Jamie Spears' lawyers asks that Britney herself appear before the judge in future conservatorship hearings

Jamie Spears' legal team is asking that Britney be present at future conservatorship hearings. 

Britney's lawyer argued that it was not necessary for her to personally appear. 

"I am the exclusive source of information in public pleadings as to what my client wants," Britney's attorney, Samuel Ingham said.

Jamie's lawyer, Lauriann Wright, wants to hear directly from Britney because she fears some of what Ingham is relaying might be hearsay. 

"Perhaps it would be best for Ms. Spears to appear so we all know what she’s thinking," Wright said. "We are not trying to force Ms. Spears into court either." 

Ingham responded, "It’s clear counsel has a larger agenda here. ...From my perspective it is self-evident that conservativees can’t file verified declarations because they lack the legal capacity to do so.”

Related:

appear.jpg.e61cff8d8ad1b73431c7ce701618156c.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Jamie and his lawyers are in for a dirty fight I see...

Britney showed up to court hearings when it was demanded by the judge that she should do so, Jamie's laywer suggesting for her to appear - clearly doubting Ingham's ability to express what Britney wants - only makes a fool of him/her cause he/she doesnt have the to power to point fingers as it is the judge who decides if Britney shows up or not.

From now on, things will only get more stressful and ugly. And I hope Britney and Ingham have a relly good plan to strike Jamie & Co once and for all in Nov 10.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, nerdygeekgrl said:

I hope she does come to future court hearings and I hope she does speak up. Let Judge Penny see she is fully capable of leading a normal life just like how she has been the past 12 yrs. 

Perhaps thst can help and be in her favor. 

she needs to be explained really thoroughly the entire situation though. They might try to use her testimony to twist it into whatever they're planning to do.

For 12 years they've never cared for her not appearing on court, and only now they want to hear what she has to say? :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

• Like 7
35 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

she needs to be explained really thoroughly the entire situation though. They might try to use her testimony to twist it into whatever they're planning to do.

For 12 years they've never cared for her not appearing on court, and only now they want to hear what she has to say? :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

Well yeah, but any non law professional would need to be thoroughly explained. Hopecully though they don't use THAT against her cuz that would be stupid. Not everyone understands legal terminology and needs stuff simplified for them. 

• Like 3

Since Jodi has become Her personal conservator I think it’s clear Britney has become more active in fighting back. James probably told her nothing about anything when he was in charge of her person.

I don’t know why he wants her to speak in court. I doubt she has nothing nice to say about him. To me it screams manipulation tactic. That strong hold he has above his family and especially Britney. I can see why she prefers to keep away from the battle personally. He has allegedly abused and manipulated her with reward type systems and probably keeps telling her @it will be different” or “end soon”. He lost his power now and as usual those type of people get weak and desperate pretty quickly. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Can Britney be present at hearings and speak? She is under a c-ship. It’s crazy they were only speaking about it today in detail. Who speaks for Britney? Jodi or Sam? 

before that it was James and Sam. 

That lawyer who used to work with wallet posted on Twitter she needs another 730 evaluation to get her voice back. 
Under the current arrangement (c/ship) her voice doesn’t matter. 
I assume this will be a focus after James is out? 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Buffybot said:

Sorry but I always thought It was weird Britney not being present for the hearings, that's her life they're talking about.

She'll have to deal with the pressure to prove she's capable enough to being an adult, responsible.

Her silence didn't help until now and only feeds the rumors about her mental state.

I agree, my grandmother always said "what is not said, has not happened and does not exist" so it is very important to verbalize what happens.

The problem is that her father and team want to make her nervous and for her to lose this battle herself (I think it is the strategy of his new lawyer) not to transmit fear or nervousness, transmit calm, see that they have nothing to lose because they, in this case, Jamie is right and wants the best interests of his daughter and his brand, they want her to speak up and under pressure and nervousness and herself to fall. The people, the media, Free Britney movement and the judge see that she is incompetent and that she needs conservatorship for life.

Several users on this forum saw this coming and saw that her father and team of Lawyers was up to something.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

11 minutes ago, LLuvia said:

I agree, my grandmother always said "what is not said has not happened and does not exist" so it is very important to verbalize what happens.

The problem is that her father and team want to make her nervous and for her to lose this battle herself (I think it is the strategy of her new lawyer) not to transmit fear or nervousness, transmit calm, see that they have nothing to lose because they, in this case, Jamie is right and wants the best interests of his daughter and his brand, they want her to speak up and under pressure and nervousness and herself to fall. The people, the media, Free Britney movement and the judge see that she is incompetent and that she needs conservatorship for life.

Several users on this forum saw this coming and saw that her father and team of Lawyers was up to something.

Exactly. I caught the segment tonight and thought the same thing. They want her there as a means to get proof that she needs to remain in the conservatorship in its current form. Jamie is her dad and her conservator. Him being there as someone who is in control can and probably will easily intimidate her.

I'm also wondering about the money they say she's blowing through. She don't go anywhere. But maybe if she's like me during this pandemic, she's been ordering lots of takeout and items lol.

• Haha 1
  • Like 3