Kylie Minogue announces new album "Disco," drops lead single "Say Something"

• Leader

912OmN3SPZL._AC_SL3000_.jpg

Kylie Minogue is hard at work on her 15th(!!!) studio album, officially titled Disco. It drops November 6th.

The first single is reportedly titled "Say Something" is officially out. It's a modern disco classic!

Kylie describes the new music on Disco as “grown-up disco. [It's] difficult even for me to explain,” she tells GQ of her new music. “But even grown-ups need some pure pop fun.”

Kylie recorded around 10 songs penned by songwriter Maegan Cottone. Cottone has co-created some pretty epic pop songs, including "Pretty Girls" by Britney Spears (FIGHT ME :didilie:), "Up" by Demi Lovato and Olly Murs and a bunch of Little Mix tracks. 

Cottone says in a recent podcast she and Kylie had a bunch of tracks done before the pandemic hit. Now that Kylie, like the rest of us, is quarantining  she's working in her own home-studio and getting guidance from Cottone through Zoom sessions. 

Cottone isn't sure how many of her songs will make the final cut, but believes at least a few will. 

Kylie is also working with Madonna producer, Mirwais.

Are YOU ready for Kylie? Sound off!

Related:

disco.jpg.dd18a62aa4eb12a3c747929b01e43f99.jpg

• Love 7
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

kylie.jpg.cfd59af9986b5146dfd7fe9de051e860.jpg

Kylie Minogue is hard at work on her 15th(!!!) studio album.

She recorded around 10 songs penned by songwriter Maegan Cottone. Cottone has co-created some pretty epic pop songs, including "Pretty Girls" by Britney Spears (FIGHT ME :didilie:), "Up" by Demi Lovato and Olly Murs and a bunch of Little Mix tracks. 

Cottone says in a new podcast she and Kylie had a bunch of tracks done before the pandemic hit. Now that Kylie, like the rest of us, is quarantining  she's working in her own home-studio and getting guidance from Cottone through Zoom sessions. 

Cottone isn't sure how many of her songs will make the final cut, but believes at least a few will. 

Kylie is also working with Madonna producer, Mirwais.

I'm super excited for this album! Hopefully Kylie can get that Dua collabo recorded :jj: 

Are YOU ready for new Kylie? Sound off!

Related:

Didn’t little mix write pretty girls?

5 hours ago, ScooterScott86 said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion but Kylie is the undisputed queen of pop. And bish is still lookin great at her age *cough cough Madge*.

Kylie is great, but she only has ten proper bops. I can’t get through one of her albums without skipping at least 6 songs. However, “Get Out Of My Way” is one of my all time favorite songs EVER. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Kylie is great, but she only has ten proper bops. I can’t get through one of her albums without skipping at least 6 songs. However, “Get Out Of My Way” is one of my all time favorite songs EVER. 

Get Outta My Way is amazing! Did you know it was offered to Britney?

• Love 1

I LOVE Kylie - she's my 2nd fave after Britney - but I really want her to go back to dance-pop. Her last album, Golden, was great but it get very boring. If she's going to experiment with a different genre of music, then do a song or two, not a full album. I don't want another experimental album. And the album before that, Kiss Me Once, was bland. She should just go back to doing what she does best. Her best albums are Light Years, Fever, and Aphrodite!

• Love 2
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, ol123 said:

I'm nervous about her working with Mirwais. His work on Madame X... well, we don't need to talk about that. :eheeek:

But his work on Music, American Life, and Confessions are super amazing! I'm not into Madame X but maybe that's more Madonna and where she is right now in her career than the producer. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Ohh ouch even Aphrodite?!?! Might be her most unskippable album for me, of course.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ScooterScott86 said:

Ohh ouch even Aphrodite?!?! Might be her most unskippable album for me, of course.

Yeah Kylie is very hit or miss with me. The closest album she release that I didn’t skip hardly any songs was kiss me once, and that is her most hated album. Lol. But the songs that I love from Kylie, I LOVE! But the ones I really dislike, I REALLY dislike lol

2 minutes ago, OnlyFacts said:

Yeah Kylie is very hit or miss with me. The closest album she release that I didn’t skip hardly any songs was kiss me once, and that is her most hated album. Lol. But the songs that I love from Kylie, I LOVE! But the ones I really dislike, I REALLY dislike lol

KMO isn’t bad any, it’s a great album better if you’re needing musical distraction. In no way a bad album. I Was Gonna Cancel mmm chef’s kiss brilliant, mindless pop. Which is what we need right now precisely. I might visit KMO now, thank you :)

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block