Britney results at the MTV VMA's (Video of the Year)

Throughout her career, Britney was never an MTV VMA darling. In fact, she was nominated 17 times before winning her first ever Moon Person Award in 2008 after her infamous breakdown. Indeed, all the nominations where an indication of her impact in the music world and she was the driven force of pop in the US. Currently, Britney holds 6 VMAs awards, including the coveted ‘MTV Video Vanguard Award’ in 2011. The category that she has won the most is ‘Best Pop Video’, in three occasions.  

As the official ‘First Lady’ of the TRL era, she was nominated in three occasions for the Video of the Year at the MTV VMAs. Winning in 2008 for the video of “Piece Of Me”. Here are the other videos nominated for the biggest award. By the way, I consider that she should have won for “Toxic” back in 2004.

Britney have been nominated 30 times at the MTV VMA's since 1999, and won 6 awards.  

Britney’s nominations for ‘Video of the Year’ at the MTV VMAs:

1)      Britney Spears – “Toxic” (2004). She lost the award to Outkast – “Hey Ya!”.

2)      Britney Spears - “Piece Of Me” (2007). She won the award in the ceremony in 2008.

3)      Britney Spears – “Womanizer” (2008). She lost the award to Beyoncé – “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)” in 2009.

Which ones are your favorites and which one should have won?!? 

• Love 6
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

I used to think this then i looked at the nominees that year and Britney was definitely the best among them tho :orangu:

as much as i loved when i grow up by pcd, Piece of me is >>>

yeah but seeing as the vmas seem to just give out awards, if she didn't show up they probably wouldn't have given it to her. I mean winning every category? and then on the radio her saying that she's had better videos than POM. I feel like it's Larry wanting to have that big comeback narrative.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Puppy said:

yeah but seeing as the vmas seem to just give out awards, if she didn't show up they probably wouldn't have given it to her. I mean winning every category? and then on the radio her saying that she's had better videos than POM. I feel like it's Larry wanting to have that big comeback narrative.

it is sad that vma never seemed to appreciate Britney until this. Toxic deserved best female video and video of the year in 2004. They definitely used her for views too as Princess of pop had a huge comeback. VMAs never failed to use Britney for views. They show her performances before every vmas and include her in every ''vma count down'' video. 

• Love 6
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, conceptuel said:

Marilyn Monroe: 0 oscars :mariahstare:

Imagine being the biggest female cinema icon who's still remembered decades later yet the oscars never gave you an oscar :ririshade2:

28 minutes ago, conceptuel said:

Imagine living in a world where Rihanna is more awarded than Whitney in... singing :gloria:

What omg which awards????

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

I used to think this then i looked at the nominees that year and Britney was definitely the best among them tho :orangu:

as much as i loved when i grow up by pcd, Piece of me is >>>

38 minutes ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

i love piece of me music video :gloria: it is so cute and fun why ya'll hating 

Still, I think even out of the two, Gimme More was less bad than POM

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Imagine being the biggest female cinema icon who's still remembered decades later yet the oscars never gave you an oscar :ririshade2:

What omg which awards????

Britney is the 21st Marilyn Monroe, they both have very similar careers and people underestimating them. Everyone likes to compare today’s stars to Marilyn but only Britney comes close, both were the most sought after women. Both wanted to be mothers. Have totally different persona off stage, both got sent to the mental ward against their will. Marilyn even said she wasn’t crazy, she was just tired yet they took it as her acting up. 

Goes to show how ****** the industry is.

• Love 4
  • Like 2