Britney results at the MTV VMA's (Video of the Year)

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, conceptuel said:

Charlie Chaplin and Marilyn Monroe: 0 oscars :mariahstare:

Beyoncé: more Grammys than Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey & Céline Dion combined :mariahstare:

Imagine living in a world where Rihanna is more awarded than Whitney in... singing :gloria:

how can you take these award shows seriously :mariahstare: connexions/money and there u got it :wonka:

Sorry...he did :awks:

but I get what you saying lol

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Puppy said:

Britney is the 21st Marilyn Monroe, they both have very similar careers and people underestimating them. Everyone likes to compare today’s stars to Marilyn but only Britney comes close, both were the most sought after women. Both wanted to be mothers. Have totally different persona off stage, both got sent to the mental ward against their will. Marilyn even said she wasn’t crazy, she was just tired yet they took it as her acting up. 

When I first heard Marilyn's story, my heart broke. She was such a beautiful soul like Britney :yasqueen:

It's annoying how there are men who have literally done absolutely horrible things in Hollywood yet they still have more rights than Britney :katyclown:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Body ache said:

This music video/song was everywhere. 2004 was a big year for music. Britney had tough competition.

But did it make it better than Toxic, the same MV which was voted by GP as the second-most greatest music video of 00s, and is recognized as one of the most influential songs in the pop landscape? :wyd:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

The one thing that always bothers me is she didn't win vma 2004 best female video nomination as well.  Toxic was the only female video nominated for video of the year.  How on earth they didn't give her very well deserved best female video award. Btw Beyonce won that :cheese:

• Love 4

Toxic by far is the most deserving and robbed the most when it is the music video of the century :nyschool:

the fact that the following videos weren't nominated for Video of the Year is just criminal:

• ...Baby One More Time
  • Oops!...I Did It Again
  • I'm a Slave 4 U

the fact that the following videos did not even get a nomination is even more criminal:

• Lucky
  • Overprotected (Darkchild Remix)
  • Me Against the Music
  • Everytime
  • Hold It Against Me
  • even Work ***** and Slumber Party deserve to be nominated

and yet every single year, VMA uses Britney for promotion - the flesh colored outfit, the snake, the Kiss :rihit:

perhaps given the chance they would even use Gimme More for promotion :weusay:

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

The one thing that always bothers me is she didn't win vma 2004 best female video nomination as well.  Toxic was the only female video nominated for video of the year.  How on earth they didn't give her very well deserved best female video award. Btw Beyonce won that :cheese:

• Love 2

Britney's most nominated videos without winning... the MTV VMAs suck big time!!!

Britney Spears - "...Baby One More Time" (1998). It was nominated 4 times, for Best Female Video, Best Pop Video, Best Choreography and Viewer's Choice.

Britney Spears - "Toxic" (2004). It was nominated 4 times, for Best Female Video, Best Pop Video, Best Dance Video and Video of the Year.

Britney Spears - "Circus" (2008). It was nominated 5 times, for Best Choreography, Best Art Direction, Best Cinematography, Best Direction and Best Editing. 

• Love 2

Awards don’t mean **** in that industry. Hey Ya will always be loved but Toxic will never be forgotten. It’s impact will survive for lord knows how long. The song itself doesn’t age and it’s just pure pop magic. Also these grimy award shows clearly use these artists (Britney the most) but in the end Britney wins because of her talent. Her VMA performances are the only thing still being talked about, not who won what award. The music industry isn’t the sports industry where you play to win however it’s treated that way it’s a business and public personas run the show. Britney will never be an once close famous as she was because she said **** the public image and started worrying about herself which was also presented as a selfish act for a young women who busted her *** off. The true award is winning over the hearts of so many dedicated fans who care about her the person years later when she’s not out there acting out the “American Dream.”

• Love 2
On 8/8/2020 at 4:42 PM, TakeYourHand said:

Awards don’t mean **** in that industry. Hey Ya will always be loved but Toxic will never be forgotten. It’s impact will survive for lord knows how long. The song itself doesn’t age and it’s just pure pop magic. Also these grimy award shows clearly use these artists (Britney the most) but in the end Britney wins because of her talent. Her VMA performances are the only thing still being talked about, not who won what award. The music industry isn’t the sports industry where you play to win however it’s treated that way it’s a business and public personas run the show. Britney will never be an once close famous as she was because she said **** the public image and started worrying about herself which was also presented as a selfish act for a young women who busted her *** off. The true award is winning over the hearts of so many dedicated fans who care about her the person years later when she’s not out there acting out the “American Dream.”

Iconic!!!

• Like 2