POP ANNIVERSARY: Kylie Minogue's 'Step Back In Time: The Definitive Collection'

1872072451_images-2020-06-29T091652_037.jpeg.138b71fe80b06f017015d73192d7e051.jpeg

Upon seeing some love for the Australian Princess of Pop on here lately, I have decided to commemorate the 1 year anniversary of her fourth major greatest hits album, Step Back In Time: The Definitive Collection with this thread. 

On the 28th of June 2019, Kylie released this collection of bops, including one new song, New York City, originally recorded for during the “Golden” recording sessions and it. is. a. bop :duadance:

Obviously including all of her hits past and present, the album debuted at number 1 in Australia and the UK, staying in the top 5 of the latter for 3 weeks. This marks her 6th and 7th number 1 album in Australia and the UK respectively. 

Greatest Hits albums may be on the way out, but when you’ve got a career spanning 4 decades, it’s a great way for a new audience to discover you. And Kylie has bops for days. 

What do you guys think of Kylie? Have you heard her definitive collection? What are your favourite Kylie songs? I love In Your Eyes, Please Stay, 2 Hearts, Slow, In My Arms, Love Affair, Come Into My World, ugh too many to list tbh. Please discuss. 

Edited by Roxxy
Featured. TEEHEE 💛🧡💜
  • Content Curators

My fave songs are in this order

1 Get Outta My Way

2 Can't Get You Out Of My Head

3 I Believe In You

4 Come Into My World

5 All The Lovers

I absolutely love Aphrodite,the music  the cover and photoshoot for that album are one of my all time favorite ever.

I never get sick of saying how beautiful she is. I also love a performance she did with Scissor Sisters for their song Any Which Way, the way she walks out and everyone becomes excited gives me life.

I wanna be there when you touch fire

As a millenial, I discovered her during the Light Years era, Spinning Around. And I've followed her ever since. I have her albums in physical - Fever, Body Language, and her greatest hits Ultimate Kylie. :barbie:

I really only play the second disc of Ultimate cause that's the only era I care for. But of course I like some of the older songs like Better the Devil You Know, The Locomotion, and Especially For You. :mattafact:

My top 5 Kylie songs are 💛🧡💜

1. In Your Eyes
2. Please Stay
3. Get Outta My Way
4. Can't Get You Out of My Head
5. I Believe in You

5 minutes ago, Midnight said:

My fave songs are in this order

1 Get Outta My Way

2 Can't Get You Out Of My Head

3 I Believe In You

4 Come Into My World

5 All The Lovers

I absolutely love Aphrodite,the music  the cover and photoshoot for that album are one of my all time favorite ever.

I never get sick of saying how beautiful she is. I also love a performance she did with Scissor Sisters for their song Any Which Way, the way she walks out and everyone becomes excited gives me life.

kylie minogue glastonbury2019 GIF by Glastonbury Festival

Good top 5. I Believe In You is SO good :urite:

I haven’t seen the performance you mentioned, but I’ll check it out (I hate Scissor Sisters though :jl:

4 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

As a millenial, I discovered her during the Light Years era, Spinning Around. And I've followed her ever since. I have her albums in physical - Fever, Body Language, and her greatest hits Ultimate Kylie. :barbie:

I really only play the second disc of Ultimate cause that's the only era I care for. But of course I like some of the older songs like Better the Devil You Know, The Locomotion, and Especially For You. :mattafact:

My top 5 Kylie songs are 💛🧡💜

1. In Your Eyes
2. Please Stay
3. Get Outta My Way
4. Can't Get You Out of My Head
5. I Believe in You

The taste in this comment is off the charts tbh :nyschool:
I discovered her during the Impossible Princess era and didn’t think much of her, but then Light Years, Fever and Body Language came to show me the light. 
Agreed that Kylie is better this side of the millennium. Some of her classics are okay, but modern Kylie outsold, out-charted and out-impacted :mhm: 
And your top 5 :yesplease:

• Content Curators
2 minutes ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

kylie minogue glastonbury2019 GIF by Glastonbury Festival

Good top 5. I Believe In You is SO good :urite:

I haven’t seen the performance you mentioned, but I’ll check it out (I hate Scissor Sisters though :jl:

The video though for I Believe it's :whiteladydance: I love it.

:haha: Well I don't really like Scissor Sisters ether but they have some okay songs. I liked some of Jake Shears songs off his latest album but yeah watch the performance and tell me what you think.

I wanna be there when you touch fire

3 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Kylie has an amazing collection of music. So many different styles and reinventions. She’s criminally under appreciated in America. 

Can’t relate because she’s so beloved here :makeup:

But seriously, you’re right. I feel like Kylie has been one of the most adaptable artists, much like Madonna. Careers spanning 4 decades aren’t build on one style or sound. She’s really managed to keep up. Her biggest eras were she was in her 30’s! :urite: 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block