Facebook is now labeling #FreeBritney posts as fake news, using the new USA Today article as a reference

The #FreeBritney movement began as legitimate concern and questioning over why a 38-year-old woman has been placed in a guardianship usually reserved for people who are disabled and elderly when she's been on world tours and years-long Las Vegas residencies and launched other business ventures etc.

But the conspiracy theories that have abounded from this with no concrete facts or evidence — not "hunches" or assumptions based on speculation — is probably why, looking at strict facts and official documents that contain what limited public information there is on this, has likely led Facebook to lean on the USA Today report, which only relied on public statements and documents. 

This is basically what Bradley Stern and T. Kyle MacMahon of the It's Britney, ***** podcast got at. And it's where I stand, too.

I study Linguistics, the way the article was written using PASSIVE VOICE is already proof that the intention is to NOT state WHO is making the important initial decisions and, therefore, who's really responsible. Also, many of those decisions are credited directly to "a judge", when in fact the conservatorship is ASKED to a court, isn't that right? I mean of course, once the conservatorship is in place, it's the judge who has to approve each move, but he/she didn't come from thin air to control Britney's life/finances, he/she was appointed by members of her family in the first place, that's my point. And other verbs like "Jamie Spears SERVED as..." make him look like he's this lovely, caring father who just happens to find himself in that position and doing a service rather than receiving money directly from her daughter:

A year after Spears suffered a widely publicized mental breakdown, a judge tasked her father with looking after her finances and life decisions.

Jamie Spears served as her co-conservator alongside lawyer Andrew Wallet, until Wallet resigned. Her father continued as her sole conservator of her person and estate until he stepped down as conservator of person in September 2019. He was replaced by professional conservator Jodi Montgomery, who was appointed by a judge to care for Britney Spears’ security, visitors, medical treatment and other things. It's assumed Jamie Spears stepped down due to health issues, USA TODAY reported.

Oh and the last sentence: "It's ASSUMED Jamie Spears stepped down due to health issues"... They are a news website and they can't even provide the public with that basic information? What are they really informing then, and what is their source? Then we as fans (people who really pay attention to Britney and her life, and don't just write an article once in a while about her as a job) can assume as much as them. Facebook's reason to use USA Today as a source is quite weak.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

Facebook (and Instagram, who's also owned by FB) needs to fire those new 'independent'  fact checkers. I've seen so many posts on FB and Insta with actual facts been flagged as Fake News by their new 'independent' fact checkers. They're obviously biased and not credible in their sources often.

6 hours ago, jokobish said:

Ok but now they’re making it look SO silly ... her eyelashes spell “CALL 911” .... like what the *** ??? It’s becoming a joke now

6 hours ago, Towelney said:

Yeah, I agree with you on that :well:

I’m starting to dislike these ‘WEAR GREEN IF YOU NEED HELP’ comments that she keeps getting on every single Instagram post.. I feel like some people are starting to just have a laugh about the situation and that’s what we’re NOT gonna do:badthoughts:

• Like 3