Colombia's gift to the world: Shakira - Appreciation Thread

• Content Curators

Shakira is 43 years old and was born in. Barranquilla Colombia and is half Lebanese and half Colombian 

Her career is over THIRTY years old 

she has released 11 albums and has broken records for Latinas in the United States firstly being the first South American to get a #1 in the bb 200 with hips don’t lie 

her early on Latina rock career set her as a household name in many spanish speaking households and her crossover to English music set Her as a global superstar with laundry service her first English album being one of the best selling albums of that year with hits like 

whenever wherever and underneath your clothes 

her iconic belly dancing Caught the eye of many and was basically trademarked by her song hips don’t lie which they surely don’t 

Including both Latin and United States she is a 15 time GRAMMY winner yes folks 15 

her music is endless and has immense popularity especially after she became a World Cup head Star with international hit waka waka 

• Content Curators

her last album 

5m copies ww

two singles from her last album (2017)

got 2.5 billion views+ 

the rest all got 400-800m views 

she had a sold out stadium tour in 2017
she is truly still relevant and has a had a long successful career 

and not to forget about this years half time show Shakira Halftime GIF by ADWEEK

I'm not a fan of her, I mean I don't have her songs on my playlist
But I really, really do appreciate her talent, I think she is truly talented 
Sometimes I play her videos on youtube, and I see some mean comments, like "she's unlistenable, she sounds like goose" :pika:
People can be so boorish, I understand you don't have to like her, but... 
I was wondering why people can be so rude to her. And I think mediocre persons need to make themselves feel better by offending persons who are uniqe and original, like Shakira is. They can't stand that someone can be so wonderful, while they are like nothing. 
So big thumbs up for Shakira :clap1:

24 minutes ago, carlosallauca said:

@PokemonSpears how dare you to NOT include Shakira's album "THE REMIXES" (1997) it's a CLASSIC.

I was trying to post all the albums before someone else commented :haha:

And since that album doesn't have singles or official videos, I decided to pass. I didn't include the stand-alone singles either, but y'all are free to share it, as well as all the music videos that are missing (I only put the lead singles) 

41 minutes ago, LELE said:

the best is this oneeeeeeeee at grammys her most **** performance, the arrangement, everything. 

38 minutes ago, carlosallauca said:

@PokemonSpears how dare you to NOT include Shakira's album "THE REMIXES" (1997) it's a CLASSIC.

is a good remix album i got 4 favorites this one, the Jennifer lopez remix 2002 (the best remix album ever), the destiny's child  remix album and B in the MIX VOL. 1 (With an then we kiss)

• Content Curators

My favorite album is Donde Estan Los Ladrones ? I love that entire album.

My fave songs are Te Dejo Madrid, Suerte, Tu, La Tortura, Las De La Intuicion, Hips Dont Lie, Loca Por ti, La Despedida, and Devocion

My least fave album was She Wolf 

Give It Up To Me is so underated, it's such a good song.

Beautiful Liar was also amazing even though the song was bland the video was perfect.

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block