hours after the debate and making it a video where she’s President. Seems like a cheap trick for a song that wasn’t good enough to go number 1 on its own. Hope the rest of the album is better. 

• Like 1

What’s up with this trend of having to fight against words like “underperforming”? Lol it’s literally a fact that it’s not selling as well as previous singles, why not just accept that? Ariana will be just fine. There are way bigger issues in the world sis. Keep it moving. 

• Like 2

Whatever, I love this s hit!:

:sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

PS: Guys, just as with world history, some time actually needs TO PASS for us humans to be able to understand and analyze events in perspective... It's been 2 days since Ariana Grande released a new single and some of you already are making statements about the future of her career. That's nuts.

It's not a flop, it's just a grower track. 

Both 2018's No tears left to cry and Thank u, next immediately Pulled you in cos of it's upbeat nature. It just took time for people to realize it's not a bop you can dance to. By the track listing, it's an album made for the bedroom, so of course it's going to take a bit longer to be embraced especially in a Covid world where doctors advised outside committed relationships, casual *** is a big no no, cos of kissing actually passes the airborne disease by breathing into the mouth.

• Love 1
On 10/24/2020 at 4:20 PM, alexxxx said:

positons-chart.jpg.f1c26a70de844bbbf3929a89c24fd018.jpg

Ariana Grande released the lead single of her sixth studio album "positions" almost two days ago on Friday, October 23rd and stan twitter claims the song is underperforming. Here's why it's not.

Positions debuted with 7.6 MILLION discounted streams worldwide with 2.8M of them being in the United States. While that IS good, arianators seem to think otherwise.

People are comparing Grande's biggest hit to date, 7 rings, to positions and it's already being deemed a flop. This is actually a pattern I've noticed with other artists as well; every song Lady Gaga dropped was compared to her biggest hits such as "Poker face", "Bad Romance", "Alejandro" and "Born This Way'. ARTPOP was considered a flop and "Applause" was a commercial failure. 

However, one of the reasons positions is considered a flop despite not even being released 48 hours earlier is because of the low youtube views and low sales.

Keep in mind western artists have started to decline on youtube so this isn't a bad thing & billboard recently stopped counting bundles which was a tactic used by many artists in the past to gain sales and debut at number one.

Also, country singer Luke Combs is currently blocking Ariana from the #1 spot on US iTunes.

ElG3mZFW0AAHheX?format=jpg&name=medium

Positions is also predicted to debut at number on the hot 100 with 350 points.

So, what do you think? Is positions underperforming so far? 

Related:

I hate the song it’s boring 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, MoodRingney said:

Idk what a Luke Combs is but he's not “blocking” her, he’s outselling her. 

He's a country singer, it's been proven country doesn't get streams, but still pulls sales, it's really only the youth that stream. 

Older people are really upset with the fact, that it's getting hard to find a hard copy. 

They do have one point, not all the tracks are available to stream, sometimes you have to purchase the album to get the desired Tracks you want as they are locked in this code as album only. 

Some exhaler over here said that a #1 proves longevity when it cannot. Toxic peaked at #9 but its more iconic and timeless than any #1 single in 2019 and 2020. :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

But back to the point, yes. I already feel that the song is underperforming. I mean, it does not feel like a "hit", ya know? it just feels like "omg Ariana Grande just released a new song" and it stops right there. I mean it sales (even if you dont compare) dont look that good.

Also i feel the exact same of the era.

6 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I hope it doesn’t hit number one. Not another boring getting number one. Longevity matters more because who will remember Stuck with Payola one year from now? Hell people outside of Standom don’t even know that song exists. 

white-up-pointing-index_261d.png

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

Some exhaler over here said that a #1 proves longevity when it cannot. Toxic peaked at #9 but its more iconic and timeless than any #1 single in 2019 and 2020.

Next time, say my name. Don't pretend to not know me while also trying your hardest to be me.

And no, that's not what I mean when I said "#1" and "longevity" but we been knew you almost never read posts and that's why you always do the type of clownery that you do. Stay in school, kiddo. You need to improve on your reading comprehension. Throwing "fun facts" that are easily found on Twitter and pulling out random numbers and percentages out your 4ss does not make you smart.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Next time, say my name. Don't pretend to not know me while also trying your hardest to be me.

And no, that's not what I mean when I said "#1" and "longevity" but we been knew you almost never read posts and that's why you always do the type of clownery that you do. Stay in school, kiddo. You need to improve on your reading comprehension. Throwing "fun facts" that are easily found on Twitter and pulling out random numbers and percentages out your 4ss does not make you smart.

Did i say it was you though? i just said some exhalers do say that, and i disagree.

Also stop trying to find a way to dig at me. Even if it was my intention that was talking of you, there was no point getting angry for no reason. If i did misread your post, well i am sorry. Does not mean you take it as a way to lash at me coming at my comprehension and reading skills. You get so angry when i mention you, its funny. How weird i have seen you in many occasions insult me, did i retaliate and call you the same words you call me? And when i (In YOUR PERSPECTIVE OF VIEW) "mentioned" you, you went on a whole insulting train when i did not say that much, i just said i disagreed. And i would like to ask you to STOP calling me a copycat of you.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block