Prince vs Michael Jackson

1 minute ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

One's not a potential predator, so I'm going with Prince. :idkney: Music wise still gotta give it to MJ, though. :gagacrash:

if we are gonna go music wise  Prince was way more diverse with his sound .. micheal stuck to mainly same sound for his career 

11 hours ago, migeal said:

if we are gonna go music wise  Prince was way more diverse with his sound .. micheal stuck to mainly same sound for his career 

Off the wall- Disco

Thriller- Pop, rock, funk with disco elements

Bad- Rn'B, Soul, Dance, Pop, Rock

Dangerous- New jack swing, pop

HIStory- Pop, hip-hop

Invincible- Pop, Rn'B, Soul

Okay boo:parisok:

• Love 5

I respect Prince as an artist and acknowledge that he was arguably more creative and talented than Michael... but I just never really got into Prince's music. I think his hits were iconic and all that, but I preferred Michael's discography overall. I also liked Michael more as a person; Prince just felt too cold and distant and was a total diva from what I've read about him and witnessed in some of his interviews. 

• Love 2

I may get hate for this but I can honestly say I don’t like one Prince song. My mom is a die hard Prince fan and I just can’t get into his music. I tried and tried. On the other hand, I like every Michael Jackson record and became a hard core stan from 2009-2013 (I still love his music but I didn’t like the two posthumous albums that were put out) 

I love both but Prince for life. He was the most diverse of the two. People don't seem to realize how much talent Prince had. He was a guitar virtuoso, could play every instrument with ease, had an incredible 5 octave range, wrote and composed nearly every song he ever performed, and could dance like few could. :barbie: He will forever be my male idol and in my top ten artists, somewhere after Britney, Selena, and George Michael. :mhm:

On 6/8/2020 at 1:45 PM, iAlwaysSingLive said:

One's not a potential predator, so I'm going with Prince. :idkney: Music wise still gotta give it to MJ, though. :gagacrash:

I guess you don't know who Mayte is. :selenerz: :imhere:

Spoiler

Not that I don't love them together. They were a gorgeous couple who shouldn't have suffered such tragedy. :kyliecry:

• Love 1

Who cares if you're "better this" and "better that" if you cannot make people fall in love with you?
And I honestly don't know a single Prince song (except for the chorus for "Purple Rain"), let alone music videos, whereas MJ's legacy is all over the world in popular culture. Period.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block