Britney Spears' "Mood Ring" hits #1 on the US iTunes chart

Ok guys I've made a Spotify playlist full of Mood Ring

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/77FxorrlYXwG31dr0g8CxS?si=Iuk7dCSuSuuGW-OU12X3yA

You all can access spotify web on any browser and you can let it play forever on repeat.

For those outside US there is an extension for Chrome, Firefox etc (no Safari unfortunately) named "Hola" that lets you change the VPN to USA in order to have a chance the song to chart on the bb hot100! There are also other VPN apps but this one is easiest to use imo.

Also, recharge that old iPhone 3GS from your drawer and play Mood Ring on loop restlessly haha

We've got this, Britney-Army!! :makeitrain:

• Love 5
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, 1inamillion said:

I just hope this will bring a huuuge smile on her face and know that we love her no matter what.🙏:makeitrain:

She'll be like "what is a mood ring?"

Jokingggg she better aknowledge this big achievement

What time is it in Los Angeles?

• Love 2
  • Haha 5
4 minutes ago, IonutM said:

Ok guys I've made a Spotify playlist full of Mood Ring

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/77FxorrlYXwG31dr0g8CxS?si=Iuk7dCSuSuuGW-OU12X3yA

You all can access spotify web on any browser and you can let it play forever on repeat.

For those outside US there is an extension for Chrome, Firefox etc (no Safari unfortunately) named "Hola" that lets you change the VPN to USA in order to have a chance the song to chart on the bb hot100! There are also other VPN apps but this one is easiest to use imo.

Also, recharge that old iPhone 3GS from your drawer and play Mood Ring on loop restlessly haha

We've got this, Britney-Army!! :makeitrain:

Playing it now! :barbie:

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Army1 said:

Because streaming is the #1 way the world consumes music it’s easy to think that....but in actuality, sales far outweigh streams when it comes to hot 100 charting. You need thousands of streams to equal one digital sale...iTunes is the reason why Lady Gaga and Ariana are going to debut at number one on hot 100.

All of the other songs within the top 10 had a much larger streaming and radio audience than Rain On Me for the past tracking week...but the fact that Rain On Me sold so much more than those other artists on iTunes is why they are going to number 1. 

It's really not that hard to make songs chart on iTunes. K-Pop fans do it all the time even though they're a tiny minority, and the songs never end up charting on actual charts. Most people don't buy albums or songs from iTunes anymore, so the charting mostly depends on fans' purchases. The GP either streams or buys physical albums. That's why Britney dethroning Gaga is not that big of a deal (fans and a few people from the GP that still buy albums on iTunes purchased "Chromatica" when it came out and that's it). If fans keep buying the song in bulk, it will probably stay #1, but once it stops, "Mood Ring" will free-fall because literally no one cares about it besides fans. I mean, I'm willing to stand corrected, but I'm 99,99% sure it won't chart on Billboard. :sipney: Look at how pathetic the views are on YouTube. Then, compare it to "Sour Candy". That's a pretty good reflection of overall streams. :parisok: I mean, don't get me wrong, it's really cool that a b-side from 2016 can chart so high, but let's not kid ourselves and pretend that anyone but her fans cares. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer, but it's true. :smokney2:

• Like 1