Britney results at the MTV VMA's (Video of the Year)

1 hour ago, Joman82 said:

Britney's "Womanizer" lost to Beyoncé's "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)" in 2009.

Womanizer lost to that basic video?! 
Britney does that on instagram with her white background on a daily basis lol.

Jokes aside Womanize video (and song lol) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Single Ladies.

• Love 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Still not over the fact that Toxic was the only FEMALE video nominated for Video of the Year so technically Best Female Video should have been hers.... but no. That crap Beyoncé video which wasn't good enough to receive a nod for Video of the Year won Best Female Video. Well done, MTV. 

Awards are bought for and rigged. See Britney's winnings in 2008, even Britney herself said she's had better videos than Piece of Me. 😂

• Love 2
  • Like 1

i think these award shows kinda try to "balance" things a little bit, like maybe they were like "britney has all of the best performances of recent times maybe we should give the awards to other artists so we can cater to more people and reached a broader audience" - cause honestly even tho' it was very well deserved and its what should have happened; image the VMA's from 1999 to 2004 would've had britney win in basically every category... together with all of her performances, outfits, kissing madonna... they would've have to change the name to the britney awards. - so yes, it sucks in retrospective but if she had won every single year for ever category for 5 years in a row + all of her presence and stamp on everything MTV, every channel, every TV show, a reality TV, all of her videos on constant loop + making the videos, the specials, etc etc omg and on top of all of that she had won every single award? people would've been saturated.

• Like 1
On 8/8/2020 at 7:26 AM, 5HINee said:

The one thing that always bothers me is she didn't win vma 2004 best female video nomination as well.  Toxic was the only female video nominated for video of the year.  How on earth they didn't give her very well deserved best female video award. Btw Beyonce won that :cheese:

Yes, this is pathetic!!! Britney lost the Best Female Video in 2004 to Beyoncé's "Naughty Girl"...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2020 at 1:34 AM, Dirk said:

this! Britney was basically all day on MTV from 1999-2004, so they have to open the room for the lessers.

I just think that Slave should have won a female or dance video and Toxic deserved a female one but who cares VMAs 2004 was such a flop! 

Maybe Womanizer too, cause it’s just the reason tiktok exists and it’s like Toxic but the editing is better. (I don’t like the brunette part of Toxic, it’s not sharp, but the bed scene of Womanizer is not that good looking either).

"Slave 4 U" should have been nominated for VOTY at least...

• 11 months later...

Somehow I always felt weird about her being nominated this many times and winning just during circus era I feel it was more of a sympathy award to her! 

Also, like songs like Toxic or Slave 4 u not winning is something never sat right with me + she is the last MTV superstar, she ran MTV in the 2000s. 

• Like 1
On 8/11/2020 at 6:30 AM, Britneylandia said:

Womanizer lost to that basic video?! 
Britney does that on instagram with her white background on a daily basis lol.

Jokes aside Womanize video (and song lol) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Single Ladies.

Well, Beyonce wins a lot how does she? IDK but Single ladies is her much remembered video I guess I mean if Formation can be the greatest video of all time so Single ladies should win 432233355587655 awards by now. 

it didn't make sense for Britney to win anything - she was already the queen of the VMA's like no was... at the end of the day its a business and she couldn't just win all of the categories, MTV had to give airtime to other artists and be sure to please the crowds. at the time MTV was basically britney spears TV so they had to give awards to others.

the moon men she won were bought for / an apology for 2007 - we all know those were not the songs / videos that deserved the awards.

you can tell MTV knows this, cause otherwise how would it make sense that she is basically one of 5 people that holds the video vanguard award and has basically no moon men.

• Like 1
On 8/8/2020 at 5:34 AM, PokemonSpears said:

the power of the conservatorship paying for that comeback :gagasmile:

well, supposedly the fans voted for it, but still, why would it be even nominated in the first place :ugh:

Well just look at the other nominees that year, POM deserved it the most. 

Although among all Britney videography it definitely pales in comparison, so it IS funny that it got 3 awards💀but slay anyway.🔥

Tbh, all three nominations deserved an award, Toxic the most by far! It's absurd that it didn't win that night.

And then Womanizer, it's Toxic 2.0, another movie-like video, cinematic masterpiece, although Single Ladies is cool, simple but iconic so I'm not that mad...

But the fact that only 3 Britney videos were nominated is unbelievable.

BOMT? Oops? Stronger? Slave? Overprotected remix? Some of them could've at least been nominated for God's sake! MTV wouldn't be the same without them, music industry wouldn't be the same!

• Love 1
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Lil-Jay said:

Well just look at the other nominees that year, POM deserved it the most. 

Although among all Britney videography it definitely pales in comparison, so it IS funny that it got 3 awards💀but slay anyway.🔥

Tbh, all three nominations deserved an award, Toxic the most by far! It's absurd that it didn't win that night.

And then Womanizer, it Toxic 2.0, another movie-like video, although Single Ladies is cool, simple but iconic. 

But the fact that only 3 Britney videos were nominated is unbelievable.

BOMT? Oops? Stronger? Slave? Overprotected remix? Some of them could've at least been nominated for God's sake! MTV wouldn't be the same without them, music industry wouldn't be the same!

POM totally deserved that WIN!!!

• Love 1