What makes a flop song a flop song?

A song that doesn't chart. I think we forget that charting means a song is impacting and connecting somewhere no matter how "low" the song might be it is still and incredible feat to chart. Even on the lower end of the charts those songs are still massively connecting. Quality depends on who you ask but charting no matter where means you're reaching a massive amount of people who love your song and that's their ideal of quality. People's opinions lie, are biased and change over time but charts do not. 

On 7/22/2020 at 1:35 AM, bitbitboi said:

Sometimes the song/album/artist is not the flop, but the fans. Like fake US fans, who only bought 157,000 copies of "Glory" the first week. The album is a masterpiece, those fans are a flop. :tired:

gurl

How many times am i going to freaking tell u :badthoughts:

THE ALBUM DIDNT SELL 157K COPIES IN ITS FIRST WEEK :lessons:

THE ALBUM SOLD ONLY 111K IN ITS FIRST WEEK :leaving:

THE ALBUM SOLD 157K IN ITS FIRST WEEK INTERNATIONALLLLYYYYYYY :lessons:

YOU ARE LITERALLY BURNING ME UP :gunriah:

• Haha 1
On 7/22/2020 at 12:02 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

Oddly most of the flops Like Madonna's Erotica, American life,  Hard Candy

Hard candy wasnt a flop...:wtfdidusay:

The album sold 280k in its first week and debuted at no.1, was the 11th best selling album (merely missed the top 10) of 2008. had a no.1 hit, and sold 4 million copies WW which for a act thats been performing for 3 decades is pretty good :girlwhat: 

Not to mention the sticky & sweet tour which became the highest grossing female tour :umok:

7 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

gurl

How many times am i going to freaking tell u :badthoughts:

THE ALBUM DIDNT SELL 157K COPIES IN ITS FIRST WEEK :lessons:

THE ALBUM SOLD ONLY 111K IN ITS FIRST WEEK :leaving:

THE ALBUM SOLD 157K IN ITS FIRST WEEK INTERNATIONALLLLYYYYYYY :lessons:

YOU ARE LITERALLY BURNING ME UP :gunriah:

Then it's even WORSE! I bought my copy, did you buy your copy? WHO DIDN'T BUY THEIR COPY?!
That still makes US fans fake, it's not like Britney was born in India.
Now I'm updating my RIGHTFULLY ANNOYING phrase to "US fake fans bought only 111,000 copies in the first week". Are you happy now?? Now shut up, put the gun down and hug me.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, bitbitboi said:

Then it's even WORSE! I bought my copy, did you buy your copy? WHO DIDN'T BUY THEIR COPY?!
That still makes US fans fake, it's not like Britney was born in India.
Now I'm updating my RIGHTFULLY ANNOYING phrase to "US fake fans bought only 111,000 copies in the first week". Are you happy now?? Now shut up, put the gun down and hug me.

Thank you :hugs:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block