Britney Spears' "Mood Ring" hits #1 on the US iTunes chart

20 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

the full iTunes chart or just the pop chart?! :parisok: if the former, then I'm quite impressed even if iTunes doesn't really mean jack-**** in 2020 :sipney:

Because streaming is the #1 way the world consumes music it’s easy to think that....but in actuality, sales far outweigh streams when it comes to hot 100 charting. You need thousands of streams to equal one digital sale...iTunes is the reason why Lady Gaga and Ariana are going to debut at number one on hot 100.

All of the other songs within the top 10 had a much larger streaming and radio audience than Rain On Me for the past tracking week...but the fact that Rain On Me sold so much more than those other artists on iTunes is why they are going to number 1. 

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Gayseus911 said:

But will it chart on billboard? :watrusayin:

If they do some sort of promotion(maybe some ig videos or a lyric video on yt) it could. It hasn't been out for more than 24 hours and it's already no 1, the streams will build up till next week. The music is slow during this pandemic.

It could at least chart low on hot100 :praisega:

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, Gayseus911 said:

But will it chart on billboard? :watrusayin:

Sales far outweigh streams (you need thousands of streams to equal one digital sale)..Even without radio and just okay streaming, Mood Ring could still have a massive debut if the sales stay up throughout the week and at the level they currently are above the rest of the Itunes top 10. 

twitter is having a sales and streaming party in less than one hour for Mood Ring! 

• Love 6