Kylie Minogue announces new album "Disco," drops lead single "Say Something"

We’re living exciting times musically, especially with dico taking over on mainstream. I’m here for it and I wish more old school acts will try to release something... a la Kylie. Also, what’s wrong with Kylie’s new album cover art? 

To me it’s perfectly fine, it is so representative for that era of music all sparkly and glittery and strident make up. Even the background it’s so well done, the stars are giving me the nostalgic feels. Omfg, I’m digging her new era so much and I’m here for it. :prettyney: 

• Love 2

It's the chorus, guys... :( It's weak to non-existent (extremely short, actually). I wish she had followed Max Martin's advice: the chorus is the MOST important of a song. He actually said he has changed verses into choruses and viceversa in the past, according to which part sounds the catchiest! Why not follow that principle here? I guess she took this project in a more relaxed way (the song is definitely chill and even kinda vibey) but leave that for the non-single tracks... :(

12 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I like the song... It's very polished, like you would expect from her. But I feel like she's aiming at her hardcore fanbase. This single is NOT for the masses.

Now with the 2020 disco revival because of albums like Future nostalgia, Chromatica and songs like say I think it is quite GP-friendly, since that’s what’s trendy now.

1 hour ago, Style. said:

We’re living exciting times musically, especially with dico taking over on mainstream. I’m here for it and I wish more old school acts will try to release something... a la Kylie. Also, what’s wrong with Kylie’s new album cover art? 

2020 music has delivered the best music since 2013 and i Stan :yesplease:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
On 7/24/2020 at 10:29 AM, Style. said:

To me it’s perfectly fine, it is so representative for that era of music all sparkly and glittery and strident make up. Even the background it’s so well done, the stars are giving me the nostalgic feels. Omfg, I’m digging her new era so much and I’m here for it. :prettyney: 

I mean it's growing on me and it really does represent the album very well, I guess the one sleeve bothers me because at first I thought she lost an arm :jl: though there are better pictures from that shoot that I prefer but I guess this pose and look conveys the disco era well

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block