Dua Lipa & The Blessed Madonna’s “Club Future Nostalgia" Debuts at 28

The Good in Bed Zach Witness and Gen Hoshino remix starts off as a massive improvement of the original and then descends into a bit of a mess towards the end. :nyheadache:

The Pretty Please remixes are both very uninspiring. I feel like the Masters at Work Remix would at least be fun to dance to in an actual club though :jumpney:

Unfortunately, it definitely *sounds* like it's been made in quarantine in secret. 

Okay I've finished. The only song I even remotely liked aside from the Levitating remix (which is honestly like Mozart compared to the rest of the album :crying4:) is the rather excellent Love is Religion, though I'd like to hear the original someday and compare it.

Yeah, this... wasn't a good listening experience. I was really rooting for it but it's messy, poorly-produced and quite dull for what was intended to be this hyper club experience. I do really admire Dua's efforts but I feel like this has put a dampener on the FN era- I hope she releases a Complete Confection-esque deluxe/ expanded edition of the original album to redeem it. :tiffsniffle:

• Love 3

I think all of us should've lowered our expectations. These aren't those kinds of remixes. Dula Peep said "Club Future Nostalgia", and she delivered. It's very true to its name. I hate remixes in general, and the whole non stop club mix shtick is even less so my thing. I knew I wouldn't like this. :heresthetea: Also, if she had the audacity to include "Kiss and Make Up", she could've just cut "Boys Will Boys". A song like that has no place in the club. :rupaulslap: Another thing... Doesn't this pretty much confirm a 'Side B' / 'Deluxe'?! I just don't see her releasing remixes of unreleased songs, and then not releasing the original versions. I mean, Jive did do that with "And Then We Kiss", but still... :cheersney: 

• Love 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I think all of us should've lowered our expectations. These aren't those kinds of remixes. Dula Peep said "Club Future Nostalgia", and she delivered. It's very true to its name. I hate remixes in general, and the whole non stop club mix shtick is even less so my thing. I knew I wouldn't like this. :heresthetea: Also, if she had the audacity to include "Kiss and Make Up", she could've just cut "Boys Will Boys". A song like that has no place in the club. :rupaulslap: Another thing... Doesn't this pretty much confirm a 'Side B' / 'Deluxe'?! I just don't see her releasing remixes of unreleased songs, and then not releasing the original versions. I mean, Jive did do that with "And Then We Kiss", but still... :cheersney: 

I listened to some of the artists prior and that type of “club” is not my type of club. I need bangers not stand there side to side boppin with a drink in hand :pleaseshhh:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block