POP ANNIVERSARY: Kylie Minogue's 'Step Back In Time: The Definitive Collection'

Just now, Towelney said:

Well...I’ve only heard: Can’t Get You Out of My Head, Sexercise, Dancing, and Get Outta My Way.

What album of hers should I listen to first?

(Prefer one that’s in the 21st century) :unbothered:

Start with Light Years and work (bish) your way through. Fever is considered an essential and quite timeless. 
X is like her Blackout and is excellent. 
Body Language was ahead of its time. Red Blooded Woman effing slays :duadance:

I would say the SAW era of Kylie is also timeless to the audience that grew up with the first successful era of Kylie.

Saw era kylie saw Kylie outselling Madonna in the UK and Australia,  Though if you watch her Live in Dublin on YouTube she was a horrible live singer at that time, overtime she gotten better as her shows are never mic off. 

She really can't dance. This has led kylie fans to say Both Britney and Rihanna should take notes from Kylie on how to deliver on stage. 

Her shows are really really gay. Even her Golden tour was a country meets disco gay affair.  

I do notice the OG kylie fans are really more critical on like Autotune tracks Like New york city, or The kiss me once album. 

While the millennial kylie fans embraced the autotuned.

But  both equally hate Impossible princess and Golden. 

And Both celebrated when Kylie Minogue took Kylie Jenner to court and won the rights to the "Kylie " name on business brands. 

I'm still shocked this wasn't mentioned in keeping up with the Kardashians 

5 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I would say the SAW era of Kylie is also timeless to the audience that grew up with the first successful era of Kylie.

Saw era kylie saw Kylie outselling Madonna in the UK and Australia,  Though if you watch her Live in Dublin on YouTube she was a horrible live singer at that time, overtime she gotten better as her shows are never mic off. 

She really can't dance. This has led kylie fans to say Both Britney and Rihanna should take notes from Kylie on how to deliver on stage. 

Her shows are really really gay. Even her Golden tour was a country meets disco gay affair.  

I do notice the OG kylie fans are really more critical on like Autotune tracks Like New york city, or The kiss me once album. 

While the millennial kylie fans embraced the autotuned.

But  both equally hate Impossible princess and Golden. 

And Both celebrated when Kylie Minogue took Kylie Jenner to court and won the rights to the "Kylie " name on business brands. 

I'm still shocked this wasn't mentioned in keeping up with the Kardashians 

As I’ve said before, as a millennial I prefer Kylie from this side of the millennium. Her earlier stuff hasn’t aged as well for me, but I’m sure the people that grew up with it have more nostalgia attached and appreciate it more than I can. 
I didn’t mind Golden, but there was a real trend of pop artists doing country/blues albums late 10’s (looking at Kesha and Gaga) and country music just isn’t my vibe. 
And yes! I can’t believe the Kylie vs Kylips wasn’t on KUWTK. They love publicity good or bad. Guess not when they lose against a real icon though :clicktina:

36 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

As I’ve said before, as a millennial I prefer Kylie from this side of the millennium. Her earlier stuff hasn’t aged as well for me, but I’m sure the people that grew up with it have more nostalgia attached and appreciate it more than I can. 
I didn’t mind Golden, but there was a real trend of pop artists doing country/blues albums late 10’s (looking at Kesha and Gaga) and country music just isn’t my vibe. 
And yes! I can’t believe the Kylie vs Kylips wasn’t on KUWTK. They love publicity good or bad. Guess not when they lose against a real icon though :clicktina:

Oh I understand,  But I guess since I'm an older millenial (Born in 84), I grew up with that music, And the videos and actually have my first memories established in 87 and 88. 

The older millennials turn 40 Next year and The youngest ones just turned 25 years old this year. 

• Like 1

there are many songs of hers that I like, but from that compilation, I'd say

• Can't Get You Outta My Head
  • Timebomb
  • I Believe in You
  • Get Outta My Way
  • In My Arms
  • All the Lovers

But there are other songs that I like from hers

(and apparently most are from the same album lol I didn't even know :orangu: )

Also, I don't know how many people know this, but in Mexico, the version that we got on the radio for In My Arms, was this collaboration with Aleks Syntek

Just now, PokemonSpears said:

I don't even know how I got to listen to it in the first place. I'm almost certain it was someone from the other forum

Whoever that was, has taste. Cause s/he picked KMO and not Aphrodite. There's so many other Kylie records I'll pick for you to listen to and Aphrodite (although a good album) is not one of the top priorities. :mattafact:

12 hours ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

1872072451_images-2020-06-29T091652_037.jpeg.138b71fe80b06f017015d73192d7e051.jpeg

Upon seeing some love for the Australian Princess of Pop on here lately, I have decided to commemorate the 1 year anniversary of her fourth major greatest hits album, Step Back In Time: The Definitive Collection with this thread. 

On the 28th of June 2019, Kylie released this collection of bops, including one new song, New York City, originally recorded for during the “Golden” recording sessions and it. is. a. bop :duadance:

Obviously including all of her hits past and present, the album debuted at number 1 in Australia and the UK, staying in the top 5 of the latter for 3 weeks. This marks her 6th and 7th number 1 album in Australia and the UK respectively. 

Greatest Hits albums may be on the way out, but when you’ve got a career spanning 4 decades, it’s a great way for a new audience to discover you. And Kylie has bops for days. 

What do you guys think of Kylie? Have you heard her definitive collection? What are your favourite Kylie songs? I love In Your Eyes, Please Stay, 2 Hearts, Slow, In My Arms, Love Affair, Come Into My World, ugh too many to list tbh. Please discuss. 

Her best greatest hits collection 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Love Kylie ❤

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block