Colombia's gift to the world: Shakira - Appreciation Thread

Not some of y'all side-eyeing me for implying that Jewel and Shakira sound the same when they really do. :cackling:  I remember thinking that Whenever, Wherever was a Jewel song when I first heard it, because idk who Shakira was at the time.

And I haven't heard a Shakira song on the radio since... I wanna say Waka Waka?

• Content Curators
2 hours ago, Stefani said:

Not some of y'all side-eyeing me for implying that Jewel and Shakira sound the same when they really do. :cackling:  I remember thinking that Whenever, Wherever was a Jewel song when I first heard it, because idk who Shakira was at the time.

Who the hell is jewel :huh:

also her song with Rihanna was played a lot on the radios as well as chantaje despite it being a spanish song well atleast in the north east of the US

queen of continuing to smash YouTube views with billions and billions of views 30 years into her career

during the 2010s she’s been more into the Latin market so she’s been smashing charts and all there

her last album sold 5 million copies and won two Grammys :urite:

• Content Curators
2 hours ago, Stefani said:

Ok so I just listened to a few seconds of some of her songs 

ur not completely wrong but Shakira has that Arabic/Latin twang to her voice 

On 6/25/2020 at 4:29 PM, Stefani said:

I really don't see the resemblance. Jewel's sound and style is so much softer and calmer (and boring-ish) than Shakira's, at least the few Jewel songs I remember. I mean, Shakira does have some slow songs, but overall her style has always been more upbeat and fun, and her roots were more rock/pop, but well, you say you didn't know her before Whenever, Wherever.

She's definitely had more hits since Waka Waka (though they aren't particularly my favorite part of Shakira's career)

Chantaje with 2.5B views (Slumber Party was once above this video, for like a week lol ) 

Shakira was my first big pop star obsession. When Laundry Service came out I loved her so much. Then with Fijación Oral and Oral Fixation I was obsessed. I remember learning all the lyrics to No then proceeding to learning more of her Spanish music. I used to study her Spanish lyrics and the translations, and she helped me learn a lot of Spanish. She is a true talent and an amazing human being. I’m so fortunate to live in a time where I can appreciate her abilities. I get into a mood where I want to experience something genuine and authentic, and I can, a lot of times, count on Shakira’s music to feel natural and like myself again. I say a lot of times, because sometimes I need to listen to something other than pop music. Also I love her **** music where I can embrace that part of myself as well. Her voice is the most unique in my opinion out of the major pop stars. I know I’m fan girling, but I love Shakira so much I just can’t help it! I spent a lot of money to see her live in Spain in A Coruna, but she cancelled the concert, and I never got my money back lol. It is a dream of mine to see her live. 

24 minutes ago, Alxatc said:

I spent a lot of money to see her live in Spain in A Coruna, but she cancelled the concert, and I never got my money back lol. It is a dream of mine to see her live. 

When was the concert scheduled? Hopefully they give you your money back at some point. That’s not cool

1 hour ago, OnlyFacts said:

When was the concert scheduled? Hopefully they give you your money back at some point. That’s not cool

It was like two and a half years ago.... I got it from some website called Seatwave... it’s a lost cause. But I got to spend one random night in the city A Coruna lol

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block