Glory Album would have been singles

migeal

Love me down was a song that had potential of being a single the beat was fresh and reminded me of her older song The Hook Up which was way ahead of its time with dance floor music and its fresh beat.. Liar as well wud have been a good single , her raspy voice on the song was a new style  and suited her a lot   , a mashup i did of the song liar with an eminem song that both sounded perfectly suited for eachother ...                

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Dexwhitespears said:

If i'm dancing is possibly the biggest lost opportunity in recent years. That was a perfect platform to explode on a larger audience. The song had so much potential to be a phenomenon in the current social media space. :yaknow:

This!!! 

If I’m Dancing 100% should’ve been a single, it had started to go viral around when the album was released and they should’ve cashed in on it and made it the 2nd single in September 2016! Tbh If I’m Dancing is the most single worthy song on the album in my opinion, it’s different, catchy, and fun! 

Ideally the singles should’ve been 

Make Me 

If I’m Dancing 

Slumber Party

Love Me Down 

15 minutes ago, Dexwhitespears said:

If i'm dancing is possibly the biggest lost opportunity in recent years. That was a perfect platform to explode on a larger audience. The song had so much potential to be a phenomenon in the current social media space. :yaknow:

true I’ve always thought of it it’s just a ‘hit or miss’ song either it explodes either it flops

it’s also incredibly original and never heard 

but yeah when it comes to missed opportunities her management is a champion, and it’s been the same since ‘Criminal’ 

14 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

This!!! 

If I’m Dancing 100% should’ve been a single, it had started to go viral around when the album was released and they should’ve cashed in on it and made it the 2nd single in September 2016! Tbh If I’m Dancing is the most single worthy song on the album in my opinion, it’s different, catchy, and fun! 

Ideally the singles should’ve been 

Make Me 

If I’m Dancing 

Slumber Party

Love Me Down 

She has been on a re-hashing spree. Wishful thinking but she should release if im dancing as a single in the next week or so, start some instagram or tic tock challenge (the song has so much potential for one of those stupid *** challenges), and finally release a random, no production value, shot on her phone dancing video of her just goofing around. Man, i so wish this would happen. :wontcry:

Glory was a moment in Britney’s career, indeed, a moment of identity crisis. To me, it doesn’t sound as Britney at all. They chased the trends and ended up looking like Selena Gomez. I’m not hating on it, but to me Circus and Blackout, heck, even Femme Fatale > Glory. 
Glory lacks hits. It’s cohesive, but there’s no one song that scream Britney or hit single. Make Me is a cute intro to the era, but Mood Ring is superior. Slumber Party is great as the 2nd single, but remixed by a proper r&b or rap artist. I would have closed the era with Do You Wanna Come Over? and a proper video for it, and then moving on as nothing happened. No wonder Britney never mentioned it again.  :tiffcackle:

RCA US and RCA UK spent 4 months or so fighting over Just Luv Me and Slumber Party. Meanwhile If Im Dancing was going viral, Better called JB fans attention, Come Over had great stream numbers, the fanbase was praising Change Your Mind and there were rumors Britney wanted Love Me Down as the second single.

There was no way her team or her label had the competence to handle that era. So many great songs and so many lost oportunities :katycry:

Any of these could have been singles: Man on the Moon, Just Luv Me, Do You Wanna Come Over, Love Me Down, Better, Change Your Mind, Liar

DYWCO really should have been the second single. 

I wish I could like the Leaving Heaven/Liar mashup but it's a bit noisy.

Archived