Britney Spears' "Mood Ring" hits #1 on the US iTunes chart

1 minute ago, Roxxy said:

Mood Ring is about 💛🧡💜 when you just wanna be in the mood !!! 🌸🌸🌸 but you wanna wear a ring !!! 💍💍💍 at the same time !!! 🍎🍎🍎 by demand !!! 🐝🐝🐝

NGG GNNFNFNFNFNFNFNFNGNNGNFNFNFNFNFNFNFNFNFNFNNFNFNFNFNFNEJ

HI GUYS JUST WOKE UP AND FOUND OUT MY SONG MOOD BRACELET IS NUMBER 1 ON SPOTIFY! 

• Haha 5
23 minutes ago, Arianna said:

How do we keep it at #1? I wanna buy more copies but only have a phone not a computer

You can buy it twice on iTunes with just one account, there are 2 different versions of the song!! And you can create new iTunes accounts and but it from there again and again. You can also but it on Amazon, I heard it’s doing well there!

23 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

It's really not that hard to make songs chart on iTunes. K-Pop fans do it all the time even though they're a tiny minority, and the songs never end up charting on actual charts. Most people don't buy albums or songs from iTunes anymore, so the charting mostly depends on fans' purchases. The GP either streams or buys physical albums. That's why Britney dethroning Gaga is not that big of a deal (fans and a few people from the GP that still buy albums on iTunes purchased "Chromatica" when it came out and that's it). If fans keep buying the song in bulk, it will probably stay #1, but once it stops, "Mood Ring" will free-fall because literally no one cares about it besides fans. I mean, I'm willing to stand corrected, but I'm 99,99% sure it won't chart on Billboard. :sipney: Look at how pathetic the views are on YouTube. Then, compare it to "Sour Candy". That's a pretty good reflection of overall streams. :parisok: I mean, don't get me wrong, it's really cool that a b-side from 2016 can chart so high, but let's not kid ourselves and pretend that anyone but her fans cares. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer, but it's true. :smokney2:

I think you’re confusing two things.... just because someone like a K-pop group charts high quickly on iTunes and they don’t chart does doesnt mean that iTunes is a Irrelevant.... The reason they don’t chart is because the song quickly falls off/stops selling on iTunes, which is the primary place for physical sales (Physical sales are not actual physical CDs but digital copies). You need to sell multiple thousands of copies and stay within the top 10 on I tunes sales chart for the majority of the recording week in order to chart on billboard. the justice campaigns that see a big peak for a so g or album for about a day and then disappears won’t chart. 

You can look up billboards rules and chart positions are a compilation of sales, streams, and radio impressions. With sales weighing the most. 

2 minutes ago, ShatteredBoy said:

You can buy it twice on iTunes with just one account, there are 2 different versions of the song!! And you can create new iTunes accounts and but it from there again and again. You can also but it on Amazon, I heard it’s doing well there!

Gifting from iTunes to other people does not count?  :shocked:

• Super Mods
5 hours ago, Just Because said:

Glory never got the recognition  it  truly deserved. There are so many fantastic songs on this album.  Her Team/ Britney  should re-release Glory. 

They should re-release the rest of the bonus tracks that are missing the new cover one by one to make people believe they're new songs :haha:

tbh, the bonus tracks were some of the best songs on the album: Better, Liar, Change Your Mind, If I'm Dancing, and even the unusual Coupure Électrique could cause some sort of curiosity if it's promoted.

Of course I would've promoted DYWCO and MOTM too, but since they haven't done anything with those anymore :mattafact: 

• Like 1

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Participate on Exhale's Top 100 of 2021

55 minutes ago, FastCar said:

This is so exciting!  I’m honestly shocked, I didn’t think it would pass Rain on Me because that’s blowing up right now... I hope this wakes her up from thinking she might not do music anymore!

I don’t honestly think she won’t ever do music again, just think she’s taking a much deserved break and hopefully at the end of this she’ll have much more creative control a la ITZ. 

9 minutes ago, Army1 said:

I think you’re confusing two things.... just because someone like a K-pop group charts high quickly on iTunes and they don’t chart does doesnt mean that iTunes is a Irrelevant.... The reason they don’t chart is because the song quickly falls off/stops selling on iTunes, which is the primary place for physical sales (Physical sales are not actual physical CDs but digital copies). You need to sell multiple thousands of copies and stay within the top 10 on I tunes sales chart for the majority of the recording week in order to chart on billboard. the justice campaigns that see a big peak for a so g or album for about a day and then disappears won’t chart. 

You can look up billboards rules and chart positions are a compilation of sales, streams, and radio impressions. With sales weighing the most. 

I'm not arguing whether or not digital sales matter. Obviously, they matter and play a bigger role than streaming in theory, but the thing is that the sales on iTunes are comparatively small these days, so charting on iTunes doesn't really show much besides fandom power, and we already knew that Britney still has a very large fanbase, which is why she can pull stuff like this off. :)

• Like 1